• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RIP Dick Clark

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
TMZ is reporting that Dick Clark died today at age 82, reportedly of a heart attack.

Many of us fondly remember watching American Bandstand. It was THE show for live performances in the day. Its regular dancers were almost like family.

Rest in peace.

Fern

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I wonder if Ryan Seacrest will make some kind of statement tonight on AI? He has been groomed to be the "next" Dick Clark. I don't think he has nearly as much charisma as the original, but he's certainly as ubiquitous.

RIP Dick. You gave me a lot of smiles over the years, and a few "OMG What are they THINKING?" moments, including a song and dance performance on American Bandstand by (then) teenager Melissa Gilbert (post-Little House on the Prairie) in bell bottom pants, with a few backup dancers. She danced and sang (VERRRY badly, I might add) to "If They Could See Me Now" from "Sweet Charity." It was one of the worst performances I've ever seen.* Funny that she's now struggling along on Dancing With The Stars.

* Clint Eastwood with a squeaky tenor voice singing "I talk To The Trees" in "Paint Your Wagon" is a close second. :)

Dave

Last edited:

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
An entertainment icon who seemed to be a very nice man as well.

New Years Eve will never be the same now that he is gone. He was part of this country's New Year's tradition. RIP

Last edited:

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
In many ways he was an icon of my generation. He never aged. DW and I commented just a couple of nights ago when there was one of those ubiquitous shows honoring an aging rocker. As the credits rolled, superimposed was a Dick Clark Productions logo. He was still at it.

Good to hear that he'll be there producing great shows where we may find ourselves next. There is plenty of talent to choose from.

RIP Dick Clark!

Jim Ricks

jackio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
I admired his courage as he went forth with his public recovery from his massive stroke. RIP.

sail27bill

TUG Member
Reaction score
I liked him as host of American Bandstand. I liked his New Year Eve's programs. Thoughts of him bring back fond memories. So sad. May he RIP.

Anita

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
It is hard to believe that Dick Clark, who was forever young until the past six or seven years, has actually died. It won't be real until he's not there at all on New Year's Eve.

It would be cool if TV Land could figure out a way to do an AB marathon in the coming week....

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
RIP Dick Clark. You will be missed.

Tia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sad news. We were talking at work today re and a 26 yo co-worker hand no clue who he was, made me feel old:ignore:

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I liked him as host of American Bandstand. I liked his New Year Eve's programs. Thoughts of him bring back fond memories. So sad. May he RIP.

Anita

Me too - RIP Dick Clark.

Dori

TUG Member
Reaction score
I also was a huge fan of American Bandstand, and thought that one of the girls on the dance floor each week (I think her name was Francine) was so beautiful1 My sister and I would practise the dance moves we saw on the show.

Dick Clark helped so many young performers to gain exposure. He was and always will be a true American icon. RIP Dick.

Dori

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
I watched him on the NYE special (with Ryan Seacrest) just a few months ago. Despite him already having had a massive stroke, he worked SO HARD to try to deliver his lines. I have so much respect for someone who gets up in front of a camera despite barely being able to talk anymore. But that was his whole career so I guess he was going to give it a valiant fight until the very end. :clap:

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I forgot about the $10,000 and $25,000 Pyramid game. Love that game show too.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
RIP Dick Clark. Everyone enjoyed watching the American Bandstand dance show.

I can still remember seeing Chubby Checker doing The Twist..

and around, around, around you go. Let's Twist again liked we did last summer.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
RIP Dick Clark. Everyone enjoyed watching the American Bandstand dance show.

I can still remember seeing Chubby Checker doing The Twist..

and around, around, around you go. Let's Twist again liked we did last summer.

Useless trivia: As my faded memory tells me, you have lyrics from two different songs there. "Around and around and up and down..." was from the original "The Twist" song he started with, and "Let's twist again like we did last summer" was from "Let's Twist Again," the follow-up song that came out the year after The Twist came out. It was Chubby Checker's effort to keep the momentum going with the song craze he made famous.

Now there's extra points for knowing more worthless trivia: How old was Chubby Checker when he made that dance and song famous? (Don't cheat!)

Dave