• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

TUG get-together in Las Vegas

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
On the long thread about whether or not Tuggers are getting more cranky, there is discussion about a TUG get-together. On the outside chance that anyone hasn't been involved in that thread but might be interested in a get-together, I thought it might be good to start a separate thread.

I'm proposing the weekend of April 21 because there's a concert in town that might be of interest--The Eagles at the MGM Grand. I just got our tickets for it today.

Right now I'm thinking it could be just a social gathering for a meal somewhere--maybe lunch on the day of the concert--or something the next day. Depending on interest, there are any number of things we could plan in addition to a meal together.

If this doesn't work out for you, I live here, so I'm always up for meeting Tuggers whenever they come to Las Vegas. It has always been a fun experience. :hi:

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
So far we don't have a conflict on that date, and we are just a days' drive up the road, and Eagles is a darn good reason to go as well as meeting more TUGgers. (Last time we did this was for an Eric Clapton concert in the same venue) I'll check if there's a Last Call or rental for a long weekend thereabouts.

Jim

momeason

TUG Member
Reaction score
On the long thread about whether or not Tuggers are getting more cranky, there is discussion about a TUG get-together. On the outside chance that anyone hasn't been involved in that thread but might be interested in a get-together, I thought it might be good to start a separate thread.

I'm proposing the weekend of April 21 because there's a concert in town that might be of interest--The Eagles at the MGM Grand. I just got our tickets for it today.

Right now I'm thinking it could be just a social gathering for a meal somewhere--maybe lunch on the day of the concert--or something the next day. Depending on interest, there are any number of things we could plan in addition to a meal together.

We will be in LV that weekend. Sounds like a great idea. We will arrive on Sunday, the 16th for the week at the Marriott Grand Chateau. Thanks for the heads up on The Eagles. I loved them in HS and College. Do they still have it?
My fav song is " The Best of My Love " I last saw them live in the late 70's.
If this doesn't work out for you, I live here, so I'm always up for meeting Tuggers whenever they come to Las Vegas. It has always been a fun experience. :hi:

We will be in LV that weekend. Sounds like a great idea. We will arrive on Sunday, the 16th for the week at the Marriott Grand Chateau. Thanks for the heads up on The Eagles. I loved them in HS and College. Do they still have it?
Do you know any source for discount tickets or will we just be lucky to get any? Links?

Last edited:

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Off-topic: I met Don Henley at a small, intimate book-signing-type event in the early 90s. He signed a book for myself and one for my college roommate, who couldn't come. This is how he signed both of them, after we had about a 20 minute conversation:

"Dear [Name],
I love you madly!
Love,
Don"

It makes for a nice trivia question for those "human bingo" games that seem ubiquitous in my field. :eek:

Alas, I have never seen him or any of the Eagles perform. :(

Back to your regularly-scheduled thread....

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Very cool! Yes, they still have it! Here's one of my favorite songs. And here's another one.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

hefleycatz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, they still have it. Saw them at Busch Stadium in St. Louis a couple years ago. Great concert. We will be there in June, oh well. :(

lee

ciscogizmo1

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Shadow Ridge, Timber Lodge & Waiohai
Westin: Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Villas
Disney: Beach Club Villas & Bay Lake Towers
Wow... I must be out of the loop on concert prices but the Eagles sure command a lot for their seats!

UWSurfer

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Awe shucks...

I'll be there the week prior to that on business from April 12 - 17.

Go figure.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow... I must be out of the loop on concert prices but the Eagles sure command a lot for their seats!

Right. And if your butt is really gonna use the seat, you are too old to enjoy the show. I can foresee being so hoarse as to not be able to carry on a conversation for at least a day afterwards.

Jim

momeason

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just bought our tickets for the Eagles. Yes, the prices are high. Our room at the Marriott for the week costs less. I have never been in this venue. Tell me it isn't really big. We are in the upper section, dead center..section 201.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's pretty big. Not football stadium big, but bigger than most basketball venues I've seen- and the stage is at one end. They have Jumbotrons and when we saw Eric Clapton there we were near where you describe. I was glad we brought some small binoculars.

Jim

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Here's a seating chart for the venue. We're in section 215. You will be within walking distance to the MGM from the Marriott.

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Right. And if your butt is really gonna use the seat, you are too old to enjoy the show. I can foresee being so hoarse as to not be able to carry on a conversation for at least a day afterwards.

Jim

My derriére would use the seat and I would be really unhappy if it couldn't because people in front of me were standing and blocking my view. I guess this wouldn't be a concert for me!

PJ

ciscogizmo1

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Shadow Ridge, Timber Lodge & Waiohai
Westin: Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Villas
Disney: Beach Club Villas & Bay Lake Towers
Trust me I love the Eagles in fact my wedding song is from the Eagles: Love will Keep us Alive. When I saw you were going to see the Eagles my eyes lit up. I just might have to bit the bullet and go though...

I think the venue can hold up to 16,000 people. Pretty big if you ask me.

dmharris

TUG Member
Reaction score
This sounds great! However we vacationed in January and going in March so we cannot justify the cost and time away from business in April! :-( Darn it!

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is so tempting. I would love to see them in concert.

momeason

TUG Member
Reaction score
So I am getting excited about Vegas. Are we going to have a get-together?

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So I am getting excited about Vegas. Are we going to have a get-together?
I'm always available. If we get together on April 21 (day of Eagles concert), we could meet for lunch. Maybe Memphis Barbecue on Warm Springs?

momeason

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm always available. If we get together on April 21 (day of Eagles concert), we could meet for lunch. Maybe Memphis Barbecue on Warm Springs?

That day is fine, but I have a gluten allergy. I called the restaurant and they cannot accommodate my allergy. there are a lot of restaurants that I can eat at. I will post a few choices a little later tonight if that is okay.:ponder:

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That day is fine, but I have a gluten allergy. I called the restaurant and they cannot accommodate my allergy. there are a lot of restaurants that I can eat at. I will post a few choices a little later tonight if that is okay.:ponder:
Absolutely! I'm always up for trying a new place.

momeason

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here are some places I have eaten and some where I have checked out the menu.

1. Roy's on Flamingo- great but a little expensive
2. Lazy Joe's Fish and Chips- very small if we are having a crowd, but they fry in Corn Flour..we love it..fried food I can eat. We will eat there while we are in LV, probably 2 times
3. P.F. Chang's
4. Outback Steakhouse
5. Chipotle
6. Jason's Deli

Places I have checked out, but not tried
1. Sammy's Wood fired pizza
2. East West Pizzeria
3. Mark Rich's NY pizza-highly recommended
4. Wynn buffet or restaurants
5. In and Out Burger
6. Pei-Wei
7. Mix zone Cafe

Anything on the list sound good? I can find more if I need to.
We will be on the strip but we have a car. Some of the above have more than one location. You are the LV expert so you can pick.

We live outside a small town. I love having so many choices when we go to large cities. Even Sedona has a lot of good gluten free choices.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Here are some places I have eaten and some where I have checked out the menu.

1. Roy's on Flamingo- great but a little expensive
2. Lazy Joe's Fish and Chips- very small if we are having a crowd, but they fry in Corn Flour..we love it..fried food I can eat. We will eat there while we are in LV, probably 2 times
3. P.F. Chang's
4. Outback Steakhouse
5. Chipotle
6. Jason's Deli

Places I have checked out, but not tried
1. Sammy's Wood fired pizza
2. East West Pizzeria
3. Mark Rich's NY pizza-highly recommended
4. Wynn buffet or restaurants
5. In and Out Burger
6. Pei-Wei
7. Mix zone Cafe

Anything on the list sound good? I can find more if I need to.
We will be on the strip but we have a car. Some of the above have more than one location. You are the LV expert so you can pick.

We live outside a small town. I love having so many choices when we go to large cities. Even Sedona has a lot of good gluten free choices.

I like Chipotle and Jason's Deli from the first group. I haven't tried Sammy's Woodfired Pizza, but the location would be good.

momeason

TUG Member
Reaction score
I like Chipotle and Jason's Deli from the first group. I haven't tried Sammy's Woodfired Pizza, but the location would be good.

Any of those would be fine with me. I also like Chipotle and Jason's Deli. Which Sammy's location, there is more than one.
My DH would vote for pizza with Jason's Deli in second place.
Any other votes? Who can come?

Fern said she would come if she is feeling up to it.