• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

"FREE" Wyndham points contracts

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ron, are all of these with a January use year?

I'm looking for a July use year (or April or Ocotober).

I just modified the list to add the use year..I should have done that before as thats a good reason to buy a stripped contract

Thanks

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
What's going on? Why are you doing this? Is everything OK?

All is well....very well in fact

As you may know Wyndham can only handle 40 contracts per account. and I had 3 platinum accounts pushing the limit. Im restructuring to replace the small contracts with larger ones. In fact Im in transfer with 9 contracts totaling 4.5mm points....gotta make room

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
I am beginning to think that people do not fully understand the implications (and total cost) of this full disclosure.

There are certainly some that do not.

That being said, there were more than a couple that seemed like fair deals for both sides, especially when you take in to account Ron's offer of discounted rentals. I took one. It will be interesting to see if it maintains it's current UY when it moves to my account.

Last edited:

A.Win

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Ron (or someone else),

I'm curious about the ones that say fixed week. How would the transfer work? Would the buyer get a fixed week or the points? Or can they pick between points and weeks each year? If that is the case, wouldn't it be important to list which week?

To get points, would the new owner need to pay Wyndham a conversion fee? Or did you already pay that fee and it was a one-time cost?

Thanks

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi Ron (or someone else),

I'm curious about the ones that say fixed week. How would the transfer work? Would the buyer get a fixed week or the points? Or can they pick between points and weeks each year? If that is the case, wouldn't it be important to list which week?

To get points, would the new owner need to pay Wyndham a conversion fee? Or did you already pay that fee and it was a one-time cost?

Thanks

Yes, you can reserve the underlying week up to 10 months out, so you would want to know the week number. If you don't reserve the week, then you can use the points at 10 months out. You would not need to pay any additional fee; the original owner paid that to convert.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
A converted fixed week stays as points when transferred to a new owner... for now.

ARP is only the underlying week.

A.Win

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick responses.

So it seems that Ron should indicate the exact fixed week in case the buyer wants to use that week.

Are there any other advantages to owning fixed weeks? For example, would a fixed week owner at Kingsgate or Sea Gardens have any special benefits at the resort? Like a discount on activities? Or the right to book extra nights at a special price? Perhaps it varies depending on the resort?

Also does it work the same way with RCI points? Once an owner pays to convert, then the resale buyer inherits the RCI points without having to pay anything else?

Thanks again!

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick responses.

So it seems that Ron should indicate the exact fixed week in case the buyer wants to use that week.

Are there any other advantages to owning fixed weeks? For example, would a fixed week owner at Kingsgate or Sea Gardens have any special benefits at the resort? Like a discount on activities? Or the right to book extra nights at a special price? Perhaps it varies depending on the resort?

Also does it work the same way with RCI points? Once an owner pays to convert, then the resale buyer inherits the RCI points without having to pay anything else?

Thanks again!

Regarding fixed weeks, I dont have any idea what week the are. I bought this stuff for the points. Ill dig through my stack of deeds and old estopples and will add what I find to the spreadsheet

Understand that the only reason to know the specific week is if you want that particular week for ARP..and except for Palm Aire and Sea Gardens in the winter season I dont think there is a problem reserving any of these old fixed weeks resorts at 10 months.

Last edited:

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are certainly some that do not.

That being said, there were more than a couple that seemed like fair deals for both sides, especially when you take in to account Ron's offer of discounted rentals. I took one. It will be interesting to see if it maintains it's current UY when it moves to my account.

So next year you will be paying the full maintenance fees plus an extra $3/thousand points to take your vacation versus a regular owner who paid their MF and received their points to take their vacation. Same thing in 2017.

Double-check what you are buying. Whoever is buying that 154k annual Bonnet Creek and thinks they will be paying only $383/yr plus the program fee, may be in for a bit of a surprise.

"points --- annual or EOY ------- resort --------- mf --- udi or converted week
154000 __ A[nnual] _______Bonnet Creek ___ 383 _______udi _______________ sold BE"

It is very creative marketing with full disclosure. If people understand they are paying 2-2.5 years of MFs for points they will never see with no ARP for 2 years and still think it is deal that works for them, then yes it must be a fair deal -- infinitely better than a developer purchase. It just seems that people are taking the word "Free" too literally.

Last edited:

LLW

TUG Member
Reaction score
So next year you will be paying the full maintenance fees plus $3/point to take your vacation versus a regular owner who paid their MF and received their points to take their vacation. Same thing in 2017.

Double-check what you are buying. Whoever is buying that 154k annual Bonnet Creek and thinks they will be paying only $383/yr plus the program fee, may be in for a bit of a surprise.
"154000 A Bonnet Creek 383 udi sold BE"

It is very creative marketing with full disclosure. If people understand they are paying 2-2.5 years of MFs for points they will never see with no ARP for 2 years and still think it is deal that works for them, then yes it must be a fair deal -- infinitely better than a developer purchase. It just seems that people are taking the word "Free" too literally.
I am not familiar with Wyndham Points (or Weeks). What would the MF be for 154K annual points at Bonnet Creek? What does "udi" mean for Wyndham at Bonnet Creek? Any special closing costs, or transfer costs in addition to the $299 that Wyndham charges?

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
What's going on? Why are you doing this? Is everything OK?

All is well....very well in fact

As you may know Wyndham can only handle 40 contracts per account. and I had 3 platinum accounts pushing the limit. Im restructuring to replace the small contracts with larger ones. In fact Im in transfer with 9 contracts totaling 4.5mm points....gotta make room
When I read Ron's original post, I assumed he was getting rid of these 29 contracts simply because he found something that worked even better for him. I'm pleased to hear that is the case! :)

With RCI points, it varies from resort to resort. At some resorts, the resale buyer can keep the RCI Points contracts (or the buyer can opt out of RCI Points -- RCI Points conversions can always be undone at the owner's request) and at some resorts, the new buyer would get just the underlying week, and would have to pay a conversion fee for RCI Points.

I bought a Sheraton Vistana week a couple of years ago, and after it closed, I found out it had been converted to RCI Points. Starwood (Sheraton) canceled the RCI Points contract, because they don't let RCI Points transfer to buyers. (In fact, I don't think the Sheraton Vistana is allowing new owners to use their weeks in RCI Points, not even for a fee. That is fine with me, because I already own more RCI Points than I need.)

Most resorts let RCI Points transfer to the new owner. But, one should always verify this with the resort before buying an RCI Points contract.

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score

"154000 A Bonnet Creek 383 udi sold BE"....
CO skier, I'm not knowledgeable about Wyndham and am not sure what you mean. Is the "surprise" the fact that the new owner will not have points for the next few years, and will need to rent (at a discount from Ron)? If that's the only extra expense, I don't think it's really a surprise because Ron made it very clear.

Or, is there some other expense I'm not aware of? $383 for 154k annual points sounds like an amazing deal. Are points really that cheap at Bonnet Creek?

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
CO skier, I'm not knowledgeable about Wyndham and am not sure what you mean. Is the "surprise" the fact that the new owner will not have points for the next few years, and will need to rent (at a discount from Ron)? If that's the only extra expense, I don't think it's really a surprise because Ron made it very clear.

Or, is there some other expense I'm not aware of? $383 for 154k annual points sounds like an amazing deal. Are points really that cheap at Bonnet Creek?

Just a guess, but maintenance fees at Bonnet Creek run about double that amount, so this is probably an Every Other Year contract, and it is just a typo in the list. Either way -- double the MF or half the annual points -- it will be a surprise for the new owner.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just a guess, but maintenance fees at Bonnet Creek run about double that amount, so this is probably an Every Other Year contract, and it is just a typo in the list. Either way -- double the MF or half the annual points -- it will be a surprise for the new owner.

It wont be a surprise for anyone as we would find my error when preparing a contract or from a review of the estopple or the closing company would find the problem when preparing the deed.

The Bonnet Creek is indeed an eoy (even year)

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am not familiar with Wyndham Points (or Weeks). What would the MF be for 154K annual points at Bonnet Creek? What does "udi" mean for Wyndham at Bonnet Creek? Any special closing costs, or transfer costs in addition to the $299 that Wyndham charges?

UDI means the same thing at Bonnet Creek as it does at any other resort

Undivided Interest

instead of owning a certain unit for a week, the deed is for a fraction of the entire resort.

for example my deed for a property Im keeping reads "a 770,000/274,813,000 undivided fee simple interest as co-owner in group number 1 in fairfield New Orleans at La belle Maison. a condominium..."

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
So next year you will be paying the full maintenance fees plus an extra $3/thousand points to take your vacation versus a regular owner who paid their MF and received their points to take their vacation. Same thing in 2017.

"points --- annual or EOY ------- resort --------- mf --- udi or converted week
154000 __ A[nnual] _______Bonnet Creek ___ 383 _______udi _______________ sold BE"

To be clear, this is not an attractive offer for most folks. But if you have been hoping to find a small contract to use for estate planning purposes or to just add your kids name to your account to avoid guest fees, then perhaps one of these would work for you

Things like transaction fees, minimum program fees and housekeeping fees make some point values more efficient than others, Also if you own exactly enough points for a one bedroom at your favorite resort, but your family has grown to the point a two bedroom would be more comfortable a small contract to get you to that next level, might be just the ticket

There was someone here recently that wanted some points at Royal Vista for the ARP..Royal Vista isnt something you see every day, in fact he might not see one for several years. My small Royal Vista contracts might be just twhat the doctor ordered. ..Likewise Glacier Canyon or the CWA contract on my list

There have been posts here in the past where someone asks, whats the cheapest way to gain access to RCI's last call inventory. A small eoy wyndham contract might be just right for someone like this. Pay $500 or so a year for an unlimited number of under $300 vacation weeks. .

One of my buyers told me the number of points available now or ever wasnt important to him, Like me he rents wyndham reservations. What he wanted was an empty account so he could give access to search wyndham inventory to his potential customers. This is such a good idea that Im going to implement it myself, and as a thank you Im paying his closing costs and transfer fee..*Now when someone calls me to ask, do you have anything available for a certain place and time? I dont have to look...and keep looking. he can look himself

And consider this: for the annuals and eoy's(evens) on my list the first use year is 2018. A buyer will be able to deposit those points into the points credit pool in jan 2016 and use them immediately. So pay 6 months of mf (plus $39) and enjoy your first vacation

Two of the contracts on my list are among the cheapest mf in the Wyndham system. One you almost never see for sale, and the other, when you see one sells for about 2 cents a point, > a buyer of one of these two contracts should look at the 2.5 years of maintenance fees and the closing and transfer fees, as his acquisition cost. If that number is reasonable given todays market then make the deal. or if you thing that number is less than it will be 2 years form now, make the deal. or if you think you might never see another South Shore contract at any price, make the deal>

I have no expectations here, I fully expect to own most if not all of these for 3 more years. Ill pay the mf and not credit pool the points and then sell or give them away. But If you are convinced that the the price will be much higher in two years than now (as I am) Then maybe you should consider making your move today

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are these really bargain deals?

Maybe a good buy for a few but they are not cheap. I guess every month they get cheaper but years to go before I would be interested.

jaygould

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
To be clear, this is not an attractive offer for most folks. But if you have been hoping to find a small contract to use for estate planning purposes or to just add your kids name to your account to avoid guest fees, then perhaps one of these would work for you

Currently, all my Wyndham timeshare deeds are just in the name of me and my wife. When we die, it is my understanding that if our children want to inherit the deeds, they have to pay title transfer fees on all of them. If we buy one of Ron's contracts and put all the children's names on it as well as our own, would this enable them to inherit our entire account without having to go through the title transfer process on the other deeds?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score

Currently, all my Wyndham timeshare deeds are just in the name of me and my wife. When we die, it is my understanding that if our children want to inherit the deeds, they have to pay title transfer fees on all of them. If we buy one of Ron's contracts and put all the children's names on it as well as our own, would this enable them to inherit our entire account without having to go through the title transfer process on the other deeds?

No but if they don't tell Wyndham they will be able to continue using it. The issue will come when they die

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are these really bargain deals?

Maybe a good buy for a few but they are not cheap. I guess every month they get cheaper but years to go before I would be interested.

It's the few I'm appealing to. I will be back in a few years with the ones that don't sell. I'll look for you then

The price will be closer to a 2 cents a point however

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not a problem. I just do not think it is a bargain deal offer. Should be in the marketplace.

I am not interested in these at all as they are too small.

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

Two of the contracts on my list are among the cheapest mf in the Wyndham system. One you almost never see for sale, and the other, when you see one sells for about 2 cents a point, > a buyer of one of these two contracts should look at the 2.5 years of maintenance fees and the closing and transfer fees, as his acquisition cost. If that number is reasonable given todays market then make the deal. or if you thing that number is less than it will be 2 years form now, make the deal. or if you think you might never see another South Shore contract at any price, make the deal>
FWIW, I would have been a very interested party in the South Shore if I had known about this a few days ago... c'est la vie!

piyooshj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ace2000 View Post
Here's a query of Wyndham contracts sold on eBay recently for less than $100. Many didn't sell at all, even for a dollar.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...udlo&_udhi=100

Wow, I think moderator should move this out of "bargain deals" to some other forum "ripoff deals"

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don't get the vehemence. If it's not a deal that works for you or you're not interested, why not ignore the thread and move on.

piyooshj

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't get the vehemence. If it's not a deal that works for you or you're not interested, why not ignore the thread and move on.

Because it is not a deal while posted under a deals forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk