• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WYNDHAM PALM-AIRE....what unit to request?

dreamin

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
I booked the Palm-Aire through RCI Extra Vacation Getaway. It's a 2 bedroom with check-in on Feb. 4th. My searches on TUG have retrieved older reviews and Trip Advisor reviews have not been kind to this resort. Apparently there is an older building outside the gated community where I don't want to be. And some of the units have been remodelled but the reviews don't mention which units or building. There are also newer buildings but I'm not sure if they have identifying names. Has anyone been there recently that could recommend a unit/building? I always like to phone ahead about 2 weeks before check-in to confirm the reservation and make a request for a unit even though I realize there are no guarantees.

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
Room 862 is fabulous , even has a separate den. I think it was in the Areca Palm building and all those corner rooms would have the same configuration

michpich35

Reaction score
We stayed in Fountain Palm Building & loved it!!

We were offered a room in Areca Palm on the 5th floor, but didn't like this room, palm tree partially obscured the view, the unit was definetly an older one. I asked to be moved. So they gave me a room in the Fountain Palm Building. Lovely renovated room - it did us just fine. Our room was overlooking the pool, I could literally have a conversation with the children from their. It was also a great room for us as it was the 1st room after you come out the lift but what was great was that you had to walk across a lobby before you got to the room, so no lift noise, no noisy neighbours from your left & nobody below. This was a perfect spot for us, however it is near the pool, so if you don't mind noisy children and noise from the bar then you'll be good.

We love Palm Aire!! Wish I was thier now!!:)

Note - Areca Palm buildings have beautiful huge wraparound balconies.

I

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
We were offered a room in Areca Palm on the 5th floor, but didn't like this room, palm tree partially obscured the view, the unit was definetly an older one. I asked to be moved. So they gave me a room in the Fountain Palm Building. Lovely renovated room - it did us just fine. Our room was overlooking the pool, I could literally have a conversation with the children from their. It was also a great room for us as it was the 1st room after you come out the lift but what was great was that you had to walk across a lobby before you got to the room, so no lift noise, no noisy neighbours from your left & nobody below. This was a perfect spot for us, however it is near the pool, so if you don't mind noisy children and noise from the bar then you'll be good.

We love Palm Aire!! Wish I was thier now!!:)

Note - Areca Palm buildings have beautiful huge wraparound balconies.

I

What was the room #?

michpich35

Reaction score
What was the room #?

I was asking my son about this but we really can't remember - at a shot could have been something like 274? but that really is a guess. It was the 1st room you come to as you come out the lift just above the bar. That is not much help though sorry.

natasha5687

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was asking my son about this but we really can't remember - at a shot could have been something like 274? but that really is a guess. It was the 1st room you come to as you come out the lift just above the bar. That is not much help though sorry.

Are you an owner or an RCI exchanger?

walumb01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Palm Aire Room 477

Where is unit 477 Anyone know the configuration of this 2bdrm and if its renovated