• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Good Life program

liwarren

TUG Member
Reaction score
Will be meeting with rep soon on this new program. What is it and is it worthwhile?

lcml11

Reaction score
Will be meeting with rep soon on this new program. What is it and is it worthwhile?

The Good Life marketing program is a developer sales program for selling timeshares bought from them. The sales presentations are very interesting to listen to. They are not always 100 percent accurate, but interesting. It has been reported that some if not most are high pressure attempts to sell the contracts. Usally, but not always, a gift is given for attending one. People used to post on what was said at them, but this does not appear to be happening much anymore. What one location says is typically not the same thing as another location. It is not a particularly new program.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score

The good life is VIP

So just buy enough points from that salesman and you too can enjoy the "good life"

The new VIP levels are
400,000 for Silver
700,000 for Gold
1,000,000 for Platinum

I recommend you say "no thanks", life is not so bad without VIP

liwarren

TUG Member
Reaction score
The good life is VIP

So just buy enough points from that salesman and you too can enjoy the "good life"

The new VIP levels are
400,000 for Silver
700,000 for Gold
1,000,000 for Platinum

I recommend you say "no thanks", life is not so bad without VIP

I'm already platinum. Just not sure what its about.

lcml11

Reaction score
"Family Transfers: If you are Grandfathered at a VIP level and wish to transfer one of your ownership interests to an “Immediate Relative”, the eligible ownership interests that were purchased prior to November 1, 2012 will be considered eligible towards the applicable VIP Point Levels prior to November 1, 2012. The Immediate Relative that you are transferring your ownership interest to will need a minimum of 300,000 points to receive Grandfathered VIP status."

https://www.wyndhamvacationresorts.com/ffr/member/help/learningCenter/details.do?id=LIB-0003017

Just reviewed the grandfathering rules for VIP. Apparently only transfers to family members can be grandfathered. No mention of grandfather via will etc. Worth considering before a new purchase is made.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score

Then they will Im sure tell you about all the wonderful new benefits

VIPeek

Certain VIP owners are selected at random and given the opportunity to comment in advance on new program features being considered

VIP Merchandise Collection
you too can buy a baseball cap like this one...yours of course will have Platinum on it

CP77_S.jpg

Quarterly CEO Updates...

your own personal form letter in an email from the Wyndham Boss

There are other benefits for Platinum members, like you can pay to go on a cruise with other Platinum owners

Damn....I wish I was Platinum...but not for these new benefits, the guest certs and unlimited transactions and the 50% discount are quite enough

Cheryl20772

TUG Member
Reaction score
Then you are already living the "good life". All you need to do is buy a few souvenir items to show the rest of the world how much money you spent. For example, Ron's baseball cap would tell the world you spent in the neighborhood of $50K for your Wyndham points. The persons in the unit next door to yours may have spend only closing costs for theirs and they would not qualify to wear that cap.

Wyndham sales will want to sell you more; so your life can get gooder :D

Last edited:

liwarren

TUG Member
Reaction score
So am I understanding the only benefit is for transfers of ownership to family?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
So am I understanding the only benefit is for transfers of ownership to family?

The benefits of Platinum are significant and the ability to transfer a Platinum account to family is one of them, but that's not a new benefit.

The question always comes down to money..Are the benefits worth the money it costs to become a Platinum VIP? or put another way, Can you duplicate those benefits for less money?

liwarren

TUG Member
Reaction score
I guess I just am not getting this program. If I'm already platinum what benefit to attend this meeting?

WeLovetoTravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
I guess I just am not getting this program. If I'm already platinum what benefit to attend this meeting?
The only benefit to your meeting is that the sales shark is thinking that you might be crazy enough to buy more developer points. You could always buy another package and put all your points in ACCESS, then you will have ARP at many resorts instead of 1. :rofl:

massvacationer

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
The only benefit to your meeting is that the sales shark is thinking that you might be crazy enough to buy more developer points. You could always buy another package and put all your points in ACCESS, then you will have ARP at many resorts instead of 1. :rofl:

Or perhaps you might be willing to buy into the Presidential Reserve Program. :)

Cheryl20772

TUG Member
Reaction score
They see no limit to the number of retail points they can sell to you. Therefore you (who have already demonstrated your willingness to buy) are a prime target. The common benefits to you for attending a meeting would be to receive a free lunch or a red plastic sippy cup that says Wyndham on the side of it.

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sales always has a reason you need to talk with them, special got lost in mail, account is screwed up, "new" benefits, sales managers birthday and big discounts, etc. Wyndham makes 4 times profit upgrading current owners vs warm bodies off the street, so you are prime prospect.

Ron laid out the great no cash value new benefits now get.

Since Platinum all resale points get discounts.

CWA is great in theory but in practice of dubious value. I do not recall seeing any posts where some one has used for red hot event or holiday. ROFR is a joke.

For attending sales pitch I am sure they will give you a "kool" baseball cap.

About the only benefit is you hopefully will get at least $100 in tickets, debit cards, meals, etc. and get free in hour and 1/2!

Last edited:

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
Last edited:

Cely218

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good Life

A co-worker just returned from a trip and told me they purchased Wyndham points from Wyndham. They told me they are super happy and received a super deal. I asked what resort, they said they were not sure, but it did not matter since they could go wherever with the points. They would not tell me what they paid, but said they had NO maintenance fees ever. I was like Wow! are you sure No maintenance fees ever? Sounds way too good to be true. I suppose that would be the good life no maintenance fees!:whoopie:

I sure would like to know more about the purchase, but they did not seem to want to share. :shrug:

Cheryl20772

TUG Member
Reaction score
They would not tell me what they paid, but said they had NO maintenance fees ever. I was like Wow! are you sure No maintenance fees ever? Sounds way too good to be true. I suppose that would be the good life no maintenance fees!:whoopie:

I sure would like to know more about the purchase, but they did not seem to want to share. :shrug:

I'll bet this will be one of those persons who later comes back crying about all the lies they were told to induce them to purchase. This is really sad. I would be tempted to make them sit down and talk about this (if they are a friend and if you care about them and if they are still possibly in recission period). Not much can be done if it's too late to cancel now.

Since Platinum all resale points get discounts.

This is a huge fact to keep in mind. Once someone becomes Platinum, there is no purpose imaginable for which to buy more retail points. Every resale point put into the account would share the Platinum privileges.

liwarren

TUG Member
Reaction score
Then you are already living the "good life". All you need to do is buy a few souvenir items to show the rest of the world how much money you spent. For example, Ron's baseball cap would tell the world you spent in the neighborhood of $50K for your Wyndham points. The persons in the unit next door to yours may have spend only closing costs for theirs and they would not qualify to wear that cap.

Wyndham sales will want to sell you more; so your life can get gooder :D

Thanks for the not helpful remarks. For a minute I thought I must have been on trip advisory not tug. I'm not a bit unhappy to be platinum but I don't tell the world about it.

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
A co-worker just returned from a trip and told me they purchased Wyndham points from Wyndham. They told me they are super happy and received a super deal. I asked what resort, they said they were not sure, but it did not matter since they could go wherever with the points. They would not tell me what they paid, but said they had NO maintenance fees ever. I was like Wow! are you sure No maintenance fees ever? Sounds way too good to be true. I suppose that would be the good life no maintenance fees!:whoopie:

You gave it your best shot, so don't be to harsh when they "see de light".

Sounds like they bought 500K points on Halloween and saved the $35K additional it would have cost them on November 1, 2012. Typically scam is with 35% discount will have an extra 175K points to pay MF with. At $210 per 100K this is $367 towards 500K points at say $5.00 or $2,500. Or, have EH rent out for a couple thousand best case. After EH take it 40%+ leaves $1,200- to apply to MF.

Or slicing it another way, say they paid $80K for VIP honors. Divide this $80K by 20 years they have prepaid $4K a year for vacations whether they take or not! There is no inflation protection.