• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anyone interested in the Grammy's?

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
On a lighter note, is anyone interested in the Grammy's tonight? Personally I am voting for Adele. So glad she has got her voice back!

BevL

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
In a word, no - LOL.

The odd time I listen to the radio, it's talk radio. Don't own an Ipod and don't know how to download music.

Oddly enough, I do like American Idol.

dmharris

TUG Member
Reaction score
Watching it now; pathetic Beach Boys rendition by Maroon Five; ahh now the real thing is there!! THE BEST!!

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I'll be watching, believe it or not. I always watch (or record some years) because I like the live entertainment and also to see who is there and how they look. I really don't give a rat's patootie who wins. :eek:

Fern

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
McCartney's low-key Valentine ballad was kind'a cute.
Good thing, though, that he'll be back to do some of his classics.

Last edited:

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I've got it set to record (on the west coast it won't start for about another hour). That way I can see what I want. Really would like to see Adele win in all of her categories. What a voice!

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Been recording on the DVR. DW just switched over to the broadcast, and Adele is next up!

squeeze

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've got it set to record (on the west coast it won't start for about another hour). That way I can see what I want. Really would like to see Adele win in all of her categories. What a voice!

+1. Go Adele! :whoopie: 4 new Grammy's so far tonight.
So far, so good. She's getting ready to perform.:clap:

I'm not sure how Katy Perry did that quick change in the midst of her performance (I think I blinked and missed something.:rolleyes: )

and, Lady Gaga! Gotta love her. She's trying to be Michael Jackson's kids or something with that, huh, fishnet stalking ....over her face.;) Shes' so crazy, how can you not love her.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
+1. Go Adele! :whoopie: 4 new Grammy's so far tonight.
So far, so good. She's getting ready to perform.:clap:

I'm not sure how Katy Perry did that quick change in the midst of her performance (I think I blinked and missed something.:rolleyes: ).

Quick change? My take was the first person was not Katy, they never showed a closeup.

squeeze

TUG Member
Reaction score
Quick change? My take was the first person was not Katy, they never showed a closeup.

OH. Maybe that's the case. Maybe they were not singing (and the song was recorded), but I thought they showed that person (who I thought was Katy Perry) singing. Figured I missed something somewhere.:doh:

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am so glad Adele has got her voice back.

She blew us away with that performance, I had to rewind and review it again. I just loved her band, and the quartet of backup singers!

Just Fantastic!

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
Loved the opening by The Boss.

Mike

I'm just starting it on DVR. Bruce and the band sounded good, turning up for their upcoming Wrecking Ball Tour.

I look forward to the tributes, just saw the Etta James one . . . hope they do one for Clarence Clemons too. And of course, Jennifer Hudson <<sigh>> singing Whitney will bring down the house, even if she does struggle through it as she did during rehearsals today.

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
I'll be watching, believe it or not. I always watch (or record some years) because I like the live entertainment and also to see who is there and how they look. I really don't give a rat's patootie who wins. :eek:

Fern

Me too Fern!

dmharris

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am so glad Adele has got her voice back.

She blew us away with that performance, I had to rewind and review it again. I just loved her band, and the quartet of backup singers!

Just Fantastic!

She is gifted! So happy for her! No fire, no splashy dancers, light effects, just pure talent. Refreshing.

Skittles1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I always love the Grammy's. Adele was amazing, and absolutely deserved every award she received. I thought they did a really classy job honoring Whitney Houston's memory. Jennifer Hudson was perfect, gave me chills, and brought tears to my eyes. But my favorite part of the show was the Foo Fighters. I love Dave Grohl :)

Elan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not too shabby of a show finale when Dave teamed up with Springsteen, Joe Walsh and Sir Paul. Low on theatrics, high on rock and roll. :clap:

Mike

I missed the first part of the show, but noticed Joe Walsh on stage at the end. Did he perform earlier?

dmharris

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not too shabby of a show finale when Dave teamed up with Springsteen, Joe Walsh and Sir Paul. Low on theatrics, high on rock and roll. :clap:

Mike

Yes, that was spectacular! They looked like they were having a lot of fun!

Joe Walsh played earlier, I think with Paul McC if I remember correctly.

BoaterMike

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Caribbean, Royal Haciendas, Marriott Grand Chateau,
I missed the first part of the show, but noticed Joe Walsh on stage at the end. Did he perform earlier?

Yes, my memory is a little foggy on it, but I think he backed up McCartney earlier. I did not dvr the program, so I can't confirm.

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Never Even Heard Of Her Before Sunday Night.

Adele was amazing, and absolutely deserved every award she received.
She's a major serious talent for sure.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

Skittles1

TUG Member
Reaction score

Mike

That was a great way to end the show. Does anyone know who the other guy that was standing next to Dave playing guitar, the one with blondish hair (not Joe Walsh) ?

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Is it just me, or did it bother anybody else when Jennifer Hudson stood for applause and threw kisseys at the crowd at the end of the tribute to Whitney Houston? It would have been so much more classy if she had just exited the stage after finishing the song. She appeared confused; she turned to exit, then turned back to accept the applause (which to me was for the tribute to Whitney, not directly to her).

I dunno...seemed to be wrong to me. But maybe I'm just cranky...

Fern

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The little bit I watched, Katy Perry was tiresome. I want people to just sing the song. The theatrics were over the top. Some background dancers are fine, but skip the fireworks. The song gets lost.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Is it just me, or did it bother anybody else when Jennifer Hudson stood for applause and threw kisseys at the crowd at the end of the tribute to Whitney Houston? It would have been so much more classy if she had just exited the stage after finishing the song. She appeared confused; she turned to exit, then turned back to accept the applause (which to me was for the tribute to Whitney, not directly to her).

I dunno...seemed to be wrong to me. But maybe I'm just cranky...

Fern

Considering the tribute was put together so quickly, I'm not surprised there was confusion. I think she did a remarkable job. I understand she broke down in tears during the rehearsal.