• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The New Chateau Orleans

zzcn69

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am an owner at Chateau Orleans and wanted to tell yall what's new there. It's pretty impressive. A new management company has taken over and is making improvements. An elevator is being installed. Beautiful crown molding is being installed throughout the resort. Plantation shutters have been installed. The exterior has been painted. Some units have been refurbished. I saw #4, a studio, a week ago and it has an awesome chandelier and antique 4 poster bed. There are some other units already refurbished and more are planned. We have been assured our MF will not go up for 3 years, but I shudder to think what will happen after that.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am an owner at Chateau Orleans and wanted to tell yall what's new there. It's pretty impressive. A new management company has taken over and is making improvements. An elevator is being installed. Beautiful crown molding is being installed throughout the resort. Plantation shutters have been installed. The exterior has been painted. Some units have been refurbished. I saw #4, a studio, a week ago and it has an awesome chandelier and antique 4 poster bed. There are some other units already refurbished and more are planned. We have been assured our MF will not go up for 3 years, but I shudder to think what will happen after that.

FYI

there is a 2 bedroom 1 bath unit at Chateau Orleans on ebay now (auction ends Jan 21, 2012 18:35:01 PST)

Interesting to note that they charge a $1500 transfer fee...the seller is paying half of it (I wont be complaining about wyndhams $299 fee any more)

zzcn69

TUG Member
Reaction score
More on Chateau

Ron, that transfer fee is news to me. Of course, you know that registering a change of ownership is more expensive in Louisiana (around $350) than anywhere else I know because state law is based on the Napoleonic Code or so it was explained to me. I did ask employees why all the upgrades and was told new management company was upgrading so they could charge renters more. They have gone up $10 on PO rates, but can't complain as this was the first increase in 15 years. I know they are aware of Ebay sales. While they have done nothing to upgrade bathrooms, I can tell you the redone units are gorgeous. Will be glad to answer questions.

MaryH

TUG Member
Reaction score
How much are the MF for 1 and 2 bdrm units?

What happened to the old management team and when did the change happened?

MaryH

TUG Member
Reaction score
For the transfer, there are differences between quit claim which is somewhat reasonable and the full transfer which was over 1K.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
For the transfer, there are differences between quit claim which is somewhat reasonable and the full transfer which was over 1K.

From a legal standpoint, a quitclaim isn't much at all. A quitclaim conveys whatever interest the grantor has in a property. I can quitclaim my interest in the Empire State Building and you get nothing at all. I have no interest in the Empire State Building.

The grantee of a quitclaim cannot be assured of a free and clear title.

zzcn69

TUG Member
Reaction score
MF at Chateau

I paid $456 MF for 2012 for a 1 br. condo. Don't know MF for 2 br. We were notified in August, 2011 that Leisure Management, LTD was now managing the Chateau. I was told that the woman who ran our old management co. had retired and dissolved her company. We were also told there was a 2 year moratorium on raising our MF. Looking around the resort now and seeing all the improvements, I am sure we can look forward to a hefty increase in 2 years. They are not updating the bathrooms which all have the jetted tubs that no longer work, but putting up beautiful crown molding, chrystal chandeliers and wood shutters among lots of other improvements really make the resort much nicer. It already has the best patio of any resort in NOLA in my opinion.

MaryH

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think they did a significant increase back in 2010 or 2011 with a special assessment of 100-150$ that seem to have become permanent.

MaryH

TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe there is a elevator now.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
From a legal standpoint, a quitclaim isn't much at all. A quitclaim conveys whatever interest the grantor has in a property. I can quitclaim my interest in the Empire State Building and you get nothing at all. I have no interest in the Empire State Building.

The grantee of a quitclaim cannot be assured of a free and clear title.

I would agree that a quitclaim isnt much, but when (if) you pay so little for a timeshare who cares...I know I dont.. Actually with timeshares its a little better than your Empire State Building example. At least with a timeshare when you get you maintenance fee bill you can be pretty well assured that, even if the title is not free and clear, you will be able to use the timeshare.

MaryH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Paul Collins has been the front desk / manager for a while (know him from at least 2004) but he apparently have a new boss called Pauline. I used to remember a Roy being mentioned around 2005 or 2006. I think a few years ago, I already seen cards with Leisure Management..

MaryH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Would be interested to get in touch with other Chateau Orleans owners. Please PM me.

pattib

Reaction score
I am an owner at Plaza Suite Hotel Resort and I just got back on Friday from a week in New Orleans. The owner of Plaza Suite told us he just bought Chateau Orleans and was making some improvements. He also said the new timeshare 1/2 block away from Plaza Suite would start sales in about 6 months.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am an owner at Plaza Suite Hotel Resort and I just got back on Friday from a week in New Orleans. The owner of Plaza Suite told us he just bought Chateau Orleans and was making some improvements. He also said the new timeshare 1/2 block away from Plaza Suite would start sales in about 6 months.

Ok, now you have my attention....Where is this new timeshare, is it being done by the same guy that has Plaza Suites, another independent or one of the systems?

MaryH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Stayed at Plaza suites back in 2004 for rental from an owner for the first week of Mardi Gras. Most units did not have outside windows and the hot tub was not working when I was there. The unit I was in had a leaking roof and since water was colleting on the spiral staircase, I asked to be put into another unit.

They also own Plaza Suites in Metiere?

They don't own all of Chateau Orleans but apparently they are now the management company and are doing some development there. But they are not fixing the jetted whirlpool tub / bathroom from what I heard but put in a lift and some other stuff. Chateau Orleans is on Burgandy at Bienville and Iberbille and next door to the Ritz Carleton the Saint.