• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Purchased at Stormy Point in Branson

advocoach

TUG Member
Reaction score
We purchased a 'lot' in Branson through Summer Winds Resort. We paid $10900 & triennial maintenance fee starting 2015. Also in partner with II for unlimited family weeks through their network. They paid our first year membership fee of $89 and we start next year. We understand the 'based on availability'' clause but still thought it a good deal for our family and last minute get aways from $299-$999 for condos.
We just saw the BBB rating and now we are concerned. We are looking on here to see if anyone has had good experiences with the group since we've read the bad. We have 3 days left to cancel agreement so any info would be awesome!!

Thanks so much!!

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
Interesting that you've chosen to join TUG as a member. Welcome!

What do you mean by a "lot"? You probably want to look into giving it back pretty quickly within the next two days then.

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
Stayed there last May on II exchange. Units are great, 2 and 3 BRs town home style.

However, triennial would indicate around $32K+ for annual, no way.

Most Developers include free II for one year.

Your using term "lot" indicates you need to do lots of home work.

RESCIND!

advocoach

TUG Member
Reaction score
Contact says Unit 62, week 23 season red. With this group they said all year is red and you can exchange your week for any time of the year first come, first serve. You can also trade to one of their 51 resorts at no additional fees for your week. You can also get the additional weeks through II for the exchange rate of $119 or $139 based on internet or phone reservations. Also says we can get discount cruises, car rentals, airline tickets, show tickets, etc. Most major carriers are listed for airlines and crises.

advocoach

TUG Member
Reaction score
Stayed there last May on II exchange. Units are great, 2 and 3 BRs town home style.

However, triennial would indicate around $32K+ for annual, no way.

Most Developers include free II for one year.

Your using term "lot" indicates you need to do lots of home work.

RESCIND!

The way our salesman explained we could pay the maintenance fee each year even though listed as triennial if we want to travel each year. We asked multiple times over two days on this subject. He kept saying it breaks down to $75/night for 2 bedroom condo whenever we go in our off year. ??

BJRSanDiego

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
Contact says Unit 62, week 23 season red. With this group they said all year is red and you can exchange your week for any time of the year first come, first serve. You can also trade to one of their 51 resorts at no additional fees for your week. You can also get the additional weeks through II for the exchange rate of $119 or $139 based on internet or phone reservations. Also says we can get discount cruises, car rentals, airline tickets, show tickets, etc. Most major carriers are listed for airlines and crises.

I'm not trying to be negative, but they've sold you on a bunch of half-truths.

Exchange your week for ANY time ? Maybe - - if you are diligent, timely and lucky. If you can live with a week 23 at your home resort then perhaps its okay

Get additional weeks at exchange rate of 119 or 139? Incorrect. :wall: Well, getting additional weeks is through the interval getaway program and not through the exchange program. There is a cost, but it isn't at the exchange rate and the exchange rates you were told are old, low and incorrect. Your sales person was mixing apples and oranges. There is no difference in cost between internet and phone with a Getaway. The costs vary by location and time of year and when you book. Some getaway costs that I have spent recently:
$400-475 - 1 BR November Palm Desert
$550-600 - 2 BR December Phoenix
$350 - Vegas

If you're looking for a Hawaii getaway, figure that they start around $1K for the week and are typically at a "second tier" resort (perhaps nice but not "name brand". Also, keep in mind that Getaways - - while often a good deal - - are essentially "excess inventory" that is priced to help ensure that the units do not sit empty. Don't count on going to a high demand place during a high demand period.

If you're using the ii EXCHANGE program and exchanging to a timeshare outside of your network, the exchange rate is higher - - something like $174 internet and 189 phone (I might be off a couple of bucks either way).

Discounts for Cruises and car rental? I don't find them much different from what I can find on-line myself. The companion air certificate program? I think it is US only and people report that it saves you from 0 to $50 depending on where you are going, etc. The discounts typically aren't worth much.

If you can still rescind, I would heartily recommend that you do so.

A few years ago I bought a good annual trader in a "name brand" resort for under $1K ("all in" including closing, etc.). It trades well enough that I can easily trade into Branson. There are much cheaper alternatives. Recind, and then come back and learn on this forum.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
I looked on the website for that group, and the majority of their member resorts (I counted 40 or 41 rather than 51) are what I would call "second tier". Perhaps nice enough to enjoy, but not top cabin.

Their MF seems a bit low. That's not bad. In fact it is good. But TS companies have been known to subsidize the MF for a while and keep it artificially low until they've sold all or at least the majority of their inventory.

Here is a link to a bunch of unhappy buyers: http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/stormy-point-village-branson-missouri-c311134.html

Last edited:

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
The mantra here is if a salesperson lips are moving he is lying. The only thing that is legally enforceable is what is in written contract which most say sales person lies /misrepresentations, etc. will not be honored in legalese.

Commissioned Developer sales people are dangerous to your financial health.

Most non-annual contracts spread MF equally over period to make look nominal.

Also, when you go back expect hard sell to upgrade to annual.

As far as using TS for other than lodging, just sales BS! You can do better on you own with a little shopping around.

Keep in mind if you rescind , look around and decide they are best deal going they will probably be happy to talk. First day BS is like rack rate and sticker in the window car prices.

Off hand I would expect you could buy an II resort every year for less than $1,000 and trade in there one year and go else where for other two. Of course MF would be higher but you would still have around $10K in your pocket

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
!

The way our salesman explained we could pay the maintenance fee each year even though listed as triennial if we want to travel each year. We asked multiple times over two days on this subject. He kept saying it breaks down to $75/night for 2 bedroom condo whenever we go in our off year. ??

Break it down this way then... that contract that you paid thousands for are currently selling on eBay for less than $100. Here's a 4BR annual that sold for $600. That should tell you all you need to know. Rescind today!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STORMY-POIN...31192107456?pt=Timeshares&hash=item1e8ba8b1c0

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
You need to rescind and buy resale. We bought a Marriott Willow Ridge Branson 2 bedroom unit for less than $1,200, and it's annual, platinum season. We actually bought two of those. Do NOT keep that week you bought, because developer purchases are too high, and resales are ridiculously low.

We don't get many opportunities to stop people from wasting money on a timeshare week because most don't come here for advice. Please, do yourself a favor and check resales at the very resort you saw and loved. I guarantee you will not be sorry to save a lot of money. You only have a little bit of time to rescind. Don't be one of those people who regret they waited too long.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Hoping for an update from the OP. I hope he/ she rescinded; otherwise, we all wasted our efforts.

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ball park I think we save about 9 out of 10 victims.

I was hoping " advocoach" and "gemmyG" would see the light and with 8 others in rescission thread make it 10/10!:crash:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know someone who wants to give away his weeks at Stonebridge Village in Branson, and they include a golf membership. You would have to pay the yearly maintenance fee once you took them over.

Last edited:

advocoach

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are writing up letter tonight and mailing it out tomorrow morning certified mail.

Thanks for all of your help. We are definitely going to be researching and hope to find a good deal somewhere. I think our family could benefit greatly from a good timeshare program.

Sandy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hang around, learn a lot, and you will find your deal! Good luck, and follow the instructions exactly. Also, do not take any calls from your salesperson because their only mission is to make you change your mind and save their commission.