• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Trip Insurance from II

vacationcrazy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used the insurance from interval to insure a trip. We booked a getaway to Turks and Caicos in September and it is hurricane season, so I was thinking I should get insurance. Any suggestions? I did get insurance for the airline tickets through Jet Blue but that is all they cover.

TravelMamma

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used the insurance from interval to insure a trip. We booked a getaway to Turks and Caicos in September and it is hurricane season, so I was thinking I should get insurance. Any suggestions? I did get insurance for the airline tickets through Jet Blue but that is all they cover.

I would, in fact, I did, because we also booked a getaway to Turks and Caicos (but for November, which is still techinically hurricane season). I have never had to use it before and usually opt not to purchase it, but with the price of the getaway, hurricane season and any airport problems, thought better be safe. My sister once had a trip booked to Turks and Caicos and the airport there went on strike, when they got to departure gate they learnt they couldn't fly to Turks and Caicos, they were fortunate enough to rebook themselves to go to Jamaica instead and they didn't lose any money. But with timeshares, you can't just cancel your reservation and get your money back like you can a hotel, so we got the insurance. It also covers delay in bags, bags lost, cancellation if medical arises, some other stuff too.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
For $99 you can buy travel insurance that will cover all your timeshare trips for one year. See the info. in the Insurance Sticky at the top of the travel forum.

vacationcrazy

TUG Member
Reaction score
For $99 you can buy travel insurance that will cover all your timeshare trips for one year. See the info. in the Insurance Sticky at the top of the travel forum.

I looked at the sticky regarding the insurance, but I am still confused. If I bought timeshare insurance would it cover getaways? I am not sure what company has the $99 for one year. Could you give me a little more info please.
Thanks,

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)

momeason

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
FYI, they do not provide coverage if you live in New York State - there are other exceptions as well.

I also think it has to be this year's usage, not a prior deposit. There are a lot of exceptions.

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
I also think it has to be this year's usage, not a prior deposit. There are a lot of exceptions.
My friend who is a member of this board has had the policy for several years and has had to file a claim at least 3 times, she has not had a problem with collecting on her own week or an exchanged week in collecting the insurance.

I am sure there are exceptions as with any policy, but by following the procedure to file a claim, this has worked for her

momeason

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Bonus time, prior year's deposits and getaways are specifically excluded. It also does not cover you if you own more than 20 days usage a year.