• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What are the chances of a 1 bedroom at BC or BWV?

Catira

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi, my husband has two conferences in Orlando during October. I had set up an ongoing search for a 2 bedroom check in Oct. 14 back in November 2011 for any DVC unit.

Today, I modified it to a 1bedroom only for Beach Club or Boardwalk Villas since he will take the rental car and I will be using disney buses. I realize these are the most popular resorts due to Food & Wine Festival. Now second guessing myself.:confused: Maybe I should add Bay Lake Towers? What do you all think?

Last edited:

MichaelColey

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I also have an ongoing search for BCV (for any week from early October through mid November), which I've had running for quite a while. The bulk deposits for October should go through in a couple months. I think the odds are very good for mine (because of the wide range of dates and older start date) but still fairly decent for yours (perhaps 50/50) since you have an ongoing search. The inflexible dates and limited number of resorts hurts you, though.

What is your backup plan? For me, I don't need one. We'll only go if we get the exchange.

If you add BLT, that'll increase your chances, but you should also be prepared in case you don't get anything DVC. Unfortunately, by the time you know if you got it or not, it'll be too late for the best off-site properties.

One thing I've done before is to book a backup reservation and add vacation protection. If my top choice comes through later, I cancel. You tie up two deposits that way, but it can be worth it when you don't want to get stuck at an inferior resort, but still want a chance at your top choice.

If you end up off-site (or one of the less conveniently located DVCs -- AKV, SSR or OKW), you might consider a second rental car.

Hi, my husband has two conferences in Orlando during October. I had set up an ongoing search for a 2 bedroom check in Oct. 14 back in November 2011 for any DVC unit.

Today, I modified it to only include Beach Club or Boardwalk Villas since he will take the rental car and I will be using disney buses. I realize these are the most popular resorts due to Food & Wine Festival. Now second guessing myself.:confused: Maybe I should add Bay Lake Towers? What do you all think?

Catira

TUG Member
Reaction score
I also have an ongoing search for BCV (for any week from early October through mid November), which I've had running for quite a while. The bulk deposits for October should go through in a couple months. I think the odds are very good for mine (because of the wide range of dates and older start date) but still fairly decent for yours (perhaps 50/50) since you have an ongoing search. The inflexible dates and limited number of resorts hurts you, though.I added Bay Lake to my search and what makes it a bit more challenging are my limited checkin dates.

What is your backup plan? For me, I don't need one. We'll only go if we get the exchange. I hope to book Bonnet Creek once a bulk deposit shows up.

If you add BLT, that'll increase your chances, but you should also be prepared in case you don't get anything DVC. Unfortunately, by the time you know if you got it or not, it'll be too late for the best off-site properties.

One thing I've done before is to book a backup reservation and add vacation protection. If my top choice comes through later, I cancel. You tie up two deposits that way, but it can be worth it when you don't want to get stuck at an inferior resort, but still want a chance at your top choice. Might end up doing that.

If you end up off-site (or one of the less conveniently located DVCs -- AKV, SSR or OKW), you might consider a second rental car.
Bonnet Creek has a shuttle so I won't need the rental car.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Bonnet Creek has a shuttle so I won't need the rental car.

Yes, it is number in the bus parking lot at each theme park that you sit on the pavement while waiting for the bus. It is late many times - and it runs at long and intervals (30-45 scheduled minutes). I think the number at the Transportation Center was either 75 or 77 .... not in the lot where the Disney buses pick up or where the Waldoff Astoria bus, but on the other side of the trees (about in the middle of that lot).

When I took the bus back to Disney, the pickup was at tower 6 and tower 2, with a waiting shelter.

Take to bus to the park; take a CAB back ---- would be my personal plan.

MichaelColey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nobody's shuttles compares to Disney transportation, but Bonnet Creek is probably the closest. I would personally prefer a car (and it would be worth the $200 or less it would probably cost, to me), but if you're fine with shuttles WBC is probably about the best off-site choice.

Hopefully you'll end up at one of the DVCs and it'll all be a moot point. ;)

Catira

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, it is number in the bus parking lot at each theme park that you sit on the pavement while waiting for the bus. It is late many times - and it runs at long and intervals (30-45 scheduled minutes). I think the number at the Transportation Center was either 75 or 77 .... not in the lot where the Disney buses pick up or where the Waldoff Astoria bus, but on the other side of the trees (about in the middle of that lot).

When I took the bus back to Disney, the pickup was at tower 6 and tower 2, with a waiting shelter.

Take to bus to the park; take a CAB back ---- would be my personal plan.

Linda.. I do remember that the shuttle was not very frequent or good. The first time I used it I had a hard time finding the shuttle at disney. Maybe staying at ANY DVC resort would be better than staying offsite. At least the bus service is much more frequent compared to Bonnet Creek.

stanleyu

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you do the search on line? If so, call in and see if you can add more resorts to your search pool.

It's a real crap shoot, but October is a long way off - don't give up yet. A lot of people deposit at the six-month mark. We put a search in for April of last year and got the week before Palm Sunday - we asked for Boardwalk or Beach Club and got BC.

From my experience, the easiest to trade into is Saratoga Springs.

MichaelColey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another DVC I would encourage you to consider is VWL. It's probably the third most common one (after SSR and OKW) to appear on RCI, and the transportation is pretty good. You can take the boat to MK, and the bus stop to the other three parks is just a short walk from the villas. The theming makes this DVC one of our favorites.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
With only one check-in day, I would be as broad as possible in the set of resorts I was willing to take. I think you are being too picky, especially considering that Food & Wine is the most popular time for those two resorts, second only possibly to summer at BCV. I would add *at least* BLT and VWL, and I would consider adding the others as well, getting the cancel protection in case a better one comes along later.

You mentioned getting a 2BR. Is it just the two of you, or are you bringing others along?

With more than two people, having a 2BR would be more important to me than obtaining a particular resort. With only one check-in day, and wanting a 2BR, I would list all of them. I would not want to stay at Bonnet without access to a car at least most of the time. With only two people, a 1BR would be fine, and you can be a little bit pickier.

Last edited:

Catira

TUG Member
Reaction score
With only one check-in day, I would be as broad as possible in the set of resorts I was willing to take. I think you are being too picky, especially considering that Food & Wine is the most popular time for those two resorts, second only possibly to summer at BCV. I would add *at least* BLT and VWL, and I would consider adding the others as well, getting the cancel protection in case a better one comes along later.

You mentioned getting a 2BR. Is it just the two of you, or are you bringing others along?

With more than two people, having a 2BR would be more important to me than obtaining a particular resort. With only one check-in day, and wanting a 2BR, I would list all of them. I would not want to stay at Bonnet without access to a car at least most of the time. With only two people, a 1BR would be fine, and you can be a little bit pickier.

Previously did have a search going for a 2 bedroom, since other people might be joining us. But now that it will probably me only my husband and I, the ongoing search was modified to a 1 bedroom for Oct.13-Oct.14 at ANY DVC resort. I'd rather stay onsite, than have to use Bonnet Creeks shuttle. I'll continue to check RCI inventory to stalk a 1 bedroom at BWV or BC.

Thanks.

MichaelColey

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think your chances are excellent with the expanded search (including 1BR and ALL resorts).

If you have two deposits to play with, you might do good to set up TWO ongoing searches. Leave the oldest one for just BCV or BWV. Set the other one for any DVC. When the bulk deposit goes through, you'll probably get a match on both searches. Just confirm the best one and release the other. If you only get a match on the wider search, leave it on hold as long until the last day to see if you get a BCV/BWV match.

Catira

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think your chances are excellent with the expanded search (including 1BR and ALL resorts).

If you have two deposits to play with, you might do good to set up TWO ongoing searches. Leave the oldest one for just BCV or BWV. Set the other one for any DVC. When the bulk deposit goes through, you'll probably get a match on both searches. Just confirm the best one and release the other. If you only get a match on the wider search, leave it on hold as long until the last day to see if you get a BCV/BWV match.

Michael were you reading my mind? I had thought of doing that this morning, but I need to combine deposits. My other big TPU deposit is already set up with another ongoing search. Decisions..decisions:ponder:

SOS8260456

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think you have a pretty good chance. I like Bonnet Creek, but would take any DVC over it, expecially if bus service is important to you. Glad to see you broadened your search and hope you get your first choice.

Lisa from PA