• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sumday Vacations?

missyrcrews

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
I'm considering a purchase from Sumday Vacations. It's a near-freebie with closing costs and 2015 MF's included, and 2015 first year of use, so that's good. Anything I should be wary of with these folks? I've never bought from anywhere but my home resort, so a little leery! Thanks for your help!

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
They are the best mass seller out there, hands down. Not that they never make a mistake, but they are rare and when they do they will do whatever it takes to make it right. No reason whatsoever to be leery, but it's always good to check.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Two thumbs up for Sumday.

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
They are the best mass seller out there, hands down. Not that they never make a mistake, but they are rare and when they do they will do whatever it takes to make it right. No reason whatsoever to be leery, but it's always good to check.

Ditto + 3 thumbs up!!

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
They're also Tug members in good standing. As trustworthy as you'll find.

Dave

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I would say since you are an experienced timeshare owner and you are a member of TUG, you will be fine. Just ask a lot of questions and come on here to ask about anything that doesn't sound right. If you are also familiar with the resort, that helps a lot. You can always contact them as well to confirm certain things. When I was acquiring the Pollard Brook freebie I was on TUG weekly every step of the way. I asked a lot of questions of the transfer company and on TUG and I stayed on top of it all and it went smoothly. Of course, it helped that I didn't have to lay out any money, so it wasn't really very risky. I don't know anything about Sumday. There are some complaints posted on Redweek, but there are also some compliments posted there as well. Good luck!

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
I'm considering a purchase from Sumday Vacations. It's a near-freebie with closing costs and 2015 MF's included, and 2015 first year of use, so that's good. Anything I should be wary of with these folks? I've never bought from anywhere but my home resort, so a little leery! Thanks for your help!

I have bought from them once and they were great to deal with...

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Several transactions. Always turned out ok. And the owner is really quick to respond here if someone posts a problem.

schiff1997

TUG Member
Reaction score
They are great to work with, quick to get back to you. No issues we have closed two with them.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Reading this thread I was thinking how great it is (1) that we have TUG members to consult with on topics like this and (2) how great that there are still a few reputable timeshare sellers out there.

missyrcrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
THanks, guys!

Thanks a million! It's for (yet) another week at the timeshare we already own at. It's a week I've been trying to persuade my husband that we need. Between Christmas and New Year's some years, so we'd be able to go there some years, and trade it other times. We really enjoy vacationing this way, and this would give us a week there in every season. (Think we're addicted...?) Sure do appreciate you folks helping me out. Now to work further on Dennis! ;)

Missy

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
That's so great! Will be perfect for you! Good luck with it!

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just so you are familiar with their listing processes. They first put inventory on their website where you can only "buy it now" with a shopping cart type check-out system. You do have to prepay with a CC. If it sits for too long on the website then it goes to ebay. The best gems generally never make it to ebay. The prices on their site are usually pretty good although they knee jerked a little bit too much on Marriott's after Marriott was exercising ROFR on many of their listings. They have some low level Marriott weeks priced too high that Marriott doesn't want for even $1.

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks a million! It's for (yet) another week at the timeshare we already own at. It's a week I've been trying to persuade my husband that we need. Between Christmas and New Year's some years, so we'd be able to go there some years, and trade it other times. We really enjoy vacationing this way, and this would give us a week there in every season. (Think we're addicted...?) Sure do appreciate you folks helping me out. Now to work further on Dennis! ;)

Missy

You will not be addicted until you have more timeshare weeks than vacation weeks, and unable or unwilling to give any up.

missyrcrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Purchased!

I got the week for $29.99 from their website in the clearance section. No MF's until April of 2016, and we can use it this year. I'll let you folks know how it turns out. If it doesn't work, then I'm out $29.99...which I can live with, I suppose. But if it DOES all pan out, I've got a week we can use most years during ski season. :banana:

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I got the week for $29.99 from their website in the clearance section. No MF's until April of 2016, and we can use it this year. I'll let you folks know how it turns out. If it doesn't work, then I'm out $29.99...which I can live with, I suppose. But if it DOES all pan out, I've got a week we can use most years during ski season. :banana:

Congratulations on your purchase. I'll be surprised if it DOESN'T work out. Sumday is good for what they sell, and quick to fix any issues that pop up. If you need reassurance, search Tug for posts by Jeff Brown. He's the owner of Sumday. He's a class act.

Dave

Deb from NC

TUG Member
Reaction score
We had very good experience with Sumday as well...I bought our Flagstaff converted fixed week from their website. Great price and all went well....

swazzie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another satisfied customer...I got one of my units from them and was able to negotiate a great price on it (lower than their list price and well below some winning eBay bids).

MelBay

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I've purchased two contracts from them. Smooth as silk. May be using them to sell one for my MIL soon.

missyrcrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Another question...

Alright, Tuggers...you've all been great thus far.

One more question for you: Where exactly do these time share weeks that Sumday is selling come from? I contacted my resort (which is quite small, so the manager knows me on a first-name basis!) to just sort of say "this is what I've done...be on the lookout for paperwork...yada yada." She told me that the week I've purchased still shows as belonging to someone, which I'm not surprised at, really. Is Sumday just kind of a go-between...advertising the week for the seller (who must have to pay quite a bit for this service?), and then doing the transfer? The resort has never had a week that was actually sold in this way, so we're going to learn together.

Thanks for your continued help as I go through this process! Glad I have you folks to question!

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook

One more question for you: Where exactly do these time share weeks that Sumday is selling come from? I contacted my resort (which is quite small, so the manager knows me on a first-name basis!) to just sort of say "this is what I've done...be on the lookout for paperwork...yada yada." She told me that the week I've purchased still shows as belonging to someone, which I'm not surprised at, really. Is Sumday just kind of a go-between...advertising the week for the seller (who must have to pay quite a bit for this service?), and then doing the transfer? The resort has never had a week that was actually sold in this way, so we're going to learn together.

Thanks for your continued help as I go through this process! Glad I have you folks to question!

I was wondering the same thing! Even with the company I got the Pollard Brook one from- (Timeshare Nation)- I still don't understand how-according to them in a example- a resort (like in Mexico) takes a timeshare as a trade-in from someone towards a purchase at their resort, but yet it still stays in the buyers name and they can't do anything with it- and then a timeshare management company gets involved (Timeshare Equity) and Timeshare Nation markets it for them and then uses a transfer/broker (in my case- Duncan Realty)to do the transfer. It all worked out very smoothly, but I still don't get the part about the resort taking a trade-in from a potential buyer for their timeshare resort and paying the equity company to manage it and get rid of it for the buyer and then the equity company paying the marketing company and - Aye! Yaye! Yaye!

Last edited:

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score

I'm not certain where their inventory comes from. They do not advertise any services for timeshare owners. They only advertise as a place to shop for timeshares to buy. They do not appear to have a related entity that "gathers" the timeshares so I assume they have contracts with other companies that handle that part of it. They also have no problem letting them go for nothing with closing included so they must be getting revenue from these other unrelated entities. They are also not transferring any unsold units to viking ships.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Could they be foreclosures?

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Could they be foreclosures?

No because with a foreclosure I believe the HOA would have to first take title. There would be a foreclosure record. Sumday's purchase contracts and deed transfers are all directly between the existing owner and the new buyer. That existing owner must have paid or will pay someone for the service, I am just not sure who.

I doubt Sumday will reveal the source or sources of their inventory. I know I wouldn't if I was them. Anyone could easily find out though by contacting an existing owner on a contract or deed and ask what service they used to get rid of their timeshare.

Last edited: