• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2012 ] Selling my Timehsare to Rigler Realty via Timeshare Adventures.

TightNinja

Reaction score
I just wanted to make sure tis was legit and I am ot being scammed again. Here are the documents they wanted me to fill out.

This AGENCY LISTING AGREEMENT is between, MYSELF, and Rigler Realty Vacation Property Brokers, (BROKER). SELLER gives the BROKER the authority to sell the TIMESHARE PROPERTY described above, at the price and terms described below for the duration of 364 days from the date of the seller's signature on this agreement. The term of this agreement may be extended upon seller’s written request. This TIMESHARE PROPERTY will be offered to any person without regard to race, color, creed, sex, handicap, familial status, national origin, or any other factor protected by federal, state, or local law. SELLER certifies and represents that he/she/it is legally entitled to convey the TIMESHARE PROPERTY.

Broker agrees:
• To present all offers and counter-offers in a timely manner regardless of whether the TIMESHARE PROPERTY is subject to a contract for sale.
• To promote/advertise TIMESHARE PROPERTY as BROKER deems advisable in appropriate media.
• To list the property on Rigler Realty Vacation Property Brokers and related links.

Seller agrees:
• To notify BROKER in writing before leasing or otherwise encumbering the TIMESHARE PROPERTY and to provide details of any such encumbrances.
• To warrant accuracy of information set forth herein and on the data sheets, exhibits, addenda, attached hereto and to indemnify and save harmless BROKER and those relying thereon for damages resulting from errors contained therein.
• To obtain any information relating to the present mortgage or mortgages on the TIMESHARE PROPERTY including existing balance, payoff amount and any maintenance fees and taxes due the resort.
• SELLER is responsible for notifying the exchange company of the transfer; the closing company will notify the resort.
• The owner's obligation to pay the timeshare/resort assessments continues for as long as he or she owns the timeshare interest and that when a person inherits a timeshare interest, that person is responsible for paying those assessments.

Conveyance of Title:
• Where the TIMESHARE PROPERTY is held as a deeded interest, SELLER shall (a) furnish to BROKER a copy of seller’s title insurance policy for the TIMESHARE PROPERTY, if any, and (b) convey title to the PURCHASER at closing by Warranty Deed, free and clear of all encumbrances.

Right to Use:
• Where the TIMESHARE PROEPRTY is held under a right to use agreement, the SELLER shall furnish a communication from the developer showing that an unencumbered right to use the unit with the OWNER.

Compensation:
• The commission shall be the total purchase price of the TIMESHARE PROPERTY minus the NET LISTING PRICE.. SELLER will receive the NET LISTING PRICE as proceeds from the sale of the TIMESHARE PROPERTY.
• Owner acknowledges that due to expensive advertising and promotional programs incurred by the BROKER that the selling commission may be more than charged in other types of real estate transactions.
• If BUYER refuses to close for any reason the deposit(s) shall be retained, 50% therefore, but not exceeding, the compensation shown above, shall be paid to BROKER as full consideration for BROKER’S services, including costs expanded by BROKER, and the balance shall be paid to SELLER. If the transaction shall not be closed because of refusal or failure of SELLER to perform, SELLER shall pay the minimum compensation in full to BROKER upon demand.
• Closing costs will be borne by the BUYER, or as provided and agreed to in the Sales Contract between SELLER and BUYER.
• If BROKER produces a bona-fide BUYER at the agreed on Net Listing price on this Listing Contract, and SELLER refuses to close while under contract and in escrow with BUYER and SELLER shall pay BROKER its earned commission or a minimum of $1500.00 whichever is greater.
• BROKER’S policy is to cooperate with all other brokers, using separate co-broke agreement, except when not in the SELLER’S best interest.
• BROKER releases SELLER from this agreement if the SELLER is personally responsible for the sale of this TIMESHARE PROPERTY.

They are offering $150 for my timeshare that I am trying to get rid of. I just want to make sure that after I sign this agreement I won't owe them like $4000 or something. The compensation part is what worries me.

Does this look legit to you guys?

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
From looking at about the 6th bullet point under 'Compensation', it Looks to me like they want you to guarantee that they will get a minimum of $1500.

And they want YOU to provide title insurance? (look under Conveyance of Title) On a TS worth hundreds, if that.

Have you tried to give it away in the TUG Bargain Deals or anywhere else? For the cost of membership ($15), you can list it in TUG Classifieds in the Marketplace, or if you list it for a buck it will automatically go to the Bargain deals. Just follow the basic outline of the way other TSs are listed. Go back every few days and bump it up to keep it visible.

You mention that you don't want to be scammed again. I may be wrong, but this outfit looks like it's more concerned with it's own welfare than yours.

Jim

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
never mind

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
I just wanted to make sure tis was legit and I am ot being scammed again. Here are the documents they wanted me to fill out.

Broker agrees:
• To present all offers and counter-offers in a timely manner regardless of whether the TIMESHARE PROPERTY is subject to a contract for sale.
• To promote/advertise TIMESHARE PROPERTY as BROKER deems advisable in appropriate media.
• To list the property on Rigler Realty Vacation Property Brokers and related links.

• If BROKER produces a bona-fide BUYER at the agreed on Net Listing price on this Listing Contract, and SELLER refuses to close while under contract and in escrow with BUYER and SELLER shall pay BROKER its earned commission or a minimum of $1500.00 whichever is greater.

They are offering $150 for my timeshare that I am trying to get rid of. I just want to make sure that after I sign this agreement I won't owe them like $4000 or something. The compensation part is what worries me.

I don't think it's a scam; just a complete waste of money. They are telling you up front that they will list your timeshare on ebay, craigslist etc and on their obscure website for $150 and if they sell it, you owe them $1500. They could be the 'bona-fide BUYER' for $150 and net $1350 out of the deal. Not a scam because they are telling you upfront but definitely a ripoff.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
. . .
They are offering $150 for my timeshare that I am trying to get rid of.
They are offering you $150 for your timeshare and then expecting you to pay them a commission of $1500??? No, that doesn't sound like a good deal to me!

TightNinja

Reaction score
You guys are great. Thank you for helping confirm my suspicions. I will just have to give it away to charity or something. I do not even want it anymore.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
You guys are great. Thank you for helping confirm my suspicions. I will just have to give it away to charity or something. I do not even want it anymore.

Remember, a charity is likely going to charge you thousands of dollars to take it off your hands. You can get rid of it for a lot cheaper yourself.

First, simply ask the resort if it will accept your timeshare back, Maybe say the words "deedback in lieu of foreclosure". Some resorts will accept the deeds back, others won't. It does not hurt to ask.

If that does not work, try the free giveaway method here on TUG:

http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132509

You can also try reputable listing sites such as here on TUG, Red Week, My resort Network, Craigslist, etc., and list it for $1 (sale price).

Lyndse12

Banned
Reaction score
*Please note that this poster is affiliated with Timeshare Adventures - DeniseM

-------------------------

But sites like Craigslist, redweek, Ebay don't come up when a buyer is searching to buy or rent a timeshare....which is why those sites are unsuccessful. And the service fee for a donation is tax deductible, and there are so many tax incentives for donating. The donation program is really great. In fact donating a timeshare is actually how one recoups most money back depending upon the timeshare you have. You can try to sell it on your own without paying anyone but its likely not going to sell even for a $1.00 if buyer's cannot find it :)

And always do this first: First, simply ask the resort if it will accept your timeshare back, Maybe say the words "deedback in lieu of foreclosure". Some resorts will accept the deeds back, others won't. It does not hurt to ask.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Lyndse12 - You have made two posts today - in this one, you responded to a question from 2012, and in the other one, you posted in a 2010 thread that is completely unrelated to Timeshare Adventures, and it's been deleted.

If you are promoting Timeshare Adventures, you will find yourself banned.

Last edited:

jmurp62

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham points
More info

If you give us more info about your TS, someone here might be interested. Provide specific details like name, location, cost of fees, etc. Offer to pay or split the closing and transfer costs. This should be less than the $1350 this company is looking for. Good luck
Murf

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Please note - this is an OLD thread, pulled out of mothballs by a shill.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
But sites like Craigslist, redweek, Ebay don't come up when a buyer is searching to buy or rent a timeshare.......

Shill or not the comments provided are dead wrong!! Redweek, CL and eBay all come up along with other listing sites when I do a search for timeshares for sale.

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
Shill or not the comments provided are dead wrong!! Redweek, CL and eBay all come up along with other listing sites when I do a search for timeshares for sale.

Sounds like a salesperson to me. Sellmytimesharenow's biggest selling point in getting people to list with them is that they pay to be the first or second thing that comes up in a google search. Maybe her company does the same thing.

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
*Please note that this poster is affiliated with Timeshare Adventures - DeniseM

-------------------------

" And the service fee for a donation is tax deductible, and there are so many tax incentives for donating. The donation program is really great. In fact donating a timeshare is actually how one recoups most money back depending upon the timeshare you have. "

This is one of the most disgusting outrageous shill posts I have seen!:bawl::annoyed:

http://www.tug2.net/timeshare_advice/can_I_donate_my_timeshare_and_get_a_tax_deduction.html

Attachments

• Shill Alert.png
    Shill Alert.png
    90.8 KB · Views: 25
Last edited by a moderator:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
After arguing with me by PM, I sent her to Band Camp, so she won't be back.

She wanted me to delete the "incorrect info. about her company." Yeah, right! :rolleyes:

Last edited: