• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Selling Inquiry

Wofat1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Advice from you more experienced Tuggers please! I am interested in selling my [timeshare.] I submitted an inquiry to sellingtimeshares.net, who I understand from TUG is one of the more reputable companies to list your timeshare with. I gave them my information on the property and within minutes received a call saying they could get me a contract to sell within a few days. They said my unit would sell for $2000 less their commission. I promptly questioned what other fees I would be responsible for (closing costs,etc.) and was told that the buyer paid those and that I would get a check for the $2000 less $750 commission. No upfront fees were mentioned and they would get me a contract within a few days. Granted, I have never tried to sell any of my weeks but this just seemed too easy. Yes, clearing $1250 would be great as I just need to dispose of this week as we no longer use it but from what I have read on TUG there are a LOT of scammers ready to take advantage of situations like mine. Does anyone know much about this company? Where did they come up with $2000? I expected to list the week for an asking price and then consider offers that would come in. Thank you all for any advice you can give me on this!!

Last edited by a moderator:

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Advice from you more experienced Tuggers please! I am interested in selling my [timeshare.] I submitted an inquiry to sellingtimeshares.net, who I understand from TUG is one of the more reputable companies to list your timeshare with. I gave them my information on the property and within minutes received a call saying they could get me a contract to sell within a few days. They said my unit would sell for $2000 less their commission. I promptly questioned what other fees I would be responsible for (closing costs,etc.) and was told that the buyer paid those and that I would get a check for the $2000 less $750 commission. No upfront fees were mentioned and they would get me a contract within a few days. Granted, I have never tried to sell any of my weeks but this just seemed too easy. Yes, clearing $1250 would be great as I just need to dispose of this week as we no longer use it but from what I have read on TUG there are a LOT of scammers ready to take advantage of situations like mine. Does anyone know much about this company? Where did they come up with $2000? I expected to list the week for an asking price and then consider offers that would come in. Thank you all for any advice you can give me on this!!

Not sure what your resort is but I have a guess. Did you check eBay to see what your 8400 point resort has sold for? $1250 net seems very low to me but of course you pay for the convenience of having someone else handle everything. If you have the time and wherewithall, you could sell it yourself and save at least $750, if not more.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
If I were selling my Hilton TS, I'd check with both completed ebay auctions, and with the two brokers who specialize in HGVC that posters on the Hilton board recommend most. They are TUG'gers themselves and have stellar reps:

Judy K... -- http://judikoz.com/
Seth Nock --- http://www.sellingtimeshares.net/

aliikai2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Is this a real HGVC or an affilate?

[Your timeshare] should be an easy sell for around $8000, a Bay Club, maybe around $2000. So it make a huge difference what you have to sell,

Greg

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
A gentle reminder - posting the exact details of a TS that you have for sell in the discussion forums is considered "advertising," even if that was not your intention.

Wofat1

TUG Member
Reaction score
A gentle reminder - posting the exact details of a TS that you have for sell in the discussion forums is considered "advertising," even if that was not your intention.

Thank you Denise, my only intention was to get advice on my situation. How else would you suggest I do this?

glypnirsgirl

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you Denise, my only intention was to get advice on my situation. How else would you suggest I do this?

Not Denise. But I would do it by a general, rather than specific description of what it is that you want to sell and asking for advice. Or go to that specific forum, if there is one and reading what you can. Some of the forums have stickies on selling prices.

Go to the TUG marketplace and see what similar timeshare are being sold (or at least offered) for.

MANY of the scammers do not tell you that they will be charging the upfront fee until they are ready to close the deal. The mere fact that it has not been mentioned yet does not mean that it will not be. Also, you need to distinguish between the role of the person as the person selling your timeshare for you versus buying from them.

elaine