• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The Best AT&T Phones

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
The Best AT&T Phones - by Alex Colon/ PCMag.com

"Now that you've chosen AT&T as your carrier, it's time to pick a phone. Luckily, AT&T has a plethora of choices—especially if you're looking for a touch-screen smartphone.

But with so many options, and so many phones with unique capabilities, it can be tough to make a decision. And with most users signing up for two-year contracts, you certainly don't want to get stuck with a dud..."

Richard

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
The best AT&T choice is to move to a different carrier. The phones are not the "duds" the primitive network with only 4 limited areas of highly metered 4g is the real problem. Even Sprint is a better choice.

persia

Reaction score
Hands down the choice for me would be the iPhone 4S or the Samsung Galaxy Note. I absolutely love the screen size of the Note, it's almost a tablet. And the S pen is really neat for taking notes or drawing.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, we'll see how this works out. I have an old (5+yrs) Windows 5 phone. I dropped my AT&T data plan back when that was an option, knowing that if I ever reinstate it, I'm married to it.

SIL works at MS, and got for himself and his mom (DW) Samsung Focus phones.

Last week I came across a new (not refurb) Focus- unlocked. No contract and not tied to any carrier. It isn't here yet- I expect it in the next day or 2, but my plan is to just keep it on our wi-fi network. So it will be a not-so-smartphone. After all DW has hers fully functional. I have no quarrel with activating data, but frankly, I'm a tightwad. If I don't find it worthwhile, I'd as soon keep the almost $1 a day in my own pocket.

Jim

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
How about a non-smart phone? Any recommendations?

If your needs are modest, how about a pay-as-you-go phone? You can 'port' your old number to it in most places and you aren't tied to any carrier. You always know how many minutes you have and they can be easily purchased online or right from the phone.

Jim

Pat H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brigantine
If your needs are modest, how about a pay-as-you-go phone? You can 'port' your old number to it in most places and you aren't tied to any carrier. You always know how many minutes you have and they can be easily purchased online or right from the phone.

Jim

It's my only phone so I need a regular contract. My kids also text me a lot. I get a big discount thru my ex-employer. I don't have any problems with AT&T.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
How about a non-smart phone? Any recommendations?

For 8 or 9 years I had a Samsung clamshell. When the battery died I had to replace it as the battery was part of the phone itself (not replacable). I went to Best Buy and bought an AT&T GO phone, the Samsung clamshell model, for $10; swithched the SIM card from my old phone to the GO phone and was back in business. This was about 6 months ago. No problems to date.

George

hypnotiq

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, we'll see how this works out. I have an old (5+yrs) Windows 5 phone. I dropped my AT&T data plan back when that was an option, knowing that if I ever reinstate it, I'm married to it.

SIL works at MS, and got for himself and his mom (DW) Samsung Focus phones.

Last week I came across a new (not refurb) Focus- unlocked. No contract and not tied to any carrier. It isn't here yet- I expect it in the next day or 2, but my plan is to just keep it on our wi-fi network. So it will be a not-so-smartphone. After all DW has hers fully functional. I have no quarrel with activating data, but frankly, I'm a tightwad. If I don't find it worthwhile, I'd as soon keep the almost $1 a day in my own pocket.

Jim

Wow. Do you like being punished continously if you're still using WM5? :)

I work @ MS but I'm on Verizon, so I was disappointed I couldnt get the Focus because its a great phone. Ill be shocked if you dont love it.

I have the Trophy through Verizon. It's does the job but its no Focus or N900. However, its not worth me going back to ATT to get it. :)

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
For 8 or 9 years I had a Samsung clamshell. When the battery died I had to replace it as the battery was part of the phone itself (not replacable). I went to Best Buy and bought an AT&T GO phone, the Samsung clamshell model, for $10; swithched the SIM card from my old phone to the GO phone and was back in business. This was about 6 months ago. No problems to date.

George

DH is very happy with my hand-me-down Samsung clamshell. I'll have to tell him about your inexpensive "upgrade"!