• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Just bought at presentation yesterday, then found TUG today

Reaction score
I'm guessing I should rescind ASAP. I bought a Vegas property 7000points with 27k bonus points for 39k. Platinum I bought in orlando so the contract says 10 days I believe.

How do I cancel, just send a letter?

Thanks for any help and where is a place I can buy 7k-14k points safely?

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
I'm guessing I should rescind ASAP. I bought a Vegas property 7000points with 27k bonus points for 39k. Platinum I bought in orlando so the contract says 10 days I believe.

How do I cancel, just send a letter?

Thanks for any help and where is a place I can buy 7k-14k points safely?

Read the contract you signed and there will be rescission instructions. Follow them to the letter and do it now! There will be plenty of time for you to read up on how to buy for less AFTER YOU RESCIND!

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes you should rescind. The instructions and address are in the packet you were given. Generally, though, a simple, "I/We wish to cancel contract #______-__-__, dated 3/__/2013.

Signed ___________ and ____________

Send it certified with return receipt. Some places only allow you 3 days, others as much as 10, so don't dilly-dally. HGVC is an honorable outfit, so you won't have any problems, unlike a few of the less honorable TS developers.

There are brokers who frequent TUG who have reasonable resale point packages and help shepherd them through ROFR. I'll let others outline those. First thing first. Rescind the developer purchase.

Glad you found us, and Welcome to TUG!

Reaction score
Yes you should rescind. The instructions and address are in the packet you were given. Generally, though, a simple, "I/We wish to cancel contract #______-__-__, dated 3/__/2013.

Signed ___________ and ____________

Send it certified with return receipt. Some places only allow you 3 days, others as much as 10, so don't dilly-dally. HGVC is an honorable outfit, so you won't have any problems, unlike a few of the less honorable TS developers.

There are brokers who frequent TUG who have reasonable resale point packages and help shepherd them through ROFR. I'll let others outline those. First thing first. Rescind the developer purchase.

Glad you found us, and Welcome to TUG!

Perfect, thanks! I will try and get the letter out tomorrow as we are still in Florida down at sanibel. I just reread the contract and it states 10 days to rescind and can send in rescission by any carrier. The wording helps. I figure I can buy what I paid 39k for for 1/4 of that. Thank you for this board, I will be joining tug!

Htoo0

TUG Member
Reaction score
Man! Now someone's not going to be able to buy that new sports car they've had their eye on! ;)

Johnny_d

Reaction score
Help!!

I don't know if I found tugs intime. I purchased time share direct through hilton and after reading post I got screwed! I bought in nov 2012 and have made 3-4 payments but have not used the timeshare. Can I get out of this?... Need advice

pipet

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai, Marriott Shadow Ridge

You are definitely passed the going back point.

However, MANY here at TUG paid developer prices as well, some for several weeks worth of ownership before they found TUG. The best thing that you can do now is learn everything you can about your timeshare & system so you can maximize your use from here on out.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Son Antem, Playa Andaluza, Harbour Lake
I don't know if I found tugs intime. I purchased time share direct through hilton and after reading post I got screwed! I bought in nov 2012 and have made 3-4 payments but have not used the timeshare. Can I get out of this?... Need advice

I know how galling it is when you buy from the developer and then discover the world of resale.

We bought our first Marriott direct and paid a lot of money however despite kicking myself when I found TUG I didn't beat myself up about it. The way I look at it is that we've paid $20,000 for fantastic holidays for the rest of our lives and that of our children's. Even when you factor in the maintenance fee's we are paying significantly less for a two bedroomed, fully equipped villa than we would if we were paying direct. I appreciate that there's a rental market out there but sometimes the dates that we need aren't available.

When searching for holiday options outside of our timeshare use and I look at a two bedroomed suite in a resort the prices for a week run into the thousands so knowing that we have paid to have the luxury of these resorts for the rest of our holidays is quite a comfort. The money that we paid has long been written off and is no more than the cost of a new car that would probably be replaced in five years with no second thought about the initial outlay. Personally, $20,000 for a lifetime of memories is well worth it although $5,000 would be better.

vegasVIP

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Vegas HHonors Diamond
I purchased my resale off of E-Bay. I spent months here reading and getting to know how Hilton worked. Then I watched/waited and checked seller profiles. I picked up a 7k Plat for 1/4 the developer price. I have enjoyed my Hilton purchase ever since. Especially leaving a presentation (Owners update for me) and hearing what others just paid... OUCH!&^$^&#@

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

Advice? Well, as others have said, Welcome to TUG! Now start reading/studying what to find out how to make the most of what you bought. Start with the Newbies forum. Move on to the Hilton/HGVC forum. Then if going to different places interests you, go through forums on exchanging and using RCI. There is lots of information there, and I can't imagine any question that hasn't been asked that the TUG Search function can't uncover, but if you can think of one, ask away.

Lots of TUGgers bought from developers- maybe the majority- before discovering resale. You are among friends. You bought a quality product, and the reasons you did remain valid. Your timeshare purchase will provide you and your family with many luxurious vacations in facilities you would pay much more to enjoy, if you booked your vacations one-at-a-time. Plus, you will become addicted to vacation properties with actual bedrooms, kitchens, washer/dryers.

Happy reading, and again..... Welcome!

Reaction score
Done!

Just called HGV and my rescission is done and done. No problems

So, where should I start reading as I do want to own it fits our travel likes ( lots of room, base for a week or two, hilton I like)

Thanks to everyone, saved me 10's of thousands of dollars!!!!

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
Just called HGV and my rescission is done and done. No problems

So, where should I start reading as I do want to own it fits our travel likes ( lots of room, base for a week or two, hilton I like)

Thanks to everyone, saved me 10's of thousands of dollars!!!!

I'm glad it worked out.

Take your time now and read about the different kinds of ownerships out there.

Weeks vs. a points system, fixed weeks vs. floating weeks, renting from others, full week stays vs. shorter stays.

The possibilities are endless.

Read all you can here and when you have some specific questions, ask them.

"Thanks to everyone, saved me 10's of thousands of dollars!!!!"

By the way, it's your turn to buy a round. :hysterical:

fillde

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congrats Glad it worked out.

Last edited: