• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Feb HHV Trip

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
All,

The plans have come together and I'm very excited for the trip!

I was able to secure 6 nights in a 1BR+ at Lagoon Tower -- my ideal length of stay and unit category! I am currently holding them as 2 nights in one reservation and 4 nights in another, and I'll call to ask them to combine them into a single stay to avoid having to change rooms.

I love Open Season -- it is a great way to stretch points. Does anyone know who gets the money -- Hilton or the Lagoon HOA?

Thanks again to TUGgers who gave me good advice and especially to Remy and Pacman who offered to hold space for me if they saw the days available, I appreciate the help!

All the best,

Greg

slum808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Greg,

That's great news! I'm glad you got HHV for all the nights, moving to Ko Olina would have been a real pain.

So open season is less than 30 days right? How does HGVC determin cost for open season? Is it cost per point like WM, or do they just pick an open market number?

Steve

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
So open season is less than 30 days right? How does HGVC determin cost for open season? Is it cost per point like WM, or do they just pick an open market number?
They are based on room size, category and season. Here is the current nightly rate chart for 2012:

OpenSeason2011.jpg

Kurt

slum808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Kurt,

Thanks for the chart. I keep hearing people rave about open season, now I know why. Those are crazy good rates for a 1 bedroom at HHV. I can't even get a hotel room on Kamaaina rate for that.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Steve,

I agree -- the Open Season rates are terrific -- as are the Bonus Time rates for Worldmark. You'll want to study the cost of Bonus Time nights on Maui/Kihei/Big Island because if you see an inter-island airfare deal, you'll can get similar low costs in Worldmark.

I think it's like $80-$90/night, if I recall correctly?

Thanks very much -- and looking forward to a Hawaiian cocktail on our trip!

Best,

Greg

Last edited:

slum808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Unfortunatly since the GO! Aloha airfare war put Aloha out of business, their has been little in cheap air fairs. I would have used Mokulele, but now that they joined with GO!, I'm boycotting. Island air is cheaper, but I don't know if I can get my wife on a prop plane. That only leaves us Hawaiian. Still I'll have to check it out. Its been a few years since I island hopped.

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'll call to ask them to combine them into a single stay to avoid having to change rooms.

I don't know if they can or will do this for you. However, in the past I have always asked at check-in if I can stay in the same room. It's never been a problem.

But do ask ahead of time. You never know.

zora

TUG Member
Reaction score
GregT, congratulations! We will be staying at a 2 bdrm prem from feb 18 for 3 nights. Let me know if you want to take a look see.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
GregT, congratulations! We will be staying at a 2 bdrm prem from feb 18 for 3 nights. Let me know if you want to take a look see.

Zora,

Thank you kindly, yes I would really like to see the 2BR Premier units. I've seen pictures of them, but it would be terrific to see the real thing.

I'll send you a PM with my cell phone number -- thanks again for the offer!

Best,

Greg

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We'll be there that time frame also!

Hockeybrain,

I'm glad you will be at HHV too, where are you staying? I'll hope to see you at the pool bar one day and we'll have a Mai Tai! Enjoy your trip (I can't wait!)

All the best,

Greg

yumdrey

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Greg,
Congrats, you made it!
Open Season rate at HHV is a real steal.
Have a great trip!

hockeybrain

TUG Member
Reaction score
First two days Grand Waikikkian to give it a try and then our home week at Lagoon 1 bedroom plus.