• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Elite Benefits

Asl18940

Reaction score
I think HGVC is beginning to listen a bit about giving Elite members at least a few viable perks. Last year they added resor.com, but frankly the point exchange into those resorts wasn't particularly attractive. Now I see they've added some of the resorts from RCI's Registry Collection. That would be a much better fit, and I'd like to see HGVC add the entire Registry Collection for owners that are Elite Plus, etc.

sjuhawk_jd

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think HGVC is beginning to listen a bit about giving Elite members at least a few viable perks. Last year they added resor.com, but frankly the point exchange into those resorts wasn't particularly attractive. Now I see they've added some of the resorts from RCI's Registry Collection. That would be a much better fit, and I'd like to see HGVC add the entire Registry Collection for owners that are Elite Plus, etc.

Can you provide a link to HGVC site where this is mentioned (RC resorts), etc.

Asl18940

Reaction score
It's under the "My Elite Status" tab, and then you'll see it listed just below resortime.com.

Asl18940

Reaction score
I hate to say it, but it says "elite plus" and "elite premier." Now you see I don't like that. Elite is elite. So you may want to mention this to customer service. I guess you've gotten a glimpse into the wonders of these upper tiers that was never supposed to be revealed to you.

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
RCI Registry Collection what is the big deal

I found the RcI's Registry Collection but that doesn't seem to be anything different than I can book using my RCI points from my non Hilton timeshare that I own. Is there something special about these resorts or locations?

sjuhawk_jd

TUG Member
Reaction score
I found the RcI's Registry Collection but that doesn't seem to be anything different than I can book using my RCI points from my non Hilton timeshare that I own. Is there something special about these resorts or locations?

You are correct! This is nothing but smoke and mirrors :mad:

Aquaman55

TUG Member
Reaction score

Below is an example of the select choices available to Elite Plus/Premier members. In addition to this list, there are the secret handshakes, the finest plus/premier-only luxury resorts that don't even show up on Google Earth, and of course the private lear jets stocked with Dom Perignon, truffles, and Beluga caviar...ready to whisk you to the Maldives, Bali or even on an Antarctic adventure. There are other spectacular offers, like the ability to use club points to stay in the Lincoln Bedroom at the WH, but I've already revealed more than I should have. :D

As a Member with Elite Plus or Elite Premier status you have access to RCI's most sought–after destinations.

It's not too late to hit the slopes this ski season with select vacation weeks available in these fabulous ski destinations.

Weeks 1 – 12
Arnold, California – Mountain Retreat Resort (#5007)
Lake Tahoe, California – Tahoe Beach and Ski Club (#0924)
Smuggler's Notch, Vermont – Smuggler's Notch Resort (#0300)

Shake off the winter blues and warm up at a luxurious Caribbean beach resort or hit the links in temperate Arizona.

Weeks 13 – 21
Barbados – Residences at the Crane (#6390)
Saint Lucia – Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort (#3025)
Cornville (Sedona), Arizona – Highlands Resort at Verde Ridge (#8651)
Sedona, Arizona – Sedona Pines Resort (#4968)

The beautiful beaches of South Carolina beckon travelers to reconnect with family and friends.

Weeks 22 – 36
Hilton Head, South Carolina – Coral Sands Resort (#6736)
Hilton Head, South Carolina – Ocean Palms Resort at Port Royal (#2067)
Hilton Head, South Carolina – Spinnaker at Shipyard (#0984)

With the change of season comes a change of scenery courtesy of Mother Nature. Visit one of these amazing resorts for breathtaking vistas filled with all the colors of Fall.

Weeks 35 – 48
Rockport, Maine – Samoset Resort (#0624)
Gatlinburg, Tennessee – Tree Tops Resort (#2208)
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee – Sunrise Ridge Resort (#3876)
You must call Club to book your select exchange reservations, but we encourage you to first explore these resorts on

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
What is the big deal with the New Elite Benefits!

Below is an example of the select choices available to Elite Plus/Premier members. In addition to this list, there are the secret handshakes, the finest plus/premier-only luxury resorts that don't even show up on Google Earth, and of course the private lear jets stocked with Dom Perignon, truffles, and Beluga caviar...ready to whisk you to the Maldives, Bali or even on an Antarctic adventure. There are other spectacular offers, like the ability to use club points to stay in the Lincoln Bedroom at the WH, but I've already revealed more than I should have. :D

As a Member with Elite Plus or Elite Premier status you have access to RCI's most sought–after destinations.

It's not too late to hit the slopes this ski season with select vacation weeks available in these fabulous ski destinations.

Weeks 1 – 12
Arnold, California – Mountain Retreat Resort (#5007)
Lake Tahoe, California – Tahoe Beach and Ski Club (#0924)
Smuggler's Notch, Vermont – Smuggler's Notch Resort (#0300)

Shake off the winter blues and warm up at a luxurious Caribbean beach resort or hit the links in temperate Arizona.

Weeks 13 – 21
Barbados – Residences at the Crane (#6390)
Saint Lucia – Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort (#3025)
Cornville (Sedona), Arizona – Highlands Resort at Verde Ridge (#8651)
Sedona, Arizona – Sedona Pines Resort (#4968)

The beautiful beaches of South Carolina beckon travelers to reconnect with family and friends.

Weeks 22 – 36
Hilton Head, South Carolina – Coral Sands Resort (#6736)
Hilton Head, South Carolina – Ocean Palms Resort at Port Royal (#2067)
Hilton Head, South Carolina – Spinnaker at Shipyard (#0984)

With the change of season comes a change of scenery courtesy of Mother Nature. Visit one of these amazing resorts for breathtaking vistas filled with all the colors of Fall.

Weeks 35 – 48
Rockport, Maine – Samoset Resort (#0624)
Gatlinburg, Tennessee – Tree Tops Resort (#2208)
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee – Sunrise Ridge Resort (#3876)
You must call Club to book your select exchange reservations, but we encourage you to first explore these resorts on

As I mentioned these resorts are RCI resorts that I can book with my non Hilton RCI points account. The special champagne, boat, camel ride, safari stuff is like cruises and Hilton Honors usage: NOT A GOOD POINT VALUE

Asl18940

Reaction score
My only question is whether we would get priority access to these venues. A lot of the Registry Collection resorts really are nice, but with the RC you need to deposit first and then you find out about availability. But hopefully the original deal with HGVC remains in that we can find out about availability first.

sjuhawk_jd

TUG Member
Reaction score
My only question is whether we would get priority access to these venues. A lot of the Registry Collection resorts really are nice, but with the RC you need to deposit first and then you find out about availability. But hopefully the original deal with HGVC remains in that we can find out about availability first.

These are not registry collection resorts, they are listed to create smoke and mirror. Registry Collection is not even mentioned anywhere on HGVC site.

Aquaman55

TUG Member
Reaction score
I haven't been to any of these places, but I read reviews for the two in the Caribbean and they don't seem all the great. Has anyone stayed at any of the resorts on the list?

Last edited:

itradehilton

TUG Member
Reaction score
we have stayed at the Tahoe Beach and Ski with a regular RCI exchange. It is a nice resort on the lake.

Asl18940

Reaction score
Oh well. I thought maybe HGVC was trying to do something for Elite members. I'm going to the NYC club in June, and see if they have any plans in the offing. Otherwise, you're much better off buying your points on resale.

Last edited:

Remy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations Club on the Boulevard, Hyatt Residence Club Wild Oak Ranch
Oh well. I thought maybe HGVC was trying to do something for Elite members. I'm going to the NYC club in June, and see if they have any plans in the offing. Otherwise, you're much better off buying your points on resale.

I can't imagine what they could do to the Elite program to make it worth $50,000.

Asl18940

Reaction score
Well, I'm not going to pretend that I think I get my money's worth from elite plus status. But they could provide a one-year window at all HGVC and affiliated resorts for that status and/or an enhanced exchange rate from HH.

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well, I'm not going to pretend that I think I get my money's worth from elite plus status. But they could provide a one-year window at all HGVC and affiliated resorts for that status and/or an enhanced exchange rate from HH.

I am Elite Plus and would love to get a 12 month window at all resorts. However, the benefit for ownership at a particular resorts in the system is a 12 month window. They could give us a 10 month window. The benefit of ownership at a particular resort would still be 2 months before others.

Aquaman55

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am Elite Plus and would love to get a 12 month window at all resorts. However, the benefit for ownership at a particular resorts in the system is a 12 month window. They could give us a 10 month window. The benefit of ownership at a particular resort would still be 2 months before others.

That is a great idea. Another worthwhile benefit (instead of door keys and "select" RCI offerings,) would be a better HH conversion rate...Elite 30 to 1, Elite Plus 35 to 1, and Premier, 40 to 1.

Remy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations Club on the Boulevard, Hyatt Residence Club Wild Oak Ranch
That is a great idea. Another worthwhile benefit (instead of door keys and "select" RCI offerings,) would be a better HH conversion rate...Elite 30 to 1, Elite Plus 35 to 1, and Premier, 40 to 1.

But they got you to buy at full-freight without these perks. Why give them to you now? I'd imagine they'd sooner send money on more "Elite" signage at check-in than hand over a costly HH point purchase. Maybe special mugs or a decoder ring, but no HH points.

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
elite benefits

But they got you to buy at full-freight without these perks. Why give them to you now? I'd imagine they'd sooner send money on more "Elite" signage at check-in than hand over a costly HH point purchase. Maybe special mugs or a decoder ring, but no HH points.

The reason they would give the benefits now would be to get other owners or perspective owners to buy to become Elite. The 10 months window Elite booking preference would be a no cost benefit. However, the higher conversion rate would cost the Hilton Corporation something in Hotel room availability.

Remy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The reason they would give the benefits now would be to get other owners or perspective owners to buy to become Elite. The 10 months window Elite booking preference would be a no cost benefit. However, the higher conversion rate would cost the Hilton Corporation something in Hotel room availability.

But they lie to prospects already and tell them they get 12 month booking window ("at a selected resort" is omitted). Why give 10 months for real when they can tell you they're giving you 12.

The lowest cost comes from the misinformation.

Asl18940

Reaction score
I wish I could disagree with Remy. There are a few benefits such as being about to book into the Grand Mayan system. But really the message for any would-be HGVC members is that you should buy resale. The sales force will tell you accurately that you'll never amass Elite benefits, but as you see here, they're not worth the premium. I enjoy my HGVC membership, but buy resale.

Aquaman55

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wish I could disagree with Remy. There are a few benefits such as being about to book into the Grand Mayan system. But really the message for any would-be HGVC members is that you should buy resale. The sales force will tell you accurately that you'll never amass Elite benefits, but as you see here, they're not worth the premium. I enjoy my HGVC membership, but buy resale.

I think most, but not all, who posted here are not Elite members. However, the question is...what could HGVC do to bolster Elite, Plus, or Premier benefits that would make Elite-level membership more attractive? (We all know the value of re-sale and that any new Elite benefit would never be comparable to re-sale.)

The idea of giving Elite members a 10 month window is a very good one. My earlier suggestion of adjusting HH conversion rate for Elites members would certainly not overwhelm Hilton. (30 for Elite, 35 for Plus, 40 for Premier. I think New York owners already have a higher rate.) What other ideas would add value to Elite? I would be happy to compile a list of reasonable suggestions and send them to HGVC's main kahunas. They may ignore it and not reply, but that's ok.

mikesleone

Reaction score
I'm an Elite member with HGVC, and I'll unhappily admit that I get zero value from the perks offered to Elite members.

It's insulting that HGVC actually thinks that having a key card which says VIP is a perk.

The only viable perk is the lower booking fee, otherwise, I wish HGVC would get rid of all the other perks, and replace them with a longer reservation window, etc.

Remy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think most, but not all, who posted here are not Elite members. However, the question is...what could HGVC do to bolster Elite, Plus, or Premier benefits that would make Elite-level membership more attractive? (We all know the value of re-sale and that any new Elite benefit would never be comparable to re-sale.)

The idea of giving Elite members a 10 month window is a very good one. My earlier suggestion of adjusting HH conversion rate for Elites members would certainly not overwhelm Hilton. (30 for Elite, 35 for Plus, 40 for Premier. I think New York owners already have a higher rate.) What other ideas would add value to Elite? I would be happy to compile a list of reasonable suggestions and send them to HGVC's main kahunas. They may ignore it and not reply, but that's ok.

Oh, I get it. We're daydreaming. HGVC should give us all online access to book affiliate resorts and reduce maintenance fees by 5% annually. Oh, and a coupon for unlimited free massages on check-in.