• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Value of Atlantic City timeshare?

Cmeag

Reaction score
I just bought a floating biennual "red" week at Flagship resort in Atlantic City (retail). We got a studio unit with Platinum Interval International exhange. We don't really care for AC, but were led to believe this resort is high demand and could be used to trade for other destinations such as ski resorts or Scandinavia. We were also "sold" on the idea of the II "getaways" which sound like they can be used all over the country/internationally for an average cost of $350/week. We are locked into school vacation times for travel. After having 24 hours to digest all this info, it seems too good to be true. This TUG forum has been enlightening. Can any experienced timesharers give me an idea of whether Atlantic City studio (floating red week) would be considered a high value t/s? I'm thinking we made a dumb mistake with this purchase. Thankfully we have 7 days to rescind. However if it's as good as it sounds, then I'd love to keep it. Any advice is much appreciated.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking we made a dumb mistake with this purchase. Thankfully we have 7 days to rescind. However if it's as good as it sounds, then I'd love to keep it. Any advice is much appreciated.

Rescind! If you have any doubts about a purchase for thousands of dollars, then you should not have bought. Make sure you follow the rescission instructions to the letter including the method of sending your rescission letter.

Do not panic if your credit card is not credited immediately and then phone the resort. These refunds take time. And try to avoid engaging in any further phone conversations with the resort whether they call you or you call them. The sales people will try to persuade you to reverse your rescission decision.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just bought a floating biennual "red" week at Flagship resort in Atlantic City (retail). We got a studio unit with Platinum Interval International exhange. We don't really care for AC, but were led to believe this resort is high demand and could be used to trade for other destinations such as ski resorts or Scandinavia. We were also "sold" on the idea of the II "getaways" which sound like they can be used all over the country/internationally for an average cost of $350/week. We are locked into school vacation times for travel. After having 24 hours to digest all this info, it seems too good to be true. This TUG forum has been enlightening. Can any experienced timesharers give me an idea of whether Atlantic City studio (floating red week) would be considered a high value t/s? I'm thinking we made a dumb mistake with this purchase. Thankfully we have 7 days to rescind. However if it's as good as it sounds, then I'd love to keep it. Any advice is much appreciated.

I dont know the resort. but my advice would be to rescind and then do your homework. You can always buy later if you think it makes sense (I dont think it will)

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
It is definitely not a high value timeshare - you should rescind.

Cmeag

Reaction score
Thanks to all for your replies. I will rescind and do my due diligence before diving back into the timeshare world. This forum has been so enlightening!

Cmeag

Reaction score
I sent my recission letter yesterday via USPS certified mail with return receipt. The USPS website indicates its scheduled to be delivered tomorrow (day 4 of the 7 day rescind period). Would you advise that I also fax, email or phone the place? Or is the letter enough and I should limit contact to avoid more high pressure sales tactics. By the way I don't plan on giving into any sales tactics again. I have learned through TUG that I can buy this unit for $1 instead of $9K, and regardless of price it was a bad choice for my particular circumstances! Thanks for the education.

Text of my letter:
"We are exercising our legal right to cancel contract xxx for purchase of a timeshare at FantaSea Flagship resort, executed on 11/2/13. We expect a full refund of our deposit of $xxx plus a refund of our $xx membership fee to Interval International. Do not make any additional charges to my credit card. Please cancel all business associated with this contract, including membership to Interval International and mortgage note. Attached for your reference is the Purchase and Sale Agreement associated with contract xxxx that we are cancelling.
Please confirm my legal rescission in writing.
"

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
...Please confirm my legal rescission in writing.[/I]"

Again, that's very important. They might try to rope you in with a phone call under the guise of trying to confirm your rescission request. That phone call will be nothing more than an attempt to get you to change your mind.

As has been emphasized on these boards many times, don't take any phone calls from any number in that area. And don't make any phone calls there to inquire about your rescission request. The letter you sent should suffice.

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
The state rescission laws do not hold you responsible for the performance of the USPS or the mailroom of the timeshare company. You rescission rights are established by being able to prove you mailed it.

You do not need to do anything else but wait for your refund or credit on your credit card