• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Encore Package and FREE Enrollment

Ricci

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have everything in writing....I'm assuming they wait for the 10 day cancellation period to be over before processing the paperwork. I also called the person who sold me the encore package, and she again verified that both my weeks will be enrolled..... everything is in writing.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
I have everything in writing....I'm assuming they wait for the 10 day cancellation period to be over before processing the paperwork. I also called the person who sold me the encore package, and she again verified that both my weeks will be enrolled..... everything is in writing.
That is great.

Ricci

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Since my last post, I've gotten the confirmation email and enrolled both weeks. The external week is also now available to be turned in for Marriott Reward Points, if I so choose.
I understand a new II acct. will be set up for me. Am I correct in understanding that since I still have 3 weeks deposited in my present II acct., I will have to keep that acct open until they are exchanged? Also, I'm assuming I will have to pay the exchange fees on those weeks.
The rep. told me to call II in two weeks just to verify that my two accounts are linked.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Since my last post, I've gotten the confirmation email and enrolled both weeks. The external week is also now available to be turned in for Marriott Reward Points, if I so choose.
I understand a new II acct. will be set up for me. Am I correct in understanding that since I still have 3 weeks deposited in my present II acct., I will have to keep that acct open until they are exchanged? Also, I'm assuming I will have to pay the exchange fees on those weeks.
The rep. told me to call II in two weeks just to verify that my two accounts are linked.

Yes, you will need to keep your old II account open through your use of the last week you have on deposit. Standard exchange fees will apply.

Linking your accounts just allows you to use a single login to login to either II account on their website. No need to have two separate user names and passwords.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Shadowridge was waiving the enrollment fee wirh an encore package purchase:
$1195
4 nights in 2br at select resorts
required tour during the stay
50,000 MRP
Enrollment fee of $2495 waived

Saw 2 couples sign up
Salesperson claimed to know nothing about it (was sold downstairs)

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Shadowridge was waiving the enrollment fee wirh an encore package purchase:
$1195
4 nights in 2br at select resorts
required tour during the stay
50,000 MRP
Enrollment fee of $2495 waived

Saw 2 couples sign up
Salesperson claimed to know nothing about it (was sold downstairs)

These actually sound like a pretty decent deal for those that have held out on enrolling. Wonder if this will spread to other resorts?

ffxjack

TUG Member
Reaction score
To enroll or not enroll--that is the question?

Just bought a second encore package which includes 4 nights at many properties with some restrictions that high season will require a significant supplement.
The main reason I bought it though is $1150 included enrollment of my week plus 50k MRP. I figured that's cheaper than their current $2395 enrollment fee anyways.

However, I'm very conflicted since I'm a one week legacy owner who likes to actually use what I own 80% of the time. Do I want to pay extra $175 annually when I see myself converting my week over twice in the next decade? After kids grow up, I could see us turning it over frequently though to go during a less premium season.

The second question is if I use my home week in 2016 like I plan to, therefore have zero DC points, am I still eligible to rent enough points from other members for whole weeks? Does it make a difference to me whether points owners rent me 4500 points and make reservation in my name if my week is enrolled or not?

Thanks advance for all advice which has always been highly informed and valuable here.. I had discovered and joined TUG when first thinking of owning then forgot about the website for years but these points are a whole different ball game, so will be joining again once I get home and off Marriott WiFi.

JIMinNC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
I am a fan of the points system, so my bias is to advise you to enroll. Essentially, they are offering free enrollment. No guarantee what the offers will be in the future. Even if you are paying the $175/yr for the next ten years for minimal exchanges, you are still paying less over time than the standard up front enrollment fee.

If you are enrolled and have a DC Points account, then you should be able to rent points even if you have none of your own. If you think you will opt to rent some points on a semi-regular basis, if it were me, this would be the most compelling reason to take the free enrollment option. If you are not enrolled and don't have a points account, all you can do is have an existing points owner make the reservation for you. They are your landlord. When you are enrolled and you rent points, as soon as you pay for the points and the seller transfers them into your account, they are YOUR points and you can make your own reservation just like with points you own. You do not have to worry about having another owner as your landlord and just being an additional name on their reservation - the reservation is yours. That would be a very important consideration for me because I prefer to control my own reservations.

Last edited:

taffy19

Reaction score
Just bought a second encore package which includes 4 nights at many properties with some restrictions that high season will require a significant supplement.
The main reason I bought it though is $1150 included enrollment of my week plus 50k MRP. I figured that's cheaper than their current $2395 enrollment fee anyways.

However, I'm very conflicted since I'm a one week legacy owner who likes to actually use what I own 80% of the time. Do I want to pay extra $175 annually when I see myself converting my week over twice in the next decade? After kids grow up, I could see us turning it over frequently though to go during a less premium season.

The second question is if I use my home week in 2016 like I plan to, therefore have zero DC points, am I still eligible to rent enough points from other members for whole weeks? Does it make a difference to me whether points owners rent me 4500 points and make reservation in my name if my week is enrolled or not?

Thanks advance for all advice which has always been highly informed and valuable here.. I had discovered and joined TUG when first thinking of owning then forgot about the website for years but these points are a whole different ball game, so will be joining again once I get home and off Marriott WiFi.
Since you are already planning not to use your resort at least once in five visits, I believe that it is worth it. We only own one week too.

We were never going to exchange but we changed our mind last year and we were very happy with using points because we could downgrade and stay less than a week but reserve the view we wanted which you cannot do with II. We ended up with 12 nights and one resort would have been hard to get or even impossible.

How many points will you get for your resort because that is also important. If you get very few points, then it may not be worth it but renting points is a very valuable perk to have.

Last edited:

puckmanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
good morning

ENROLL...

the $175 covers your current II fees as you will just be moved to a "corporate II" account and you can drop the other II account... This also covers exchange, lock off and cancel fees...

It is a good deal...

AlmostRetired

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Ocean Platinum, 2 x Grand Chateau 3 Bedroom (annual, EOY Odd)
I have one legacy week enrolled in the program. I have never traded for DC points nor do I think I ever will. Too many better options on how to use my week. I will continue to pay the yearly fee just for the flexibility to remain in the program. The ability to rent points if/when I want is worth the fee. I do plan on renting points when I can take advantage of travel that is not tied to the school calendar.

Ricci

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Since my original post, my "corporate" II acct. was set up with both weeks enrolled. I was also able to schedule Feb 28 - March 6 at Surf Watch for the encore week. I was only eligible to schedule Dec - Feb, but as long as the first day was in the month of February, I booked that particular week. All in all, I think it was a good deal. I bought a getaway at Ocean Watch for the week before, and am using Reward points for 5 days in Savannah for the week after. I know the weather may not be the greatest, but 3 weeks out of a Pennsylvania winter sounds pretty sweet.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
These actually sound like a pretty decent deal for those that have held out on enrolling. Wonder if this will spread to other resorts?
Between the room nights and points valued at a penny apiece it's a break even on the money paid, and they are basically enrolling your unit for free.

As noted above, near the end of our presentation I asked about this option,and the salesperson stated that he had checked with his manager and it is not possible. When the encore salesperson came over to us, I had already heard another discussing the offer with a different couple. It seems to me, that their intent is not to offer this ability upstairs as they pitch enrollment with the purchase of points, but will offer it to you as a very last resort. I would not bring it up during the presentation at all, but mention that you were offered this option to come to the tour when you speak to the Encore salesperson.

Last edited:

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
good morning

ENROLL...

the $175 covers your current II fees as you will just be moved to a "corporate II" account and you can drop the other II account... This also covers exchange, lock off and cancel fees...

It is a good deal...
Not forgetting of course that it is $215 annual dues for the higher DC Points levels and you can't drop the Personal II account if you also want to use II for weeks not eligible for enrolment because they were bought after the US cutoff date or after the later Europe cutoff date or they are Asia Pacific weeks.
It is still A good deal though.

Last edited:

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau

I would have thought that the $1150 Encore price includes DC enrollment only if you buy points when you come on the Encore visit. Are you sure you get the enrollment with no further outlay? If true, I advise you to enroll. It is a good deal for you but does not make sense as a business offering, which is the reason for my skepticism.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
I would have thought that the $1150 Encore price includes DC enrollment only if you buy points when you come on the Encore visit. Are you sure you get the enrollment with no further outlay? If true, I advise you to enroll. It is a good deal for you but does not make sense as a business offering, which is the reason for my skepticism.

A couple TUGgers have recently taken advantage of waived enrollment fees with Encore packages (and no Points purchases) although davidvel says, "It seems to me, that their intent is not to offer this ability upstairs as they pitch enrollment with the purchase of points, but will offer it to you as a very last resort."

Note threads are being merged.

ffxjack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks all for advice.

II is something I've only used once to trade into Aruba then gave up so its not a big deal.

Enrollment is definitely included in encore price. Worse case scenario for MVCI, they get $175 annually from me for what I do now. They must keep good stats on what percentage of guests buy with 2 encore presentations when they already own.

Any thoughts on whether I can rent points even when I don't turn in my week?

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
... Any thoughts on whether I can rent points even when I don't turn in my week?

Yes, anybody who has a DC account can rent Points from other DC Members, with the Points and all reservations made with them then being controlled by the person to whom the Points are rented.

But anybody who is not a DC Member can rent reservations made by DC Members using their Points (similar to Marriott Weeks rentals.) In this case control of the Points and the reservations remains with the DC Member.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
If you think you need more "time" then I would suggest enrolling and then renting points to get that time. You can always use it to just extend your home resort reservation by a few nights on each end. Your savings on airfare might be more than you spend to rent the points.

Cost benefiting a single week enrolled week is tough. You won't come out ahead financially. You need to look at it more from a usage/flexibility perspective.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I am curious if these encore packages that also include DC enrollment if it also comes with the PlusPoints that one would normally get with a full freight enrollment? Might be worth letting your enrollment in the program end by not paying the annual fee, then just get one of these Encore Packages to re-enroll and get the PlusPoints. I think it is 3,500 PlusPoints for new enrollments.

Ricci

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am curious if these encore packages that also include DC enrollment if it also comes with the PlusPoints that one would normally get with a full freight enrollment? Might be worth letting your enrollment in the program end by not paying the annual fee, then just get one of these Encore Packages to re-enroll and get the PlusPoints. I think it is 3,500 PlusPoints for new enrollments.

PlusPoints was never mentioned with the encore pkg. deal.

ffxjack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Plus points only with trust point purchase

My encore deals have only included MRP and vacation package. This time included enrollment of my week. Of course, im obligated to attend 90 min sales presentation.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
TUGgers have recently taken advantage of waived enrollment fees with Encore packages (and no Points purchases) although davidvel says, "It seems to me, that their intent is not to offer this ability upstairs as they pitch enrollment with the purchase of points, but will offer it to you as a very last resort."

Note threads are being merged.

No point purchase required. No plus points included.

ffxjack

TUG Member
Reaction score
DC account same as my MVCI account?

Yes, anybody who has a DC account can rent Points from other DC Members, with the Points and all reservations made with them then being controlled by the person to whom the Points are rented.

Other than reserving my one week at 9am annually, haven't explored the site too often (so I apologize in advance for my uninformed question). Is my DC account the same? Should I rent some points just to see what's actually available?

One of my reservations about the whole sales pitch was there would be no availability Sunday to Thursday to add to my week during high season. Also, are national holidays more expensive points wise?

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
Also, are national holidays more expensive points wise?

HERE is the 2016 Points Chart so you can see what the points needs are during different times of the year.