• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anybody heard of eBay Seller BenjaminTimeshares?

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Limited feedback (especially associated with selling timeshares) but has a couple of high-value contracts up. If anyone has dealt with him please let me know how it went.

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
I've never dealt with this eBay seller but I can tell you that I don't trust TS sellers on eBay who use the "private auction" listings. The only reason to use a private auction is to hide something. Is he shill bidding on his auctions? No way at all to tell what's going on.

He also does not state what forms of payment he accepts. If he doesn't take credit cards you could end up with no recourse if things go bad.

His feedback as a seller doesn't identify what he's sold so we don't know what the heck he's been selling.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-000-000-W...=Timeshares&hash=item4178a84636#ht_1351wt_917

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looks like someone is going to have to test this guy.

There have been very few large contracts offered on ebay recently.. and Im hungry. so Ill take on some risk to make a deal

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Looks like someone is going to have to test this guy.

There have been very few large contracts offered on ebay recently.. and Im hungry. so Ill take on some risk to make a deal

How did I know that when you saw 2,000,000 you'd be here? It looks like this is right up your alley and you can report back and tell us all what kind of seller he is.

Good Luck.

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
There was another seller recently who had two similar large contracts - an "HDaniels1974" - and those two listings were removed. I think one was a CWA contract for 1,022,000 points and the other was a 328K La Cascada with the wrong MF noted. FWIW, HDaniels1974 is no longer a registered ebay ID.

benyu2010

TUG Member
Reaction score
"Based in United States, benjamintimeshares has been an eBay member since Mar 29, 2013"...41 feedback w/ 100% +...6~7 sales/month for a newbie and some of them are big ones:ponder:

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
"Based in United States, benjamintimeshares has been an eBay member since Mar 29, 2013"...41 feedback w/ 100% +...6~7 sales/month for a newbie and some of them are big ones:ponder:

Please educate me. I can see when the membership started and the 100% rating for the 41 feedback but I can't see the dollar amount of any of his sales. I would like to know how to do this, thanks.

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
Please educate me. I can see when the membership started and the 100% rating for the 41 feedback but I can't see the dollar amount of any of his sales. I would like to know how to do this, thanks.

You can't - They are private, they must be looking at his current inventory for sale a 1Mil and 2 Mil contract

If you look at the completed Auctions in the last 30 days

54 Sold
12 for under 50 Cents Most with a $250 - $500 Gift Card Included
34 For less than $ 1.00 and more than 50 cents with Gift Cards
8 for more than 1.00 with the highest being a week for $76 with 2014 MF Prepaid
Clearly a liquidator for a PCC

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You can't - They are private, they must be looking at his current inventory for sale a 1Mil and 2 Mil contract

If you look at the completed Auctions in the last 30 days

54 Sold
12 for under 50 Cents Most with a $250 - $500 Gift Card Included
34 For less than $ 1.00 and more than 50 cents with Gift Cards
8 for more than 1.00 with the highest being a week for $76 with 2014 MF Prepaid
Clearly a liquidator for a PCC

Thanks, I forgot all about doing an advanced search for completed auctions. Time for another wake up cup.

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score

benyu2010

TUG Member
Reaction score

Can't educate you more than posted above by others...I'm equally curious of the final outcome for these two large contracts:ponder::ponder::ponder:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are these 1M, 2M cookie cutter contracts common?

How much is the MF at Oceanside Pier?

Thanks

A 2M CWA contract at retail would go for over $440K at rack rates... because it is such a large package, would probably be "discounted" to $300-375K by Wyndham... so I would doubt there are many packages of this size floating around resale. Oceanside Pier has a below average MF... similar to Wyndham Smoky Mountains and Grand Desert.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are these 1M, 2M cookie cutter contracts common?

How much is the MF at Oceanside Pier?

Thanks

I dont know what you mean...cookie cutter.

Mf for Oceanside as stated in the $400/month...
so $4800/year /1,000 is $4.80/1000 points

There havent been many big contracts on ebay recently So the prices here may represent some pent up demand

doritoguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tim,

Looks like the listing is a little bit off. I found out that the points on the estoppel are just the RCI conversion points. The unit itself is a fixed week 18 unit. I'm sorry for the confusion and mistakes on my part. I'm going to take the listing down and relist it with the correct information.

-Chris

This was one of the responses as I was inquiring about a listing he had on eBay today. While someone probably shouldn't have made the mistake they did, he owned it. He was quick to respond to my questions and there were several. Chris also offered up and quickly sent an estoppel. I'm assuming he called the resort to get answers they wouldn't give me or he re-read the estoppel and seen the mistake that caused the confusion on the listing. In any event, after that I will not hesitate to use them if they have a listing beneficial for me. Seems like he may be a bit inexperienced but he is honest. He could have easily left the listing up and justified the confusing part on it.

Tim

Jason245

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, I just won a bid on something. From what I see so far, everything seems on the up and up. That being said, I won the auction for a penny and closing costs are included so I have very little to lose.

ScottyB0532

Reaction score
Well, I just won a bid on something. From what I see so far, everything seems on the up and up. That being said, I won the auction for a penny and closing costs are included so I have very little to lose.

How did this work out for you? I'm looking at one he has posted for sale right now.

bocamike

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am bothered by the fact that in his own words

"FAQs

Are you a broker? No I am not. I do not represent myself as a broker in any capacity. I simply advertise using eBay.

Another person trying to practice real estate without being licensed. Using the I'm just advertising excuse when it sounds like he's controlling the transaction.

Also looking as his feed back, the last few are from timeshares sold in Aug / Sept this year. Positives posted way before the "buyer" will know the out come.

Mike

Last edited:

Jason245

TUG Member
Reaction score
How did this work out for you? I'm looking at one he has posted for sale right now.

They have been responsive (although to be honest, I had to suggest some revisions to the sales document he had me sign).

It has not closed yet, although they have told me that it has been sent to the state for recording (No idea how long that takes). An estopple was provided to me and I haven't had to sign any other documents.

I follow up every couple of weeks and am playing the wait and see game. Since I am not paying for anything, I have very little to lose and can be patient. I have the impression (may be incorrect) that they are an outfit that probably charged the seller an upfront fee to unload their timeshare and are just trying to unload on EBAY.

Jah17

Reaction score
I just won a listing with them and will update as soon as I can.

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score