• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hilton Head Island Pools

Password is taco

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Barony Beach
SVV - Key West
I'm having trouble finding information about the pools at the Marriott's in Hilton Head. We have young kids, so would like to know which resorts have the kid friendly zero depth pools and splash pads that are good for toddlers/pre school age children. I'm specifically curious about Grande Ocean, Surfwatch, Barony, and Monarch. If anyone has details it would be much appreciated.

Phillie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Barony and Surf

I know that MGO and Monarch do not have a zero entry pools. MGO has a kiddie pool next to the south pool near Pool Bar Jim and they have another near the Dolphin pool. I dont know about kiddie pools at Monarch. Barony has a zero entry at the beach pool and a water play zone at the gardens pool. Surfwatch has I believe has a play zone on the one side but the beach side pool is definitely not zero. Others might be able to provide some more details too.

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
MOW /MGC /MCV/MGO / Trust Points
I'm having trouble finding information about the pools at the Marriott's in Hilton Head. We have young kids, so would like to know which resorts have the kid friendly zero depth pools and splash pads that are good for toddlers/pre school age children. I'm specifically curious about Grande Ocean, Surfwatch, Barony, and Monarch. If anyone has details it would be much appreciated.
From what I have seen, Barony has the best combination of pools for young children. They did a wonderful job when they upgraded the pool in the garden section a few years ago.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Son Antem, Playa Andaluza, Harbour Lake
Grande Ocean has a zero entry pool. We spent the majority of our time at the North Pool by the Dolphin building and it was relatively shallow for quite a bit of it. Our youngest who was five at the time and was still wearing arm bands felt pretty comfortable in that pool. There's also a toddler pool right next to it.

Phillie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry to contradict you on MGO

There are no pools at grande ocean with a walk in zero entry. I am an owner and I am here now. The pools are shallow by the steps but there are steps to get into any of them. I too see and even my own boys have had no issues in the past in these pools with just arm blow ups.

sb2313

TUG Member
Reaction score
We love surfwatch overall , but barony has the best pools for what you're looking for in its garden pool section. Surfwatch does have a very, very small kiddie pool by the ocean pool and there is a small Spash pad by the Oceanside pool as well.

rpk113

TUG Member
Reaction score
Totally off topic, heading to MGO next with my 6 and 4 yr olds.. What is the rule on pool toys? (i.e. buckets, diving toys, etc...)

Phillie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Small toys generally ok

Technically not allowed except in the kiddie pools but you do see small diving toys to fetch or soft balls thrown. No blow up rafts. Don't see buckets except on side of pool sometimes. Lots of noodles!