• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

On airplane now, large woman spilling onto me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

heathpack

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score

geekette

Reaction score
I thought it was getting people to stay in their People Space.

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought it was that the threads with record numbers of replies were all "entertainment" threads - no substance like this thread. :rolleyes:

scrapngen

TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought it was that the threads with record numbers of replies were all "entertainment" threads - no substance like this thread. :rolleyes:

Yep...quite a bit of "substance" overflowing into others' assigned seats....
Not entertaining at all;)

Htoo0

TUG Member
Reaction score
Substance threads can usually be solved with a bit of reason and factual information. While the OP suffered an unfortunate situation at the 'arms' of a (perhaps) clueless and rude person with a bit of size problem combined with the airlines shrinking of seat space to maximize their profitability, this thread has been a combination of subjects which has touched areas to interest almost anyone. I'm amazed it hasn't been locked several times.

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Substance threads can usually be solved with a bit of reason and factual information. While the OP suffered an unfortunate situation at the 'arms' of a (perhaps) clueless and rude person with a bit of size problem combined with the airlines shrinking of seat space to maximize their profitability, this thread has been a combination of subjects which has touched areas to interest almost anyone. I'm amazed it hasn't been locked several times.

If the person had only a BIT of a size problem the thread wouldn't have started.

There's no TUG rule about a long discussion with many tangents that are semi-related to the original post, and that often come right back to it.

And the problems we're solving? Oh my, so many......airline seat size, height vs width, obesity, junk food......

IMNSHO, those who want to stop the conversation should perhaps leave the conversation.....but there's no reason for the rest of us to stop our discussion. I am enjoying the conversation!

scrapngen

TUG Member
Reaction score
If the person had only a BIT of a size problem the thread wouldn't have started.

There's no TUG rule about a long discussion with many tangents that are semi-related to the original post, and that often come right back to it.

And the problems we're solving? Oh my, so many......airline seat size, height vs width, obesity, junk food......

IMNSHO, those who want to stop the conversation should perhaps leave the conversation.....but there's no reason for the rest of us to stop our discussion. I am enjoying the conversation!

Ooooohhhhh!! PJ! :clap: :clap: I love the fact that you've gone to the: IMNSHO!!!
First time I've seen you use that! You go, girl:cheer:

planzfortomorrow

TUG Member
Reaction score
New points to consider

Have greatly enjoyed reading this thread. Have learned several new things...such as seat size & that my shoulders are 16" across, more or less, so even when I was much skinner, I always had to hunch shoulders on airplanes. Never knew seat sizes were right at the same length as my shoulders, just knew that I needed all my space, and if someone went over their space I'd always feel my personal space had been invaded. I do fit in my seat, but do not have any room to share. And greatly agree with many observations as to diet, losing weight is simple (eat less than you burn) but not easy, the woman might have needed to buy 2 seats, etc.

Anyway, have two new points for consideration:
I know that this may be taken the wrong way, but when you're NOT the one in the middle seat--no single passanger has this as your first choice--you've got to give a little. The window seat person can hug the window, the aisle seat person can lean into the aisle (and gets whacked by every passanger & cart going by), but the middle person really has no where to go. And I don't care how POLITELY you say it, there's just no way it doesn't come across as "your too fat, stay on your side!"

Which brings up my next point: maybe this woman is already in the process of trying to correct her size, but as it didn't take a year to get that big, it will take longer than a year to lose it... I do not believe that she needed the seat belt extension, so just how much spillage is too much? 1 inch on either side? 10 inches???? Anyway--she can't become "unfat" overnight, and certainly not while she's on the plane. Yeah, she's made a lifetime of bad choices, but for the immedate situation, what is she suppose to do? I'd give someone the fish stare too. Don't get me wrong--I try very hard to be polite, but also expect it from others too.

Final point--seating is limited on airplanes. The flight attendants do not have unlimited seats to chose from--and if you want to be moved, chances are you're going to start affecting someone else. Yeah, you don't want to sit next to the stinky fat person? Or the one with woogums? Or the one with the screaming kid? Or the other with the newborn baby? Or next to mister tall guy who you've got to climb over to get into your seat (and forget about mid-flight restroom breaks). Uh, not too many choices left :)

My solution: make window & aisle seats 1/2" to 1" shorter. Give that to the middle seat. And/or start charging 5 to 30 extra for the choice window/aisle seats. Then airlines make more money, & there's seating for the short & squat.

:rofl:

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think the ultimate solution is to medicate unhappy flyers with Jack Daniels - it works for me. Two or three of those and all is well .... :rolleyes:

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score

Howdy::hi:

From the over the hill gang and not with swinging texting lingo of today. Do have cell phone, but sans texting. Could you tell me in ingles or espanol what your short hand(thats what it was called back in day of great flood) means?:confused:

And, perhaps refer me to web site that deciphers like the cheat sheets used to use interpret CB radio talk!:whoopie:

10/4 outta de back door on all four:deadhorse: :deadhorse:

Rose Pink

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have greatly enjoyed reading this thread. Have learned several new things...such as seat size & that my shoulders are 16" across, more or less, so even when I was much skinner, I always had to hunch shoulders on airplanes......

This comment reminded me of regular (non-airline) seats. Many of them have wider tops to accomodate the extra room our top halves use considering arm movement. When you think about it, we need more room above the waist than we do below the waist.

I think the ultimate solution is to medicate unhappy flyers with Jack Daniels - it works for me. Two or three of those and all is well .... :rolleyes:
Do you sip it from hollow chocolate Easter bunnies?

Rose Pink

TUG Member
Reaction score

From the over the hill gang and not with swinging texting lingo of today. Do have cell phone, but sans texting. Could you tell me in ingles or espanol what your short hand(thats what it was called back in day of great flood) means?:confused:

And, perhaps refer me to web site that deciphers like the cheat sheets used to use interpret CB radio talk!:whoopie:

In My Not So Humble Opinion

I had to think a small moment to figure it out but recognized it was based on IMO, in my humble opinion, then it became clear to me. You can google for lists of internet and text acronyms.

Last edited:

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score

Google: internet acronyms. One such site is:

http://www.gaarde.org/acronyms/

Just as long as there's no turbulance that stirs up your liquid medication, such that you might have to race for the rest room because there are no little white bags in the seat-backs, and then you don't get stuck trying to climb over Mr. or Ms. Wide or Tall and lose it......:eek:

Last edited:

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
This comment reminded me of regular (non-airline) seats. Many of them have wider tops to accomodate the extra room our top halves use considering arm movement. When you think about it, we need more room above the waist than we do below the waist.

Are you inferring we should have Dolly Parton bust in on this discussion?:whoopie:

Thinking back to the good ole days, would one rather have chimneys smoking all around them or hunker down in smaller seat?:ponder: :ponder:

Ya pays your money and takes your choice!:D

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score

I had to think a small moment to figure it out but recognized it was based on IMO, in my humble opinion, then it became clear to me. You can google for lists of internet and text acronyms.

I thought it was In My Not So Honest Opinion.

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score

Too much to deal with at this stage of my life!:crash: :eek:

IMAO
In My Arrogant Opinion
IMBO
In My Biased Opinion
IMBO
In My Bloody Opinion
IMBW
I May Be Wrong
IMCAO
In My Completely Arrogant Opinion
IMCDO
In My Conceited Dogmatic Opinion
IMCO
In My Considered Opinion
IME
In My Experience
IMHBCO
In My Humble But Correct Opinion
IMHO
In My Holy Opinion
IMHO
In My Honest Opinion
IMHO
In My Humble Opinion
IMMOR
I Make My Own Rules
IMNSCO
In My Not So Considered Opinion
IMNSHO
IMNSVHO
In My Not So Very Humble Opinion
IMO
In My Opinion
IMOBIHO
In My Occasionally But Infrequently Humble Opinion
IMOBO
In My Own Biased Opinion
IMOHO
In My Occasionally Humble Opinion

Tia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just as long as there's no turbulance that stirs up your liquid medication, such that you might have to race for the rest room because ......

Oooh that would be very very very bad! :rofl: :hysterical: :rofl:

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
. .

Are you inferring we should have Dolly Parton bust in on this discussion?:whoopie:

Thinking back to the good ole days, would one rather have chimneys smoking all around them or hunker down in smaller seat?:ponder: :ponder:

Nope, you may be inferring, but Rose Pink, to whom you were responding, would have been implying :hi:

Meanie. I suppose that would be a viable translation, but I meant Not So Humble :D

Htoo0

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wasn't complaining about the thread and was trying to be nice by calling it a bit of a size problem. I was merely commenting on the fact that I've seen threads locked in the past for what seemed like less controversy than what I've sometimes read in this thread. (And if any number of controversial social issues haven't been covered in these pages I don't know what the term means.) There have been times when it appeared there was a bit of rudeness occurring as well. TUG seems to have much tighter rules than any other site in which I participate (which is fine by me). But I've overstepped a few times myself. However, if the rules are relaxed from time to time or changed altogether that's OK too. I try to live within the rules though and it can become difficult if the line wavers. As to if this thread crossed the line at times isn't my call, I wasn't asking that it be locked, merely expressing surprise that it hasn't happened. Certainly those who don't care to participate can skip reading it. That could be said for several threads which have been closed which didn't violate the politics, religion or controversial social issues rules. Some of them were joke threads which some apparently thought crossed some decency?? line. Personally, although I didn't start them, I enjoyed them and wondered why those who objected couldn't have just skipped over the thread(s). Again however, not my call.
By all means, continue to enjoy the thread, I'm not complaining, merely explaining.

Ridewithme38

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wasn't complaining about the thread and was trying to be nice by calling it a bit of a size problem. I was merely commenting on the fact that I've seen threads locked in the past for what seemed like less controversy than what I've sometimes read in this thread. (And if any number of controversial social issues haven't been covered in these pages I don't know what the term means.) There have been times when it appeared there was a bit of rudeness occurring as well. TUG seems to have much tighter rules than any other site in which I participate (which is fine by me). But I've overstepped a few times myself. However, if the rules are relaxed from time to time or changed altogether that's OK too. I try to live within the rules though and it can become difficult if the line wavers. As to if this thread crossed the line at times isn't my call, I wasn't asking that it be locked, merely expressing surprise that it hasn't happened. Certainly those who don't care to participate can skip reading it. That could be said for several threads which have been closed which didn't violate the politics, religion or controversial social issues rules. Some of them were joke threads which some apparently thought crossed some decency?? line. Personally, although I didn't start them, I enjoyed them and wondered why those who objected couldn't have just skipped over the thread(s). Again however, not my call.
By all means, continue to enjoy the thread, I'm not complaining, merely explaining.

Psst, Discussion of Moderation of a thread, is reason for it to be closed also...

Rose Pink

TUG Member
Reaction score

Ya pays your money and takes your choice!:D

Nope, you may be inferring, but Rose Pink, to whom you were responding, would have been implying :hi:
Actually, I was referring to the lateral width of upper bodies not frontal width. It was a reference to the flying elbows not the flying and/or sagging frontal baggage.

Last edited:

geekette

Reaction score
Actually, I was referring to the lateral width of upper bodies not frontal width. It was a reference to the flying elbows not the flying and/or sagging frontal baggage.

:hysterical:

"I'll have a seat in Flying Frontal Baggage, please"

"Sorry, Lady, you don't quality based on our Sagometer. To the Sag Section with you!"

Status
Not open for further replies.