• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Booking Strategy for Marriott [merged]

CalBoomer

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am a newbie. This March I will be trying to book a specific week at Summit Watch in Park City. Can you really experienced hands explain the best possible strategy for computer and phone to get the reservation as soon as possible after the Marriott site opens for a Friday or Saturday arrival?

Another thread here documents another owner's frustration with this "process." I understand the problem. I just want to maximize my chances and not experiment when others may have perfected the process.

CalBoomer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Please help

I am a newbie. This March I will be trying to book a specific week at Summit Watch in Park City. Can you really experienced hands explain the best possible strategy for computer and phone to get the reservation as soon as possible after the Marriott site opens for a Friday or Saturday arrival?

Another thread here documents another owner's frustration with this "process." I understand the problem. I just want to maximize my chances and not experiment when others may have perfected the process.

jpc763

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's - Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge Villages & Imperial Palms Villas
You really should just bump your previous thread in the future if you are not getting any action.

I *ONLY* use the log in method to book my timeshare and I log in at EXACTLY 9AM ET on the first check in date possible for my timeshares. I have never failed to get the week I want. Of course I have no idea if it would work in Park City, but this is how I do it.

First, find out the first date you can check in by going to this site:

http://img.vacationclubsurvey.com/images/ownercomm/LeapYear/020111Resort_List.html - NOTE: Be sure to check your resort and make sure it is the 2013 calendar.

Second, on that morning at about 5 minutes before the window opens, log in to the website and get all the way to the check in page. Refresh that page until you see the new week show up. Pick your checkin day and complete the booking. I put screen captures of all of the steps on this post to another thread.

http://tugbbs.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1224438&postcount=33

Good luck!

J

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
I would add one suggestion- I suggest logging in a day or two before and go through the process as though you were going to select a date. That way, you'll see what the pages look like and what should come up, including familiarity with selecting "choose to occupy your full villa" assuming that's what you want, etc. You'll also get to see what the calendar looks like, and the link on the calendar page to refresh the page. You can even get a feel for how many seconds the refresh takes on your computer. That way, the day you should reserve you'll be all prepared and not confused. Usually at 8:59 I start an initial refresh, wait a few sec., refresh again, etc. and at 8:59:45 just keep on refreshing. Be ready to pop right down to the date you want and click on it as soon as the new week's calendar comes up at 9:00:00 (hopefully).

I have also called in with my other hand, having gone through the prompts beforehand so I know exactly what to hit, using the redial button on the phone. Last few times I've found I am clicking through before the rep does, so last week I just used the online booking and booked at 9:00:00. However, I do have a very fast cable connection and if your Internet or computer lags a little you might not only want to rely on online booking, esp. if you really,r eally need a single week.

Good luck, and welcome to Tug :wave: