• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2012 ] Question re: SBA Legal

cag1970

Reaction score
I got something in the mail today from a group called SBA Legal. They claim that although they are not a law firm, they provide licensed attorneys who specialize in the cancellation of misrepresented timeshare contracts and seek reimbursement of all payments made by such timeshare clients. The address listed for them on the mailer is 2200 Pennsylvania Ave NW, 4th Floor, in Washington, DC, with a telephone number 1-888-557-1173. What's most interesting is that the US Postage permit, for Standard Presorted Mail, lists as Permit 1297, out of Sacramento, California. Equally curious is that they spelled my name wrong (my last name is also listed as my first name).

Anyone have any experience with these guys? I smell scam here.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
SCAM alert

I got something in the mail today from a group called SBA Legal. They claim that although they are not a law firm, they provide licensed attorneys who specialize in the cancellation of misrepresented timeshare contracts and seek reimbursement of all payments made by such timeshare clients. The address listed for them on the mailer is 2200 Pennsylvania Ave NW, 4th Floor, in Washington, DC, with a telephone number 1-888-557-1173. What's most interesting is that the US Postage permit, for Standard Presorted Mail, lists as Permit 1297, out of Sacramento, California. Equally curious is that they spelled my name wrong (my last name is also listed as my first name).

I smell scam too. Nothing on the web for SBA Legal (no website or any postings about the company) Their phone number has ZERO hits in Google. Reverse lookup for their phone number comes up with nothing. As far as the internet is concerned, THEY SIMPLY DO NOT EXIST. Who in this day and age can run a successful, and legit, business WITHOUT an internet presence?

My guess? They JUST started their scam operation and are so eager to start stealing money that they got going before they made up their fake website, fake testimonials, etc...

jerseygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would send a copy to the Attorney General in your state (hopefully Florida or one of the other aggressive states!).

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
http://www.regus.com/DC/virtualoffices/dc.html

Looking for virtual offices in DC

District Of Columbia, Washington - 2200 Pennsylvania
2200 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W.​

4th Floor​

Washington, District of Columbia 20037-1701​

United States​

• Use one of our great addresses as your own
  • Let us answer your calls and handle your messages
  • Use meeting rooms and offices when you need them
  • All virtually! No need for a full time office
Virtual Office - Combine a great address and personalised phone answering together for the ultimate package.

Telephone Answering - We'll professionally answer your calls in your company name and handle your messages too.

Mailbox Plus - A prestigious address and we'll handle your post as well.

Virtual Office Plus - 40 hours of private office use a month included at your chosen location

http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-800-997-6911

Last edited:

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
http://www.regus.com/DC/virtualoffices/dc.html

Looking for virtual offices in DC

District Of Columbia, Washington - 2200 Pennsylvania
2200 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W.​

4th Floor​

Washington, District of Columbia 20037-1701​

United States​

• Use one of our great addresses as your own
  • Let us answer your calls and handle your messages
  • Use meeting rooms and offices when you need them
  • All virtually! No need for a full time office
Virtual Office - Combine a great address and personalised phone answering together for the ultimate package.

Telephone Answering - We'll professionally answer your calls in your company name and handle your messages too.

Mailbox Plus - A prestigious address and we'll handle your post as well.

Virtual Office Plus - 40 hours of private office use a month included at your chosen location

http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-800-997-6911

I think that SBA Legal can now officially be called a SCAM. Virtual office, Voice over Internet Phone, nothing on the web. This company, I believe, intentionally took the name "SBA" Legal because they knew a search would bring in so many "Small Business Administration" links that anything related to their company would simply be lost in jumble.

kevint85

Reaction score
Permit

I received a mailer from this same permit imprint #1297. But it was for an extended warranty for our car.....