• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

FREE - Wyndham Pagosa Springs Colorado, 8/4 LOCKOUT Unit, Deeded Week #1

shawnhayes

Reaction score
-Wyndham Pagosa Springs Colorado, Deeded Week #1
-8/4 Lockout Unit
-In the Ptarmigan unit
-2015 maintenance fees have been paid.
-Your first fees and usage would be January 2016
-I will pay the Wyndham transfer fee and the county deed recording fees for a simple Quit Claim Deed transfer
-Annual maintenance fees are $838
-I can provide you proof of ownership (deed) and fees being up to date
-Zero cost to you

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
A gentle suggestion - you will get more interest if you provide a professional title transfer to ensure it's done legally. It's only about $150.

I use this company - they are Tuggers:

L.T. Transfers
Lisa Short and Mary Pless
http://www.lttransfers.com/
readylegal@gmail.com

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
A gentle suggestion - you will get more interest if you provide a professional title transfer to ensure it's done legally. It's only about $150.

L.T. Transfers
readylegal@gmail.com

Denise, could I trouble you to look up the TPU of this Value Season Week on RCI?

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quarter House, Jean Lafitte House, Bali Hai
I'm surprised Wyndham won't take back this deed thru their Ovation program.

stonebroke

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
TPU

Did a search for 0948-Wyndham Pagosa for a week 1. An AB Unit (sleeps 8/4) has a Value of 15 (but for 2016 it has dropped to 14 already). Just the A shows 13/12 and a B is 12/11.

shawnhayes

Reaction score
I am interested is it in point system

It is a deeded fixed week, and I am sorry but I don't know anything about the points system beside what I have seen in passing. Maybe it can be converted to points or something?

At any rate, it is not currently in any points system.

shawnhayes

Reaction score

L.T. Transfers
readylegal@gmail.com

Although I personally find it to be a waste of money to pay a service $150 to record an $11 deed, I am willing to go this route and pay the cost for anyone who is interested. I understand why folks might want that.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was not aware of that program but some quick searching seems to indicate it is for "Worldmark Owners"?

No sir, Wyndham too. I'll see if I can find the number. I'm guessing they won't take this location and week, but the call is free.

855-312-9040

Last edited:

shawnhayes

Reaction score
Thank you for your interest.

Due to the extremely gracious mention above about the Ovation program, which I knew nothing about, I was able to do some research, make some calls and ultimately get pointed towards the CAP program. Wyndham is going to take my week back at no cost to me. I'm realistic or pessimistic enough to know better than to pop the champagne just yet, but my resort was on their list and the phone agent said it's a lock, just a matter of a title search to make sure I am all up to date. Takes quite a long time, but she was certain it would happen prior to my next MF in January.

I also was successful in getting through to the Ovation folks (first) and they said "possibly" it's up to the resort, we will submit a request for you and they will provide a decision....in 3 months. I said sure, go ahead, and then called the resort direct to see if there was a more reasonable way to achieve the goal from a time frame standpoint. That's how I got sent to the CAP folks.

I did learn that there is NO option direct with the resort because of contractual obligations with Wyndham. PM me if you are still interested on these new terms or if you might like the phone numbers I was given.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your interest.

Due to the extremely gracious mention above about the Ovation program, which I knew nothing about, I was able to do some research, make some calls and ultimately get pointed towards the CAP program. Wyndham is going to take my week back at no cost to me. I'm realistic or pessimistic enough to know better than to pop the champagne just yet, but my resort was on their list and the phone agent said it's a lock, just a matter of a title search to make sure I am all up to date. Takes quite a long time, but she was certain it would happen prior to my next MF in January.

I also was successful in getting through to the Ovation folks (first) and they said "possibly" it's up to the resort, we will submit a request for you and they will provide a decision....in 3 months. I said sure, go ahead, and then called the resort direct to see if there was a more reasonable way to achieve the goal from a time frame standpoint. That's how I got sent to the CAP folks.

I did learn that there is NO option direct with the resort because of contractual obligations with Wyndham. PM me if you are still interested on these new terms or if you might like the phone numbers I was given.

Excellent news! Did they give you in info on what CAP is? I haven't heard of it.

shawnhayes

Reaction score
Excellent news! Did they give you in info on what CAP is? I haven't heard of it.

Customer Assistance Program I believe is what it stands for. I saw in mentioned in the Ovation thread too. That was who the nice lady at Pagosa sent me to, even read me the email she had received in Feb introducing the program. Referred to it as a "new program" too.

To clarify: I don't think that the Customer Assistance Program is a new thing as I've seen posts about that portal going back several years, just whatever the program is where they are accepting deed backs. I actually think it's called...

Last edited:

shawnhayes

Reaction score
I was doing this on my phone today at work and I realize it was quite disjointed, so for the benefit of anyone else in a similar situation I would like to clarify and tell you what I did/know.

First, last night I called the resort directly and asked to speak to someone about the Ovation Program. They told me I needed to talk to sales. Sales was closed.

Next, I called the Ovation Program this morning at (855) 312-9040. I spoke at length with a person who told me that Pagosa Springs/Ptarmigan was involved in that program. She also told me that Wyndham submits the request to the resort, but it is ultimately up to the resort to either accept or reject your request to relinquish. She also said it typically takes about 3 months to get that determination. I asked her to go ahead and submit the request.

Next, thinking that there had to be a shortened route (less than 3 months anyway), I recalled the resort (the Sales number I had been given) and asked to speak to someone about the Limited Edition program, as I had been told that was more widely recognized at least verbally than Ovation. I bounced through three people in sales until I got someone who understood what I was talking about and explained that this stuff all has to go through Wyndham because of contract terms. I think I was even transferred to another department first (Title maybe). That person gave me the CAP department number of (877) 234-3435.

I then called the CAP people. They were very helpful and she looked up the list to confirm my resort was participating. She then explained that a title search would be done and if it was clear I would get paperwork in the mail that I needed to sign, get notarized and sent back. She said she had seen that take a month and she had seen 12 weeks. I asked that there was no "decision" to be made by the resort, and she said no, if the title was clear it was a done deal, just a matter of time. I mentioned in a previous post I think about her comment on different programs with different parameters, so maybe that explains it.

I have no idea what the "program" is, maybe CAP Customer Assistance Program IS the program name, because when you call the 877 number they answer as Wyndham Owner Services.

That's what I know. :)

jmurp62

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham points
Easy peasey

I gave back 4 of my high MF deeds a few weeks ago. It was a quick and easy process.