• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Palm Desert - DSVII or Shadow Ridge for 2 Couples?

Bogeygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
We'll be 2 couples travelling together for a golf trip - planning for April 2015.

I've stayed at DSVII in 2008 and then at Shadow Ridge Enclaves in October 2011. For a return couples golf trip I'm leaning towards DSV only because Shadow Ridge seemed to have lots of kids. I had been thinking DSVI because I've heard the units there are bigger but the 2nd bedroom has only 2 doubles vs a king bed.

I've seen the posts here on TUG talking about the refurbished units at DSVI but can anyone tell me if the units at DSVII have been redone? I'd love to hear from anyone who has been there recently .... and photos if possible. When I stayed there in April 2008 we had a ground floor unit overlooking the golf course - it was beautiful. Another question - can't remember - no elevators right? So if you're on the second level you're schlepping bags and stuff up stairs?

Many thanks for any info.

Carol

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
We'll be 2 couples travelling together for a golf trip - planning for April 2015.

I've stayed at DSVII in 2008 and then at Shadow Ridge Enclaves in October 2011. For a return couples golf trip I'm leaning towards DSV only because Shadow Ridge seemed to have lots of kids. I had been thinking DSVI because I've heard the units there are bigger but the 2nd bedroom has only 2 doubles vs a king bed.

I've seen the posts here on TUG talking about the refurbished units at DSVI but can anyone tell me if the units at DSVII have been redone? I'd love to hear from anyone who has been there recently .... and photos if possible. When I stayed there in April 2008 we had a ground floor unit overlooking the golf course - it was beautiful. Another question - can't remember - no elevators right? So if you're on the second level you're schlepping bags and stuff up stairs?

Carol

I've actually never been there, however I have been told that DSV1 have the largest 2 Bedroom Villas in the MVCI system.

I'm sure someone can provide further information….

Have fun out there!

Bogeygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've actually never been there, however I have been told that DSV1 have the largest 2 Bedroom Villas in the MVCI system.

I'm sure someone can provide further information….

Have fun out there!

Thanks - I've heard that too but its the bed configuration in the 2nd bedroom thats the issue.

Can anyone confirm if its 2 doubles or is it 2 queens?

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
How about maybe call and ask? That way if not all have the configuration you want, you can request it- or at least know which units are acceptable.

Okies

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge, Sheraton Desert Oasis
There are recent pics on Trip Advisor of all the units. Also stayed at Shadow Ridge Villages for a few weeks this year....our one bedroom was across from the quiet pool, was just renovated, was on the 3rd floor, and was AWESOME! Very quiet.

Bogeygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are recent pics on Trip Advisor of all the units. Also stayed at Shadow Ridge Villages for a few weeks this year....our one bedroom was across from the quiet pool, was just renovated, was on the 3rd floor, and was AWESOME! Very quiet.

Thanks for that info - Is the Villages section basically all of the main area of Shadow Ridge? Or is it Shadow Ridge, SR - Villages, SR - Enclaves?

bastroum

TUG Member
Reaction score
DSV-I has the larger units. However, the lock-offs are very small. DSV-II is smaller but not my much with a better lock-off for the second couple. Both I and II have been refurbished and are in great condition, Shadow Ridge also has a better lock-off than DSV-I. If you want to stay in an upper level Shadow Ridge has elevators, DSV's does not. Also, Shadow Ridge has an easier access to the golf course. I would stay in DSV-II.

Bogeygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
DSV-I has the larger units. However, the lock-offs are very small. DSV-II is smaller but not my much with a better lock-off for the second couple. Both I and II have been refurbished and are in great condition, Shadow Ridge also has a better lock-off than DSV-I. If you want to stay in an upper level Shadow Ridge has elevators, DSV's does not. Also, Shadow Ridge has an easier access to the golf course. I would stay in DSV-II.

Thanks - I just spoke to someone at DSV who confirmed 2 DOUBLES in the 2nd bedroom. At this point I'm leaning towards DSV II and then when time comes requesting ground level golf course view.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx

Carol

The DSV2 units have been undergoing a complete refurb. In addition to a lot of other things, they even removed the Jacuzzis in the room. From memory, I thought that they were going to be done this year.

DSV1 units are bigger but do have the 2 double beds as an issue. Also most/many of the DSV1 lockoffs have their balcony/lanai facing the parking lot. But the main unit lanai's are huge so that would work out well for 2 couples.

Yes, my perception is that SR has more kids. If you requested/got a unit by the quiet pool at SR, perhaps that wouldn't be an issue. Also, April (in general) isn't a real "high kid" month. Next year Easter (and Easter break) will occur around April 5 IIRC.

No elevators at DSV 1 or 2 ? Correct ! No elevators.

s1b000

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am at DSV II now, no elevators and the rooms seem to have been updated recently. I think the web photos are current (aqua and orange).

Bogeygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am at DSV II now, no elevators and the rooms seem to have been updated recently. I think the web photos are current (aqua and orange).

What building are you in? Do you like your location?

LOL - you know you're desperate for this awful winter to end when you start to plan next years vacation! :cheer:

s1b000

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I actually planned ahead due to the tennis tournament. I asked for quiet away from the pool and wound up in bldg 673. Since you are looking to golf Shafow Ridge was great and also Palm Royale which was an 18 hole par 3. :)

cp73

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DSV 1
I have stayed at both DSV I and DSV II many times. Both are very nice. One thing I do prefer over DSV I over DSV II is that DSV I is very spread out. DSV II seems more crammed in. They put more units in less land. And the parking is more condensed together. In DSV I they just used more space to build the resort and separated everything further apart. And at DSV I all units face the golf course directly. In DSV II there are many units which bend around corners and don't face directly out to a golf course if at all. Both units have been refurbished in the last two years. You won't go wrong with either one.