• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

In Stieg Larsson's Head, But His Own Man

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
In Stieg Larsson's Head, But His Own Man - by Steven Erlanger/ Books/ International New York Times/ The New York Times/ nytimes.com

STOCKHOLM — "The saga of Lisbeth Salander continues, and David Lagercrantz, who has written the sequel to Stieg Larsson’s wildly popular “Millennium” trilogy, is both proud and deeply anxious over how millions of readers will receive it.

“At night my head burns,” he said, explaining that he had tried to get Mr. Larsson’s characters “into my blood system” when writing. Asked about the biggest liberty he took, he laughed a little and said, “Doing it.”

A tall, handsome, slightly twitchy man in a T-shirt and plaid trousers, he acknowledged that “I’m scared to death that I won’t live up to Stieg.” But “I couldn’t resist,” he said. “I would have regretted it my whole life.”

Mr. Larsson’s legacy is certainly formidable, even intimidating. After he died in 2004 of a sudden heart attack at 50, his three books, beginning with “The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo,” went on to sell some 80 million copies in more than 50 languages.

In 2013, Mr. Larsson’s father and brother hired Mr. Lagercrantz, a Swedish author of literary fiction and biography, to write a sequel to the trilogy. The result, “The Girl in the Spider’s Web,” was published in 25 countries on Thursday (the American edition is due out on Tuesday), and its many publishers, including Knopf in the United States, have reason to be bullish..."

STEIG3-articleLarge.jpg

David Lagercrantz remains sensitive to charges that he is profiting from another man’s fame. Credit Moa Karlberg for The New York Times

Richard

puppymommo

TUG Member
Reaction score
David Lagercrantz remains sensitive to charges that he is profiting from another man’s fame.

I don't see why people would be upset; it was Larsson's family that asked Lagercrantz to do it.

I had noticed that the book had come out, what I didn't realize was that he died 11 years ago!

Helaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Playa Grande
Fiesta Americana
Eva Gabrielsson lived with Larson for 30 years, but they never married so all rights went to his apparently estranged father and brother on his death. She and the family were never able to come to an agreement.

She has 200 pages of the book 4 Larson wrote. She doesn't believe it should be finished or published. This is an entirely new book 4 totally created by another author. Thus the contention over it being published.

Last edited:

puppymommo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Eva Gabrielsson lived with Larson for 30 years, but they never married so all rights went to his apparently estranged father and brother on his death. She and the family were never able to come to an agreement.

Oh, that explains it :doh:

"Roger"

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am a great fan of the Diane Rehm show. For one of her two hours this morning her guests were David Lagercrantz and his American publisher. I only got to hear the middle part of the show - very interesting. Lagercrantz was directly asked about Eva Gabrielsson, her negative reaction to having a follow up book, and the dispute she has with the family. I thought he responded to the question very well. The Diane Rehm show is broadcast on Sirius radio, but you can hear replays of the show using the NPR app on a smartphone, tablet, or computer. (This morning's shows won't be available until this afternoon.)

Coincidently, I just finished the book last night. My reaction (I do not intend to give any spoilers, but if you don't want to take any chances, stop reading right here) ...

... I thought that Lagercrantz kept people in character, brought into play a character mysteriously only mentioned in the original series whom you would have thought should be playing a major role, and kept the quality of the book much more even. (I thought Larson would sometimes have some fairly lengthy boring sections.) However, the highs in the book were not as high as the highs in Larson's. Specifically, Salander was so wonderful at very creative revenge. No great revenge scenes in this book. Overall, a good read, but not outstanding. JMHO