• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WorldMark - Top resorts on Monday Madness special

cotraveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
You sometimes hear that the WorldMark cash specials are for the underutilized or less desirable WorldMark resorts. Here's this week's Monday Madness list:

• WorldMark Depoe Bay, OR
  • WorldMark Gleneden, OR
  • WorldMark Schooner Landing, OR
  • WorldMark Seaside, OR
  • WorldMark Eagle Crest, OR
  • WorldMark Running Y, OR
  • WorldMark Birch Bay, WA
  • WorldMark Arrow Point, ID
  • WorldMark Whistler - Cascade Lodge, BC
  • WorldMark Whistler - Sundance, BC
  • WorldMark Vancouver - The Canadian, BC
  • WorldMark Victoria, BC

Does this debunk that WorldMark myth? The list includes some of the most sought after resorts in WorldMark. Through Sunday you can book any of those resorts for up to 7 nights at a rate of 7 cents a credit. Check in dates can be up to 11 months in the future.

LLW

TUG Member
Reaction score
You sometimes hear that the WorldMark cash specials are for the underutilized or less desirable WorldMark resorts. Here's this week's Monday Madness list:

• WorldMark Gleneden, OR
  • WorldMark Seaside, OR
  • WorldMark Eagle Crest, OR
  • WorldMark Running Y, OR
  • WorldMark Arrow Point, ID
  • WorldMark Whistler - Cascade Lodge, BC
  • WorldMark Whistler - Sundance, BC
  • WorldMark Vancouver - The Canadian, BC
  • WorldMark Victoria, BC

Does this debunk that WorldMark myth? The list includes some of the most sought after resorts in WorldMark. Through Sunday you can book any of those resorts for up to 7 nights at a rate of 7 cents a credit. Check in dates can be up to 11 months in the future.

Results:
1. More cash income for Wyndham.
2. Harder for WM owners to use credits within 11 months, especially since guest usage is permitted from 11 months, under this. The popular oceanfront and ski resorts are going to be harder to book.
3. Less opportunity for owners to book at 5.4 cents per credit (at 60 days for Inventory Special, 14/30 days for Bonus Time), when nights have been booked at 7 cents per credit at 11 months.
4. Harder for Wyndham to sell to existing owners, as they can rent instead of buy.
5. They have just taken away one TravelShare perk - used to be able to book MM at 6 cents. No more.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Six of one; half a dozen of another

Results:
2. Harder for WM owners to use credits within 11 months, especially since guest usage is permitted from 11 months, under this. The popular oceanfront and ski resorts are going to be harder to book.
3. Less opportunity for owners to book at 5.4 cents per credit (at 60 days for Inventory Special, 14/30 days for Bonus Time), when nights have been booked at 7 cents per credit at 11 months.
4. Harder for Wyndham to sell to existing owners, as they can rent instead of buy.
5. They have just taken away one TravelShare perk - used to be able to book MM at 6 cents. No more.

WM credits can easily be rented for 6 cents/credit. The only real advantage to Monday Madness is there is no housekeeping charge.

Result:
1. Cash income for owners who can't use their credits.
2. Harder for WM owners to use credits within 13 months, especially since guest usage is permitted from 13 months, under this. The popular oceanfront and ski resorts are going to be harder to book.
3. Less opportunity for owners to book at 5.4 cents per credit (at 60 days for Inventory Special, 14/30 days for Bonus Time), when nights have been booked at 6 cents per credit at 13 months.
5. They have just taken away one TravelShare perk - used to be able to book MM at 6 cents. No more. Now TravelShare owners will have to rent from other owners at 6 cents and pay housekeeping.

I recently rented 10,000 credits at 5.5 cents/credit plus $50 for a housekeeping token. This is $100 less for the week versus a Monday Madness special, and I am not limited to only the resorts on special.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Results:

I dont understand the point you are trying to make

Are you saying that cash options for Worldmark owners are bad things, and extending this cash option to the popular resorts is a bad thing

When you finally decide that you hate the way worldmark is being managed enough to sell...let me know, Im buying

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

They keep telling people how worthless the memberships will be if you don't have travelshare. Then, they remove one of the very few useful benefits.

I love the Monday madness, though.

CraigWMF

Reaction score
Results:

I was one of the first people to sign up for TravelShare (TravelShaft) and had it for many years. In the end I found it 100 percent worthless for my travel needs and got rid of it. It was just extra dues for nothing at all that I needed.

The two best days for me with TravelShare was the day I signed up and the day I cancelled. No kidding! :D

cotraveller

TUG Member
Reaction score

Are you saying that cash options for Worldmark owners are bad things, and extending this cash option to the popular resorts is a bad thing

When you finally decide that you hate the way worldmark is being managed enough to sell...let me know, Im buying

Some people just always want to turn a gold mine into mud. Kinda like Bonus Time. People will complain that it is bad when WorldMark resorts are filled by people booking them with Bonus Time. It is better if resorts are booked with credits. Then they turn right around and complain that they can never find Bonus Time like in the "old days".

Or maybe it's because it's a special offered by Wyndham, not WorldMark. Then the "if they're for it I'm against it" attitude gets involved.

I like cash specials. Bonus Time, Inventory Specials, Monday Madness, FAX time especially for White and Blue seasons when the once every 5 years restriction does not apply, and any other specials that come along. They are great for those of us who don't have large WorldMark accounts. I have two Monday Madness specials booked at the moment. I guess I am depriving some owners of their capability to book using their credits. :)

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I like cash specials. Bonus Time, Inventory Specials, Monday Madness, FAX time especially for White and Blue seasons when the once every 5 years restriction does not apply, and any other specials that come along. They are great for those of us who don't have large WorldMark accounts. I have two Monday Madness specials booked at the moment. I guess I am depriving some owners of their capability to book using their credits. :)

That's my goal with going back in. Hoping to use Inventory specials, bonus time, Monday Madness, etc for super cheap extra large rooms in lieu of hotel rooms. Maybe I'll even rent all my credits to offset my cash stays. We rarely, rarely, rarely travel for a full week. Booking on credits doesn't work for us.

LLW

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's my goal with going back in. Hoping to use Inventory specials, bonus time, Monday Madness, etc for super cheap extra large rooms in lieu of hotel rooms. Maybe I'll even rent all my credits to offset my cash stays. We rarely, rarely, rarely travel for a full week. Booking on credits doesn't work for us.

Me either. We have never travelled a full week in Worldmark, except on Flex in the last 59 days in II. "Only space available" is a friend for users like us. Just check your favorite "4-month planner" when you feel like it. Anybody will find wonders for any use they might have. :)

LLW

TUG Member
Reaction score

I wasn't trying to make a point for users like you. It was just a documentation for new users. I guess you like to make points. :D

LLW

TUG Member
Reaction score
Some people just always want to turn a gold mine into mud. Kinda like Bonus Time. People will complain that it is bad when WorldMark resorts are filled by people booking them with Bonus Time. It is better if resorts are booked with credits. Then they turn right around and complain that they can never find Bonus Time like in the "old days".

Or maybe it's because it's a special offered by Wyndham, not WorldMark. Then the "if they're for it I'm against it" attitude gets involved.

I like specials also. In fact, I used to call the Vacation Planning Center for Inventory Specials, then post them on Wmowners.com, after they were made public, but not published yet.

I guess I was just helping you say: "no, MM isn't for underutilized resorts only, that's not its purpose." ;)

cotraveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
I like specials also. In fact, I used to call the Vacation Planning Center for Inventory Specials, then post them on Wmowners.com, after they were made public, but not published yet.

I guess I was just helping you say: "no, MM isn't for underutilized resorts only, that's not its purpose." ;)

Got it. Monday Madness results in 1. More cash income for Wyndham, and makes it 4. Harder for Wyndham to sell to existing owners, as they can rent instead of buy which results in less cash income for Wyndham. The two cash flow results offset each other so the net cash flow for Wyndham is zero. That makes Monday Madness a good deal for WorldMark owners since they benefit and Wyndham does not. A most worthy purpose. Everyone should be happy!

LLW

TUG Member
Reaction score
Got it. Monday Madness results in 1. More cash income for Wyndham, and makes it 4. Harder for Wyndham to sell to existing owners, as they can rent instead of buy which results in less cash income for Wyndham. The two cash flow results offset each other so the net cash flow for Wyndham is zero. That makes Monday Madness a good deal for WorldMark owners since they benefit and Wyndham does not. A most worthy purpose. Everyone should be happy!

Ahhh, but Wyndham is not. In the history of Monday Madness, there was usually 1-3 resorts on sale in any one week, that you can book for the next 11 months.
https://www.worldmarktheclub.com/mondaymadness/

Even when adjusted for seasonality, every year at this time of the year, booking for next year's summer vacation 11 months out, there was 1-3 resorts on MM, including many not so popular ones, all over the country. This year, it's 12 popular resorts, in the most heavily WM-owner populated Pacific Northwest, the drive-to area for most WM owners. So they are going for a cash killing, which will take out a lot of availability.

NW owners who have not booked their 2014 spring/summer vacation are going to be surprised at the tight inventory when they go to do it.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ahhh, but Wyndham is not. In the history of Monday Madness, there was usually 1-3 resorts on sale in any one week, that you can book for the next 11 months.

Even when adjusted for seasonality, every year at this time of the year, booking for next year's summer vacation 11 months out, there was 1-3 resorts on MM, including many not so popular ones, all over the country. This year, it's 12 popular resorts, in the most heavily WM-owner populated Pacific Northwest, the drive-to area for most WM owners. So they are going for a cash killing, which will take out a lot of availability.

NW owners who have not booked their 2014 spring/summer vacation are going to be surprised at the tight inventory when they go to do it.

They arent taking out availability, they are giving us an additional option, (ie cash instead of credits) This is a good thing (Man Im tired of hearing about how good Worldmark used to be. Why not try to appreciate the way it is, which is actually pretty good)

With Worldmark you can make your reservations 13 months in advance so we are already 3 months into next summers booking window, If you havent made your next summer reservations shame on you. If there are still openings at the most popular resorts, clearly we have to rethink what is popular....Wyndham is simply trying to get these resorts filled up (and recover some of the money they spend to carry their unsold credits inventory)

Last edited:

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
It seems some people only know how to complain. First, these people complain about how they can't get Bonus Time (14 days in advance) at the NW resorts as they have in the past to book reservations with cash instead of credits. Now that they can make reservations at these resorts 11 months in advance using cash instead of their credits -- they complain.

The "Wyndham is the devil" posts permeate so much of that other website that it is unpleasant and unreadable. I wish the complainers would confine their posting to the WMoaners site -- the rest of us aren't buying it.

Even at the so-called high-credit, popular resorts such as Yellowstone, the summer availability booked months ago. Wyndham could put this resort on Monday Madness, and it would have no effect on summer availability, because that availability is already long gone.

cotraveller

TUG Member
Reaction score

Don't know about the every year at this time of year the PNW resorts are on Monday Madness. I'll check that out.

They arent taking out availability, they are giving us an additional option, (ie cash instead of credits) This is a good thing (Man Im tired of hearing about how good Worldmark used to be. Why not try to appreciate the way it is, which is actually pretty good)

What and stop the moaning? No fun in that.

It seems some people only know how to complain. First, these people complain about how they can't get Bonus Time (14 days in advance) at the NW resorts as they have in the past to book reservations with cash instead of credits. Now that they can make reservations at these resorts 11 months in advance using cash instead of their credits -- they complain.

The "Wyndham is the devil" posts permeate so much of that other website that it is unpleasant and unreadable. I wish the complainers would confine their posting to the WMoaners site -- the rest of us aren't buying it.

Even at the so-called high-credit, popular resorts such as Yellowstone, the summer availability booked months ago. Wyndham could put this resort on Monday Madness, and it would have no effect on summer availability, because that availability is already long gone.

WMoaners - man you are going to lose points with them on that one. :) It fits though and many of us have been using that term for years.

PassionForTravel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Don't see the problem with this one. This was introduced after everyone who wanted to book at 13 months with credits had their opportunity and before < 1 week people got their chance to split up weeks. I think the timing was perfect. I also think it's a great opportunity for people with small accounts to book a week if there are any still available. We used to use MM all the time when we only had a small account.

Ian

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score

Another Wyndham Fan-boy to add to ignore - TUG is taking so much less of my day . . . .

Last edited:

LLW

TUG Member
Reaction score

With Worldmark you can make your reservations 13 months in advance so we are already 3 months into next summers booking window, If you havent made your next summer reservations shame on you. If there are still openings at the most popular resorts, clearly we have to rethink what is popular....Wyndham is simply trying to get these resorts filled up (and recover some of the money they spend to carry their unsold credits inventory)

This isn't about me. I have already booked my next 13 months' reservations several times, even though I only have an account that is a fraction of yours, Ron. :D This is about people who
1. spent their hard-earned savings to buy credits thinking the merchant from whom they bought, Wyndham, would give them an advantage over people who didn't,
2. have a small account, don't have the cash to book MM, and have to wait till new credits come on their anniversary date to book (you rich people don't have that problem, do you? ;)), or
3. just don't have the knowledge or the wherewithal over life's other happenings to know when to book, or to book when they should. After all, owning the credits was supposed to give them an advantage.

11 months isn't much different from 13 months. If it's 3 or 5 months, it would have given credit-owning people more time to book without shelling out additional cash over what they have already spent buying. And why not 3 or 5 months or a shorter time frame? Isn't that when cash-spending people book their vacations? Only timeshare-owning people plan a year in advance.

Have some compassion for the common people :hi:. The purchase of WM was supposed to give them an advantage over those who didn't.

And who says I was complaining? I was just analyzing the effects of MM. Did you see me complaining that it was not the right thing to do? ;) Seems to me those who complain about the "Moaners," when there is none, are the true Moaners. ;)

LLW

TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't know about the every year at this time of year the PNW resorts are on Monday Madness. I'll check that out.

That was not what I said. I was just saying every year at this time, there was only 1-3 resorts on MM.

LLW

TUG Member
Reaction score

.... and long gone to other people who own credits, other than FAX, the cash option for 8 cents per credit, and with restriction of once every 5 years in red season. What MM is is FAX on sale - 7 cents, no restrictions.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
This isn't about me. I have already booked my next 13 months' reservations several times, even though I only have an account that is a fraction of yours, Ron. :D This is about people who
1. spent their hard-earned savings to buy credits thinking the merchant from whom they bought, Wyndham, would give them an advantage over people who didn't,
2. have a small account, don't have the cash to book MM, and have to wait till new credits come on their anniversary date to book (you rich people don't have that problem, do you? ;)), or
3. just don't have the knowledge or the wherewithal over life's other happenings to know when to book, or to book when they should. After all, owning the credits was supposed to give them an advantage.

11 months isn't much different from 13 months. If it's 3 or 5 months, it would have given credit-owning people more time to book without shelling out additional cash over what they have already spent buying. And why not 3 or 5 months or a shorter time frame? Isn't that when cash-spending people book their vacations? Only timeshare-owning people plan a year in advance.

Have some compassion for the common people :hi:. The purchase of WM was supposed to give them an advantage over those who didn't.

And who says I was complaining? I was just analyzing the effects of MM. Did you see me complaining that it was not the right thing to do? ;) Seems to me those who complain about the "Moaners," when there is none, are the true Moaners. ;)

Of course its not about you (singular) , (any more than its about me). My use of the word you was meant to be plural, and inclusive of all owners including you and me. You (singular) take this stuff and make this stuff way too personal.

Chill out.. I understand that your (singular) analysis brings you to the conclusion that Monday Madness is a bad thing for the small account holder...I think its good ....so what

And for the record Im not rich. If I was, I certainly wouldnt be trying to turn a buck with timeshares

benyu2010

TUG Member
Reaction score
Results:

Your points have some merits, however, its effect is more symbolical than factual.

1) If an owner chooses to book with cash than credits (which likely costs less from award or rental), then it is his choice;

2) Most prime weeks are gone at 13-month window, period. Credit costs slight less with expire and should go first anyway. This extra layer of booking window does not change much of the game;

3) The chance available date slips through 11-month windows to 14-day is slim to none. What we found in bonus time is either EXTREME GARAGE TIME or orphan days from (multiple) cancellations;

4) At $3+/credit, how easy to upsell to an existing owners?:wall: Also, I learned credit can be used for airfare and cruise line etc through my double-digit education courses. Plus, new owners are not that up to the game of advance-planning. Majority sold as the way they want at time they want it;

5)I post somewhere before, 6 cents is recession rate. No surprise it's gone. Its increase supports one-time and annual credit value. The only real valuable of TravelShare is internet and dual RCI account, plus somewhere available affiliates;

After all, having an extra booking window sandwiched between 13 and 9 months with cash option is mostly moot point for owners while some small accounts may feel more convenience than benefits. From Wyndham perspective, it is net positive for 1) Cash income 2) subtraction of fair inventory leave more credits for conversion (cruise and airline etc.) or simply gone wasted 3) Support value of basic ownership...

Bottom line is credits should be mostly used for 13-month booking, that's where value is and the way it designed to be used...Based on recent email blasts, this is sort of no harm no foul...

benyu2010

TUG Member
Reaction score
Of course its not about you (singular) , (any more than its about me). My use of the word you was meant to be plural, and inclusive of all owners including you and me. You (singular) take this stuff and make this stuff way too personal.

Chill out.. I understand that your (singular) analysis brings you to the conclusion that Monday Madness is a bad thing for the small account holder...I think its good ....so what

And for the record Im not rich. If I was, I certainly wouldnt be trying to turn a buck with timeshares

You are evidently better at 'talk' than 'turn'...Time to start a weekly talk show:D

cotraveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
That was not what I said. I was just saying every year at this time, there was only 1-3 resorts on MM.

It was that way initially in 2010, when Monday Madness started. In 2011 we started seeing more listings of 4 to 6 or more resorts on Monday Madness plus specials such as Holiday Madness in December, 2011 and 2012 which included almost all of the WorldMark resorts.

The September 10, 2012 Monday Madness featured the PNW resorts, much like this year. Here is the list from that date:

• WorldMark Discovery Bay, WA
  • WorldMark Mariner Village, WA
  • WorldMark Long Beach, WA
  • WorldMark Seaside, OR
  • WorldMark Gleneden Beach, OR

I expect to see the trend continue with more Monday Madness specials featuring a state or an area with 4 to 6 or more resorts in each listing. Monday Madness is a popular promotion.