• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC Orlando

TerriJ

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are planning a trip in late March with kids and grandkids and trying to decide which resort to choose. Which is your favorite?

Thanks.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I have no quibble with Trip Advisor's ranking:

Parc Soliel #15 of 341 -- definitely cool for adults.
I-Drive #18 of 341 -- sophisticated & close to an outlet mall.
SeaWorld #33 of 341 -- for those going to SeaWorld or Universal.

suzanne

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
HGVC Seaworld for kids definately, never been to the Parc, the HGVC International Drive more geared to adults.

Suzanne

mb_cik

Reaction score
We love I-Drive for our 1, 3, and 5 year olds. But in reality both are really nice.

GTLINZ

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are planning a trip in late March with kids and grandkids and trying to decide which resort to choose. Which is your favorite?

Thanks.

I own at SeaWorld and have stayed at IDrive (Tuscany) and Parc Soliel. Not sure you can go wrong with any of them, and each has its' advantages. I think they all have kids activities but they do each have a different feel to me. They are not more than 3-4 miles apart and none are near Disney.

Parc Soliel is the newest and has the tallest buildings. It is isolated in an area that was a large planned development that has not happened - due to the economy, I would guess. One huge advantage there is the water slide at the pool that the kids love. It is more "modern" - the bathroom has a sitting tub that pours from the ceiling (instead of a hot tub). I think the style is european, and it is the hardest to get into per hgvc online.

My wife and I travel with family, with friends and sometimes by ourselves. One of our favorite places on earth is Tuscany. The layout is all around a lake, the buildings are not as tall, Publix/Wallgreens/Outback is across the street, and we just love the Italian theme and the pool area. This is our place of choice, and our kids are grown and also love the place (as do our friends). We often go there and do not go to any parks, unless our granddaughter/kids are with us.

SeaWorld is the oldest and undergoing refurbishing. It is a nice resort and is right next to the SeaWorld park. The style is carribean. They have had a breakfast buffet in the past. To me this is the most kid/family friendly resort, and I believe their calling card since they are the oldest resort.

I would be happy at any of them.

Purseval

Reaction score
Parc Soleil's balconies are not screened in if you are concerned about wandering Grandkids. SeaWorld is by far the most child friendly both in the way the rooms are laid out and the activities but all of the resorts have activity directors and will kep the kids busy. Parc Soleil has the best location if you have a car and plan on going to the parks. Tuscany is best if you like to shop or don't have a car. None of them will leave you feeling like you didn't get your money's worth.

Asl18940

Reaction score
You can't go wrong at any one of them. We went to Seaworld and I-Drive many, many times. At least as of a couple of years ago, I-Drive had a great kids activities program. If you have real little ones, I-Drive also has a separate kid-oriented pool by buildings 4 and 5.

NJ_30s_couple

Reaction score
Just got back from HGVC Seaworld

Hi all,
We just got back from HGVC Seaworld. Stayed in a 3BR in Hamilton building. It was great - rooms, resort, service.

If anyone has questions, let me know.

Ian

TerriJ

TUG Member
Reaction score
We arrive Wednesday evening. Any special location I should request? We have two two BR units reserved. Thanks!

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
We arrive Wednesday evening. Any special location I should request? We have two two BR units reserved. Thanks!

About Parc Soleil.... You want Bldg.1 (w-check-in & garage). Ask for a view to the SW.
Lights from Epcot are SW & MK due West.

About Seaworld... The lower the number the better... # 1 - 4 are reasonably close to the center of things.

Last edited:

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Building 1 at the Seaworld resort? Thanks.

OPPS... That was for Parc Soleil... For Seaworld... the lower the # the better.
#1 - 4 are reasonably close to the center of things. The others are distant.

TerriJ

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are here, at HGVC Seaworld, if anyone has resort questions.

strandlover

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you know if the pools are heated. We are going in a couple of months.

We were at HGVC Seaworld in early March and the pools were heated and very comfortable for swimming.

Last edited:

rebel

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have stayed at all three and they are all very nice. My choice is I Drive and my wife like Seaworld. But with kids I would recommend Seaworld. I remember that one of the Seaworld pools is heated.

TerriJ

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree this is a great resort for kids. The pool closest to us seems warm, but the air temps have been quite warm.

markf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just booked our first HGVC timeshare at Seaworld in a 3br unit from 27 December 2012 to 4 January 2013 - Very excited!

TerriJ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sounds great, you will enjoy. We were in building 2 on the ground floor, very convenient and easy access ro the pools.