• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Help

superdot5

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am totally frustrated with Wyndham. I bought a unit from a friend at Avenue Plaza in New Orleans last year. By the time all the paperwork was processed my vacation time was gone and I lost the week. I spent hours trying to get them to recognize my ownership. I faxed the deed several times and never received any thing in return. Today, I got a late notice for my maintenance fees - at least they recognize I owe them money. Am I the only one? Any thoughts?

Cheryl20772

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am totally frustrated with Wyndham. I bought a unit from a friend at Avenue Plaza in New Orleans last year. By the time all the paperwork was processed my vacation time was gone and I lost the week. I spent hours trying to get them to recognize my ownership. I faxed the deed several times and never received any thing in return. Today, I got a late notice for my maintenance fees - at least they recognize I owe them money. Am I the only one? Any thoughts?
I'm so sorry you are having such a difficult time. You say "the paper work was processed", you mean the deed registered? Did you send the title transfer money to Wyndham or just faxed the deed? Maybe you should call title at 1-800-251-8736 Press 2 Monday through Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. ET and ask them if they have everything needed to process your title. I hope you know that you can't just fax it to them. Ask them how you will know that everything is right and you can access your account online. This is all I know to do. Hope you got a good price when you bought it. Avenue Plaze is a wonderful place to stay in NO. It's right on a parade route and the street car runs by the front door. We loved our stay there.

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
You did not mention what you bought, but assuming it is fixed floating week with 4 weeks blacked out it is most common deed!

It is totally differerent than UDI points where you can book until last week of year or flip to RCI.

For example, there are about 260 Intervals there and when a week goes by unused then it is lost forever, not buried in a zillon points. So come September if you have not booked current year reservation you are SOL and HOA fees.

You can actually book 2013 today if you pay MF and avoid knock outs.

If you are getting MF bill then you must be in system , can call and pay and then make a reservation. There are separate phone numbers!

AVP is really unique and I would suggest you PM Ron P. who I have found to be an expert on this resort.

rrlongwell

Reaction score
... If you are getting MF bill then you must be in system , can call and pay and then make a reservation. There are separate phone numbers!

AVP is really unique and I would suggest you PM Ron P. who I have found to be an expert on this resort.

Paritally right, you can be in the Wyndham billing system for liability and they do not reconize your right to use the timeshare, that almost appears to be what happened here for the 1st year you indicated and also maybe in the process of happening now. I would suggest the following:

1. Call Wyndham Financial Services and see if maintance fees are current and which use year, if any, you paid for.

2. Call Wyndham Title and see if the title has actually transfered to you and that they reconize your ownership in their system.

3. If both of those pass inspection, then call owner care to get you accout operating properly, both through the reservations system and the on-line system.

If you want to do a quick spot check on what the answers to the above are, call reservations first and try to book a vacation. The earlier poster is correct, you did not indicate if you has a fixed week, converted week, UDI, floating week, or Club Wyndham Access deed. If a problem exists, then this may affect what you have to do to fix any problems.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Avenue Plaza is a neat resort with its own set of rules..I dont own at a lot of resorts, so I cant say so for sure , but I think this place is unique in a lot of ways

Your first job is to make sure your deed is recorded (you should have a copy with the Orleans Parish sticker on it, You or your seller or the closing company you hired should have sent this off to the clerk office, with two checks, one for the Notarial Archives, and one for Conveyance Division..If you did it wrong or sent the wrong amount of money they will return it. Assuming it is recorded one of you should have sent a copy to Wyndham with a request to change their records..If you didnt send the $299 fee they wont do anything.

I assume this stuff was done because you got a bill..You should have an owner number on that bill

There are several timeshare systems operating out of Avenue Plaza...Worldmark has about 60 units, Wyndham points has several units (some are I thing unsold developer owned units that Wyndham got when they took over, and some the result of weeks owners that did a conversion to points) But the bulk of the units there are what I own and I assume you own ie floating weeks. There are also leased weeks, with an expiration date

How much was you maintenance fee bill , it it was $501 its a studio , if its $644 a one bedroom...if its neither of these ignoe my post...I dont know what you have.

If Im right your week is a deeded week and floats over 47 weeks (1-7 and 10-16 and 19-51) ..The black out weeks are Mardi Gras, the week before Mardi Gras, Jazz Fest and the Sugar Bowl. You will never get one of these event weeks with what you own, unless you are deeded, 8 or 9 or 16 or 17 or 52 (if you own Wyndham points, however, you have (except for Mardi Gras, a good chance for these

Call 800-225-3522 (option 2) they are open 7am-7pm central time, Monday -Friday.. Thats the reservation desk for Wyndham Weeks..The folks there will be able to tell you that they have your account in the system and be able to make a reservation for you, If you havent yet paid, they can take your payment too..These are nice folks eager to help, so I dont think you will have a problem ...but just in case, tell them I suggested you call. Unless they just hired someone new, they all know me. Ive made 25 reservation this year so far. They may think Im a pain in the neck but they have never failed to help me and my guests

Because this is a floating weeks resort it is possible that some owners if they wait too long to make a reservation will get shut out and get nothing...Thats not Wyndhams fault or Avenue Plazas fault, thats the nature of floating weeks. At Avenue Plaza , however the chances of getting shut out are greater than might be expected because they allow split weeks, check in any day, and a right to use week (for an extra mf paid)

with one week owned you can get 4 reservations... Its possible for example with your one week to have 4 units at the same time over a long weekend..You could host a party for 16 people for a Saints Game and walk to the Superdome. Or you could have a unit for The Essence Fest , Voodoo Fest, Thanksgiving and New Years, all with one week owned

To get maximum use of what you own you have to understand the rules. Send me a PM with your email address and Ill send you a copy

The secret here and at other floating weeks resorts is to pay your mf and reserve early

Last edited:

Dreaming3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ditto frustration

I too am having an awful time with the whole processing. As I was worried about it after reading some neg reviews about the place we purchased from I had my attorney email and fax copies of the recorded deed. That was the first week of Feb. He received confirmation all materials were received on Feb. 20. I called to double check, yep they said they had everything needed and it would be be 4 weeks for processing to call back. Did so last week Fri. and was told the materials were not received until March 6 and it would be 6 weeks for processing. I disagreed stated I had confirmation materials were received in Feb. oh boy then it was hold and hold and hold. Oh sorry you were misinformed it will be 8 weeks. Called again this week got told oh we just received the materials and it will be 6 weeks. AFter literally 57 minutes of multiple transfers and checking I was told oh yes this one deed was processed here is your member number lets set up your account. BUUUT, seems they assigned me the last owners member number which guess what glitches everything and yep it will be 7 to 10 days to get a new number. And even though both deeds were sent at the same time only one got processed the other will be another week to 10 days. Why, I asked? was there a problem oh no we only just received it. Sadly this purchase was something of a test, my DH likes to feel special i.e. he is willing to pay for perks. (yeah:() but because of how lousy Wyndham has been to work with and the multiple errors there is no way he will buy more through this company. The ease of Hilton processing makes this look like a joke.

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Wyndham is moving exceptionally slowly right now; I'm still waiting for them to finish transfer for a contract they received at the beginning of February.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hard to tell if you are upset with wyndham or the company you bought from, but in either case the processing is just a one time thing...when its done its done. And you can use what you bought.

My first Wyndham purchase was with a company that told me up front to expect 8-12 weeks to get the deed recorded, and another 8-12 weeks at Wyndham before I could use it...When the whole process only took 4 months from start to finish I was happy.

I too am having an awful time with the whole processing. As I was worried about it after reading some neg reviews about the place we purchased from I had my attorney email and fax copies of the recorded deed. That was the first week of Feb. He received confirmation all materials were received on Feb. 20. I called to double check, yep they said they had everything needed and it would be be 4 weeks for processing to call back. Did so last week Fri. and was told the materials were not received until March 6 and it would be 6 weeks for processing. I disagreed stated I had confirmation materials were received in Feb. oh boy then it was hold and hold and hold. Oh sorry you were misinformed it will be 8 weeks. Called again this week got told oh we just received the materials and it will be 6 weeks. AFter literally 57 minutes of multiple transfers and checking I was told oh yes this one deed was processed here is your member number lets set up your account. BUUUT, seems they assigned me the last owners member number which guess what glitches everything and yep it will be 7 to 10 days to get a new number. And even though both deeds were sent at the same time only one got processed the other will be another week to 10 days. Why, I asked? was there a problem oh no we only just received it. Sadly this purchase was something of a test, my DH likes to feel special i.e. he is willing to pay for perks. (yeah:() but because of how lousy Wyndham has been to work with and the multiple errors there is no way he will buy more through this company. The ease of Hilton processing makes this look like a joke.

Dreaming3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Finally sort of

So I got my bill from Wyndham today for the timeshare I purchased resale JAn. 6. Funny thing is still have not received member letter, welcome package etc. Logged on using the member number at the top of the bill. All was fine until I tried to book and could not. Nor could I access RCI. Seems there is still some glitch re that member number. Ironically customer service today had no problem giving me a member number for the other set of points over the phone and I could log in. Although again RCI error message was that we were not part of RCI. Customer service said they would try and correct that error. Again an error on their part. Its actually become kinda humorous. No error on part of the resale company but lots and lots on Wyndham's part. Wyndham admitted they are the ones that assigned the wrong member number, have failed to send the letter out, and encountered "a glitch" regarding RCI. The last customer service person tried to tell me it was all because I bought resale which adds an additional level of difficulty. Made me think he was a former salesman. Thank goodness all I paid was closing cost for the points. Just have to stay 4 nights and I'll break even on the whole thing. The last customer service staff said I should be able to access everything in 72 hours...or at least make reservations over the phone.

rrlongwell

Reaction score
... The last customer service person tried to tell me it was all because I bought resale ...

It appears you found a Wyndham person that told the truth. Wish you luck over the years with the label you have been given by Wyndham. For RCI, you are probably going to have to call them directly to have them set up your RCI account.

Last edited:

massvacationer

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
It appears you found a Wyndham person that told the truth. Wish you luck over the years with the label you have been given by Wyndham. For RCI, you are probably going to have to call them directly to have them set up your RCI account.

The above post by is incorrect. I own resale points and have had no issues whatsoever. I have been treated great by the resort staffs and have found that the folks at corporate Wyndham in the Finance, Title and reservations departments are usually competent and helpful. It is a large company with the accompanying bureaucracy, so it can take several calls and several different people to get some things done.

The resort staffs and Wyndham corporate folks rightfully do not differentiate between retail and resale ownerships, as all owners pay the same maintenance fees. The only folks who will make an issue of resale ownerships are the sales folks - and they do this to try to make resale owners feel inferior, so they will buy retail points.

The cost of additional benefits that retail VIP owners get are paid by the Sales Department to the VOA trust, which is the non-profit entity that administers the Wyndham reservation system. And, these payments can theoretically stop at any time, at which point all owners (resale and retail) will have exactly the same benefits.

OP: you need to call back and get a different customer service rep. Sometimes there are issues getting RCI memberships set-up. And, it can take longer than it takes to get your Wyndham Account set-up. Remember that you will probably need to talk to customer service at two different departments: RCI and Club Wyndham.

Resale points work great - and with prudent use you can avoid (or minimize) the "extra fees" that are referenced by some on this board, who tend to repeat things that they read (or are told by the sales folks) but have no direct experience with resale ownership. Also, points discounts (for reservations approx 7 weeks out or sooner) for some resorts with excess available units are available to resale owners as well - I have made three discounted reservations so far this year.

Last edited:
Reaction score
When I bought RESALE, I had issues with RCI. I e-mailed Wyndham, and it was corrected within a couple days. I think they do not set up RCI automatically with Resale, but ask and they will do it.

That is one issue with Resale, the other issue is not being VIP-eligible, but outside of those two, there is no difference between Resale and Resort (developer) purchases. There may be other perks that Resale are not eligible for, but as a Resale owner, I can do 90% what a Resort-purchased owner can do. Things like this (OP) are rare, but do happen. Wyndham is run by PEOPLE, and people do make mistakes.

TS

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I bought RESALE, I had issues with RCI. I e-mailed Wyndham, and it was corrected within a couple days. I think they do not set up RCI automatically with Resale, but ask and they will do it.

That is one issue with Resale, the other issue is not being VIP-eligible, but outside of those two, there is no difference between Resale and Resort (developer) purchases. There may be other perks that Resale are not eligible for, but as a Resale owner, I can do 90% what a Resort-purchased owner can do. Things like this (OP) are rare, but do happen. Wyndham is run by PEOPLE, and people do make mistakes.

TS

Although the op bought at a Wyndham resort, I dont think the bought in the points system...If Im right about that, In the ops case there is no difference between resale and retail

rrlongwell

Reaction score
Although the op bought at a Wyndham resort, I dont think the bought in the points system...If Im right about that, In the ops case there is no difference between resale and retail

If it is fixed or floating week, a real difference may be in converting to points, for an extra fee, the points may not become VIP Eligable points. Just as a sideline, another difference with-in the re-sale class of contracts is if the re-sale contract was bought through Wyndham or an affiliate if it was bought through others. If a re-sale contract is bought through Wyndham, et. al., it does not get a "re-sale" desgination as defined by Wyndham as most if not all of the benifits associated with any other direct Wyndham sale. My two best purchases were bought under this system.

Last edited:

rrlongwell

Reaction score
... The only folks who will make an issue of resale ownerships are the sales folks - and they do this to try to make resale owners feel inferior, so they will buy retail points ... are paid by the Sales Department to the VOA trust, which is the non-profit entity that administers the Wyndham reservation system ...

Remember that you will probably need to talk to customer service at two different departments: RCI and Club Wyndham ...
Thanks for making the point that was attributed to a member of the Corporate Wyndham (not the sales staff) pertaining to re-sale contracts and confirming the wise advise to contact RCI in addition to Wyndham for assistance in setting up the RCI account. I am assuming you have experienced the attempts by sales staff to make you fell inferior so you would buy retail points based on your posts.

Just so people are not mis-lead. Wyndham administers the reservation system for the points system and the Wyndham Management Company handles the ones for the Property Owners Association for the non-Wyndham points units (at least in the case of Westwinds). The trust has Wyndham as the Management Company that manages the reservations system, among other things.

Just a word to the wise, when setting up the RCI account from a re-sale purchase, both the seller and buy should be on the line with RCI to transfer the RCI weeks from the old account to the new account or they will just go unused if the seller does not use them.

In addition to the sales staff and the Coorporate Wyndham person that was made reference to, I have seen other references by owners/potiential owners on this issue.

Last edited:

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Wyndham is moving exceptionally slowly right now; I'm still waiting for them to finish transfer for a contract they received at the beginning of February.

Dealing with & waiting for Wyndham to acknowledge / change / verify ownership is a nightmare. It took nearly 7years (!) to get a simple name change correct on one of our two resale points packages. Plus they will seemingly accept a "flawed" deed IF it seems to be to their benefit (as in a delinquent ownership will start paying fees) but when that same deed is used to resell to a new owner they will "find" tiny issues (down to a misspelled word) and, after taking 6-8 weeks to "review" it) decline acceptance starting the whole drawn out process over again.

Fortunately you only have to deal with this group during a sale process - otherwise they don't affect the ownership. Avoid them and sales and you are dealing with the good parts of Wyndham. We always found the reservations and resort (non-sales) personnel to be top notch & willing to help. Except for the always possible changes in operational terms, costs and procedures that never favor the owner, once you have your account & can just use it the Wyndham system is a very rich one and a great value at resale. During any purchase/sale the seller/buyer need to work together to ensure time isn't lost and someone is designated to either bank or use any points that are likely to fall in that often drawn out process.

Hope you you enjoy your Wyndham points as much as we enjoyed ours over 15+ years.

Dreaming3

TUG Member
Reaction score
And another oops

In the past week I have received three phone calls each assuring me that in 72 hours the following would happen. That I would receive a correct user name instead of having *** show up as user on my account, that the two accounts would be merged, and the rci account assigned (it was already assigned to a different member-could have booked under his name and with his points but figured that would make him mad) would be corrected. I have two number accounts (one of which is actually assigned to a different owner but I can access with a password) two rci's-ditto problem. And there is still no change. I have been told I can reserve through wyndham. But, not all the points, that I could deposit into RCI but won't be able to access the points until the issue of membership numbers is resolved. And yesterday another call it will be yep you guessed it 72 hours to get things corrected. I have received two bills with two member numbers and was informed by billing I must pay them by the 18th regardless of having account access or being able to reserve. Sadly we bought this for glacier because my sons illness prevents us from flying we needed something close. We had hope to book for sept-nov and when I was given the first wrong member number there were still dates that could be used. But I couldn't book by phone or net because of the number/owner issue. Guess it wouldn't bother me so much except that I know others whose contracts went through in 4 to 6 weeks and ours is going on twice that.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Ok let me say a couple of things.

1) Deeding are hopeless slow and backup, expecially on resales.
2) Finance will send bills quickly, but are not good at explaining the processes and where they got the figures from.
3) It will take a dance of contacting the right people and getting the right information, at the right time. They will tell you they just got it, well they just may have it at their attention, but it could have been sitting on a desk for days or weeks.

OK, now for the good part.....

When all is said and done, the product of Wyndham is great, expecially the points program.

So I love the product but hate all the admin, sales, and finance. Thankfully once you are registered and start paying the bills, all other things become easier.

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok let me say a couple of things.

1) Deeding are hopeless slow and backup, expecially on resales.
2) Finance will send bills quickly, but are not good at explaining the processes and where they got the figures from.
3) It will take a dance of contacting the right people and getting the right information, at the right time. They will tell you they just got it, well they just may have it at their attention, but it could have been sitting on a desk for days or weeks.

OK, now for the good part.....

When all is said and done, the product of Wyndham is great, expecially the points program.

So I love the product but hate all the admin, sales, and finance. Thankfully once you are registered and start paying the bills, all other things become easier.

Let's be pragmatic about points program and VOI Trust that administers. At 60 days Wyndham can steal 90% of inventory and 100% at 30 days.

The Trust is supposed to be administered by 7 Directors, yet Wyndham has kept control with its 3 executive/dictators running for its benefit!(See Bill Spearman article in April 2010 TimeSharing Today)

Around a year ago Wyndham increased ownership change recording charge from $100 to $299. Unlike virtually all condo associations where there is a $50 to $150 charge for this mundane task that goes to HOA as income, Wyndham pockets. Given it probably takes a $10.00 an hour data entry clerk a few minutes this is unconsciouable and legal robbery.

The long delay in processing is pure and simple harrassing and frustrating resale buyers.

Instead of recognizing resales are a fact of life and capitalizing on Wyndham has chosen to fight with all its resources. Think Kodak, Montgomery Ward, GM, post office, buggy whip maker, Henry Ford (fortunately whiz kids saved him), corner grocery store, pony express, full service gas station, DOC who made house calls, etc.

Last edited:

rrlongwell

Reaction score
... I have received two bills with two member numbers and was informed by billing I must pay them by the 18th regardless of having account access or being able to reserve ...

First I have seen a comment from the person involved on alleged double billing from Wyndham for the same timeshare. The seller's account must pay and the buyer's account must pay. This would not surprise me though in light of more general (not related necessarily to Wyndham) to comments that Management companies etc. may go after both seller and buyers on issues of liability for the re-sale timeshare(s) involved. If you want the timeshare, I would talk to an attorney and see if both demands for payment should be payed by the 18th as directed and immediately file with the Better Business Bureau of Central Flordia and/or appropriate State authorities in the state the timeshare is in. It is not impossable that payment of the maintance fees under either account would update both.

This issue may very well become a growing concern that involves a re-sale purchase.

If a closing company that is licensed in the state the resort was in was used, they may be able to assist. It appears the closing did not successfully conclude.

Last edited:

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I still love the product and the flexibility with points. Most people who do know how to use Wyndham are not perpetually frustrated, only frustrated when billing issues arise, and they yet again change the rules.