• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

This is the reason why I love my Timeshare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Just traded into II for a 2 bedrooms oceanfront at the Royal Sands Week 17 for 3000 points. Bringing the whole family this time! Just came back from the Royal Sands week 4 with DH and loved every minute of it!:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I love exchanging thru II - You have to be patient and know what you're looking for. I found most of my exchanges early mornings. However, when you find something good, if you don't book it right away... Poof it's gone!

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score

I love exchanging thru II - You have to be patient and know what you're looking for. I found most of my exchanges early mornings. However, when you find something good, if you don't book it right away... Poof it's gone!

this should be okay. don't you have 24 hours from booking to get a full refund if you decide to cancel?

Reaction score
Yes, you have 24 hours to either amend the exchange or cancel... after if you want to change anything to the reservation, you have to pay the same fee as when you booked.

And what's with the Ohh boy dioxyde45???

Last edited:

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just traded into II for a 2 bedrooms oceanfront at the Royal Sands Week 17 for 3000 points. Bringing the whole family this time! Just came back from the Royal Sands week 4 with DH and loved every minute of it!:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I agree, exchanging through II is great. The cost to acquire those points vs. purchasing weeks via resale...well maybe not so much.

Reaction score
And... to Dioxide45???? What is your point????

sb2313

TUG Member
Reaction score
And... to Dioxide45???? What is your point????

If you read it, you'll understand. It was a great thread idea and unfortunately it went downhill fast. Your thread title just gave a sense of deja vu. Not that you did anything wrong at all of course and congrats on your exchange.

Last edited:
Reaction score
lol I get it now dioxide45... Wow how one post can cause some stir!

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Renelle,

Good for you -- I'm very happy you got your trade and will be going to Royal Sands -- that's on "the list" of places to visit.

Today, I am also loving my Timeshares -- all of them.

We've had a great six day stretch here at HHV -- this is a great great spot for DW and me to come -- close to shops and restaurants, nice jogging path in the morning (for DW) and walking neighborhoods (for me).

It's funny, during our trip we keep comparing HHV to MOC -- and they are both absolutely terrific but for different reasons --- HHV may be right for just DW and me, but MOC rocks for the family vacation and all those great memories (I definitely have a soft spot for MOC -- as per my other thread)

Congrats again on your good trade into Royal Sands!

Best,

Greg

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
Enjoy! We loved the Royal Sands too. A little different than Marriotts, both a little plus and a little minus; the service there is impeccable and it is easy to understand why you are looking forward to returning. Just so you know, sometimes you can purchase Getaways there for great prices too.

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does Royal Sands go by another name? Google only turns up one in Cancun.

Glad you enjoyed your trip!

Reaction score
Royal Sands is in Cancun!!

rthib

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does Royal Sands go by another name? Google only turns up one in Cancun.

Go look in the II Resort Directory under Cancun.
The Royal Sands
Cancún, Quintana Roo, Mexico - A Royal Resort

or Right here on TUG in the Resort Database

Reaction score
We love the Royal Sands. We've stayed their twice, once before the hurricanes and once after. The stay after there wasn't much of a beach left like it used to be. I wonder if the beach has gotten bigger in front of the Royal Sands, any comments?

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is really an odd thread for the Marriott forum. Almost belongs in the Mexico forum.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
This is really an odd thread for the Marriott forum. Almost belongs in the Mexico forum.

I get the impression that the OP wants to tell us about using purchased Marriott DC Points for an II exchange to a non-Marriott resort. It'll be great if more folks who purchased DC Points start coming to the Marriott board on TUG and sharing what they know. :)

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Renelle,

Thanks again for sharing the DC points trade experience for us. I am hopeful that II/Dclub one day implementd a discounted points requirement if within 60 days (I think you're outside of this but it will be nice when they do)

I know Asia Pacific points program allows flex trades at a reduced rare - a logical addition for II/Dclub.

Congrats again!

Best,

Greg

Last edited:

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe

Congratulations on your trade. We traded into Royal Sands and really enjoyed the resort, the unit and the area. I can still see in mind the view of the pool area from the lobby and looking over it to the beautiful ocean water beyond. Great memories. Have a great time.

Reaction score
To oceanpointeman: Yes the beach was restored after the hurricane (I think Welma) and it's really nice. I'm just learning here so I'm not sure how to copy someone else's post. Also, I usually don't post replies, but I've been reading quite a few posts... very interesting and useful.

Last edited:

jdunn1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello AcadianTravellers. Can't believe no one else has suggested this to you, but if you do not already own another timeshare, I would suggest buying something else (a Marriott, maybe) on the resale market for trading in II. Trading in II with DC points is very expensive. For example, your trade cost 1.5k in DC dues. If you owned a lock-off unit at any of the lock-off Marriott resorts, you could have easily booked the Royal Sands week you just posted about with the studio portion of your unit and the cost would have been around $500 in dues, plus the II trade fee of $149 or so. If you owned a cheaper timeshare than Marriott, (i.e. WorldMark) this trade would have been even less.

I'm happy for you, just I see from your trade history, you might be using DC points to do a lot of trading in II. Using DC points to trade in II so soooo expensive, but I get that a lot of people don't care and like the ease of using DC points. As an ex DVC member, I get how the ease of a points system is worth a premium price, just I thought you might like to know there are MUCH cheaper ways to trade in II.

To oceanpointeman: Yes the beach was restored after the hurricane (I think Welma) and it's really nice. I'm just learning here so I'm not sure how to copy someone else's post. Also, I usually don't post replies, but I've been reading quite a few posts... very interesting and useful.

Reaction score

Click the "Quote" button on the persons post you want to copy. Thanks for the info on the status of the beach. I was there about year after the last hurricane and the beach in front of Royal Sands was very small. In fact, if you started to walk towards the Ritz Carlton the beach was completely gone. I'm hoping by now that they've restored the beach to pre-hurricane levels.

rthib

TUG Member
Reaction score
Renelle,

Thanks again for sharing the DC points trade experience for us. I am hopeful that II/Dclub one day implementd a discounted points requirement if within 60 days (I think you're outside of this but it will be nice when they do)

While not 60 days, there is a discount for 7 and 14 days depending on DC status

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score

chunkygal

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BWV 215 pts

MVC Kauai, Wioahai

Enrolled in DC
I would love to hear about Mexican resorts. I have no experience and want one that is über luxe. And upscale .