• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Transfer fee for Wyndham Ave. Plaza

funtime

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We just sold our Wyndham Ave Plaza in New Orleans but we do not know what Wyndham charges for transfer fees. Anyone sold or purchased one of these lately? Thanks.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own several of these

$299 is right...same as every other Wyndham transfer

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
We just sold our Wyndham Ave Plaza in New Orleans but we do not know what Wyndham charges for transfer fees. Anyone sold or purchased one of these lately? Thanks.

Might you be asking about closing costs? Wyndham transfer fees are the same regardless of jurisdiction. Closing in New Orleans requires an attorney, which means they have monopoly power, which they readily use.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Might you be asking about closing costs? Wyndham transfer fees are the same regardless of jurisdiction. Closing in New Orleans requires an attorney, which means they have monopoly power, which they readily use.

Jim

Ive done do-it-yourself closings here..no attorney.. Filing fees are high, I think, but as I recall, under $200

ttt

TUG Member
Reaction score
A "Cash Sale" deed has big filing fees, over $350., but if you can accept a Quit Claim deed, the filing fees are MUCH less.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
A "Cash Sale" deed has big filing fees, over $350., but if you can accept a Quit Claim deed, the filing fees are MUCH less.

Except for intra-family transfers, I would not recommend a grantee taking a quit claim deed. A quit claim merely transfers to the grantee whatever interest the grantor has in the property. If the grantor has no interest, the grantee receives nothing. If title is clouded, it will still be clouded. If you want free and clear title, you want a warranty deed.

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Except for intra-family transfers, I would not recommend a grantee taking a quit claim deed. A quit claim merely transfers to the grantee whatever interest the grantor has in the property. If the grantor has no interest, the grantee receives nothing. If you want free and clear title, you want a warranty deed.

I disagree especially for the low cost stuff.....Even if its a warranty deed, the one that warrants it is the seller. and if they dont have clear title, neither will you, in spite of their warranty. Unless you go the extra step and buy a title insurance policy there is still no guarantee...And all a title policy guarantees is your money back (they will try and clear the title if they can...but the policy and the guarantee is for what you paid)

As long as I can use the place, I really dont care if I dont have clear title

funtime

TUG Member
Reaction score
recording fees for Wyndham, New Orleans

I successfully recorded our warranty deed without an attorney. The fees were high. Recording was $38, Building fund was $30 and $300 to sity of New Orleans for doc. transfer tax.