• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Kingsland Point Structure

Reaction score
Does anyone have any info--first or second hand--on the difference between phase 1 and 2 units at HGVC Kings' Land? The 2012 Member Guide lists the point requirements for the two different units, but calls to both HGVC cust service and direct to Kings' Land have yielded little feedback about the individual units (size, location, ammenities, etc).

The point difference is substantial (50% more points for the higher grade units, which I'm only pretty sure are phase 1) leaving me thinking the differences in the units may be substantial as well. I was just wondering what anyone may have seen or heard.

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
When I was at Kings' Land earlier this year, the only thing anyone could tell me about the difference is that the units are a little smaller--but no one could define smaller. The sales staff didn't have any specifics on phase 2 other than the smaller point structure, which I'm excited about.

Ianneyan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and Vistana
My family and I just stayed in a phase one last week. They said that the 2BR unit was about 1200 sq. ft while the new phase 2 we toured was 900 sq. ft.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
So the units will be smaller; that makes sense. Will phase II be able to access all the same pools and other common areas?

Kurt

SDtwins

TUG Member
Reaction score
They're ~300 sq ft smaller. The units are being built across the street from the rest of Kings' land, but will use the same facilities. The main differences I noticed were that the master bathroom was much smaller (and in my opinion more usable, the master bedroom was a bit smaller. The living area seemed about the same size (to me). I actually liked the new units better than phase 1.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
They're ~300 sq ft smaller. The units are being built across the street from the rest of Kings' land, but will use the same facilities. The main differences I noticed were that the master bathroom was much smaller (and in my opinion more usable, the master bedroom was a bit smaller. The living area seemed about the same size (to me). I actually liked the new units better than phase 1.

The lanais will have sunset view and protected from the evening inversion when the wind howls. Perfect for couples without kids along, let them stay on the pool side.

Another vote for phase 2 being better value.

jlee2070

TUG Member
Reaction score
Would be a bit of a Pain to have to walk across the street to use the Pools when staying at the newer Phase 2 units (if they don't have their own pools)...

The last time I went to BI and stayed at King's Land, it was August the place was SO WINDY and the Pools were super COLD... It was so windy that the BBQ's wouldn't get hot and was unusable... No fun... Didn't really enjoy the stay. I had heard the Waikoloa Pools were warmer but didn't get a chance to try them and wasn't sure if we were really allowed to use their pools while staying at King's Land...

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Would be a bit of a Pain to have to walk across the street to use the Pools when staying at the newer Phase 2 units (if they don't have their own pools)...

The last time I went to BI and stayed at King's Land, it was August the place was SO WINDY and the Pools were super COLD... It was so windy that the BBQ's wouldn't get hot and was unusable... No fun... Didn't really enjoy the stay. I had heard the Waikoloa Pools were warmer but didn't get a chance to try them and wasn't sure if we were really allowed to use their pools while staying at King's Land...

I stayed at KL last June and it was cold / windy at the superpool, the hot tubs were popular. We did manage a BBQ one evening but it was a struggle. The only restriction on the wkl hotel pool complex is if you are staying at bay club, don't know if they are warmer, just more sheltered from the wind.

I only saw buildings going up and curbs for parking lots, nothing that looked like a pool or patio bar area on the phase 2 side.

MikeinSoCal

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had heard the Waikoloa Pools were warmer but didn't get a chance to try them and wasn't sure if we were really allowed to use their pools while staying at King's Land...
We were just at KL and we were told we had full access to HWV hotel. Even the KL website says it.

Guests of Kings' Land resort also have access and charge privileges to the abundant facilities and amenities of the nearby Hilton Waikoloa Village hotel, including an enticing array of pools, lagoon beach, restaurants, boutiques, spa and recreation.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
I stayed at KL last June and it was cold / windy at the superpool, the hot tubs were popular. We did manage a BBQ one evening but it was a struggle. The only restriction on the wkl hotel pool complex is if you are staying at bay club, don't know if they are warmer, just more sheltered from the wind.

I only saw buildings going up and curbs for parking lots, nothing that looked like a pool or patio bar area on the phase 2 side.

This is interesting -- we are going to KL next month and I'd never considered that it might be cold/windy.....Hmmm....DD may freeze...we always find her in the hot tub at MOC.

Aquaman55

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is interesting -- we are going to KL next month and I'd never considered that it might be cold/windy.....Hmmm....DD may freeze...we always find her in the hot tub at MOC.

Stayed at the KL recently...did things unique to the Big Island. Went on a stargazing tour on top of Mauna Kea, visited Volcanoes National Park on Mauna Loa, did night scuba diving and saw dozens of manta rays, and hiked in the rainforest. The BI is different from the other islands, and yes, it can be windy. There is lava made landscapes everywhere and when arriving at the airport in Kona, you might think you made a mistake. The BI grows on you and if you are adventurous, it's great!

As others mentioned, while staying at KL, you have access to the Hilton Hotel resort complex down the road. It can get crowded and parking is often a problem. In short, venture out of that area and explore other parts of the island. Gas is about $5 a gallon. Best place to buy gas and pick up groceries in Kona is Costco.