• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

eBay Auction -- MOC Lahaina 2BR OF?

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
All,

I saw a 2BR on eBay auction recently that was an OF -- but I don't see it now. I thought it had a number of additional days to run but perhaps it was pulled early -- last high bid was $10K - $12K with 8 days to go.

Did a TUGger negotiate an early buy-out of the auction? I was really hoping it would make it to the end to see where it ended up.

I would appreciate if anyone saw how it ended. Thanks!

Greg

toddc2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ocean Club
I had a bid on this unit and was notified via eBay that the seller had pulled the listing, no explanation. It's interesting that the reserve was lifted when i bid $10k.

gblotter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mountainside x 2
Maui Ocean Club x 2
Ko Olina Beach Club x 1
I was watching that eBay listing as well.

The auction ended prematurely with a notice saying "item is no longer available".

I suspect the seller found a buyer outside eBay.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Can someone send me a PM with the auction link? I'd like to contact the seller to see how much the outside sale was? Unfortunately, I wasn't watching it (what was I thinking!!).

I'm curious if it sold in the $20s -- I've not seen an OF advertised on redweek below low-$30s, and this one may be the first to go.

Thx very much!

Greg

Time2Buy

Reaction score
Can someone send me a PM with the auction link? I'd like to contact the seller to see how much the outside sale was? Unfortunately, I wasn't watching it (what was I thinking!!).

I'm curious if it sold in the $20s -- I've not seen an OF advertised on redweek below low-$30s, and this one may be the first to go.

Thx very much!

Greg

GregT,

Here's the link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2BR-LOCKOFF-MARRIOTTS-MAUI-OCEAN-CLUB-OCEANFRONT-TIMESHARE-/230745105197?pt=Timeshares&hash=item35b97ae32d

Please let us know what you find out from the seller.

Thanks,

Greg

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Is this a good deal? To me it seems like a great deal..

Yes, I think this is a great deal -- the first OF that I am aware of below $30K . I never did hear back from the seller on what the first one sold for.

We will see what comes in the days ahead....

Best,

Greg

LAX Mom

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, I think this is a great deal -- the first OF that I am aware of below $30K . I never did hear back from the seller on what the first one sold for.

We will see what comes in the days ahead....

Best,

Greg

How much do the ocean view & mountain view go for at this property (Lahaina & Napili towers)?

gblotter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mountainside x 2
Maui Ocean Club x 2
Ko Olina Beach Club x 1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290678160085

Incredible price for the seller at $28,200. It's hard to believe that any timeshare still sells for this kind of money.
The price simply indicates a highly desirable week at a highly desirable resort. Although I'm sure the seller must be quite pleased with this price, it still reflects a dramatic reduction compared to what was originally paid to the developer. It is worth whatever someone is willing to pay - no more, no less.

Given the difficulties reported on this forum of owners not being able to successfully reserve floating weeks in the Lahaina/Napili towers, I hope the buyer of this week is ultimately satisfied with their purchase.

Last edited:

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
this one closes tonight in three hours from now...bid at $8500.00 2bd3ba OF even EOY

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MARRIOTTS-M...40713294109?pt=Timeshares&hash=item20c32a791d

This ended $9150 (closing included). That is a great price IMHO for bi-annual 2/3 MOC OF.

The new 2 BDRM OF units are truly amazing and I'd love to add one to our portfolio but the prices for us are still very high for what you can get an original 2BDRM OF for.

Comparing prices in these recent transactions $29k for a new vs $17,650 (prorated full year MOC) is a big difference in price. I was in it at $21k for the new but the price just took off. We turned our attention to the EOY and put the first $8500 bid in and it held up.

These MOC OF still rent like gangbusters so it will fit nicely in our portfolio.

I'll sell one probably one of my units to add this one but we'll see as I hate to sell anything that is still productive for me and all of ours are.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All,

For a relative "value", Starwood has been exercising ROFR on WKORNV OFs below 25K.

Westin has higher MFs so 28K for the MOC Lahaina appears consistent with market.

This is the first below 30K I've seen - interesting stuff!

Best,

Greg

mike2200

TUG Member
Reaction score
This ended $9150 (closing included). That is a great price IMHO for bi-annual 2/3 MOC OF.

The new 2 BDRM OF units are truly amazing and I'd love to add one to our portfolio but the prices for us are still very high for what you can get an original 2BDRM OF for.

Comparing prices in these recent transactions $29k for a new vs $17,650 (prorated full year MOC) is a big difference in price. I was in it at $21k for the new but the price just took off. We turned our attention to the EOY and put the first $8500 bid in and it held up.

These MOC OF still rent like gangbusters so it will fit nicely in our portfolio.

I'll sell one probably one of my units to add this one but we'll see as I hate to sell anything that is still productive for me and all of ours are.

congrats! Good purchase!!! :clap: :clap:

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
All,

For a relative "value", Starwood has been exercising ROFR on WKORNV OFs below 25K.

Westin has higher MFs so 28K for the MOC Lahaina appears consistent with market.

This is the first below 30K I've seen - interesting stuff!

Best,

Greg

Most 2 BDRM OFs Marriott platinum or gold are and always will be in high demand. Any of them old or new are hot commodities so I will continue to buy them if I can get them at good prices.

The problem with the new is they are just still so pricey but its what the market commands. We only see the ebay price point. Its a guarantee the average resale price is higher. Very few get to ebay because those are the desperate ones looking to get out. The other sellers are patiently waiting for a price and probably getting 10-20% more.

I know what the Grande Ocean OF market is like from both sides. A unit that I owned sold for $18k ( I only got $13.5K) while at the same time I was buying 2 of the same off ebay for $7500 each. I'm confident the same holds true with other prime OFs.

gblotter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mountainside x 2
Maui Ocean Club x 2
Ko Olina Beach Club x 1

Congrats Joe - great price!

I see that usage starts in 2012. Did the seller have a good week reserved for you this year? Can I also assume that you need to pay the 2012 maintenance fees?

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Congrats Joe - great price!

I see that usage starts in 2012. Did the seller have a good week reserved for you this year? Can I also assume that you need to pay the 2012 maintenance fees?

The seller has a early Dec week that I'll be able to do something with but not the best. I'm just happy to get another OF in my portfolio.