• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

2011 Retrospective: Best News about our DVC Memberships

dvcersinceday1

TUG Member
Reaction score
i'm likin' the news about VGF, not to buy but hopefully stay at the seven month mark (i bet lots of folks are planning this, though, :rolleyes:)

what good news from/about dvc has blown pixie dust your way in 2011?

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
... that I was able to both book (Feb) and visit (Sept) Aulani?

Culli

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nothing special in 2011 other than providing our family great times in a way we all enjoy. Every vacation gets better and better staying at DVC resorts.

tomandrobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
The announced Grand Floridian Resort

TiW available for all DVC owners in 2012

Online Booking starting Jan 19, 2012

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
Although I said to myself that being a TUGger I'd never buy more DVC points, GF may just persuade me and that leaves me hope that Poly won't be too far behind. That would be my perfect DVC portfolio. :D

blondietink

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Saratoga Springs; Sheraton Vistana Villages St. Augustine; Westin Adventuras
That I was able to book a stay at BCV's at the 7 month mark in April 2011 .... and that I did the same thing for 2012! BCV's here we come again! Had the opportunity to book at BLT both times, but resisted the temptation. Now, when VGF get built, that might make me change my mind.

Twinkstarr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Eagerly waiting the 2013 point charts!;)

I have had pretty good luck at the 7 month mark also, BLT MK view, BWV BW view and BCV. Was really surprised at the studio availability at 3 months out for October the other year when I did a last minute trip.

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Getting back into DVC with 500 BCV points. Both contracts had enough banked points to allow me to pay for two bedroom villas for a week at AKV and OKW. We, my daughter, son in law and 3 yo grandson, leave for AKV on Monday and its a Savannah view

Twinkstarr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Getting back into DVC with 500 BCV points. Both contracts had enough banked points to allow me to pay for two bedroom villas for a week at AKV and OKW. We, my daughter, son in law and 3 yo grandson, leave for AKV on Monday and its a Savannah view

Welcome back home, Icydog!:cheer:

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Welcome back home, Icydog!:cheer:

Thanks Twinkstarr. I sold for more than I paid for most of my contracts (VB being the exception)and I paid less for my new BCV contracts than I originally paid for my old BCV contracts! Life is good indeed.

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Stop me before I get back to 1550 points again!

chalee94

TUG Member
Reaction score
I sold for more than I paid for most of my contracts (VB being the exception)and I paid less for my new BCV contracts than I originally paid for my old BCV contracts! Life is good indeed.

great timing! :)

i love AKV - hope you enjoy the trip!

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
Stop me before I get back to 1550 points again!

Don't do it. Looks like Disney is going to start cracking down on rentals and you don't want to be in a position to have to rent those extra points in case you don't use them. That's alot of points. :eek:

500 is a nice manageable number. I wish I had enough vacation time to enjoy that many points. I know I'd park myself in AKV resort for the whole month of October every year with those points. :D

tomandrobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't do it. Looks like Disney is going to start cracking down on rentals and you don't want to be in a position to have to rent those extra points in case you don't use them. That's alot of points. :eek:

1500 points do not last long with rentals. Plus, the 20 reservation rule has been in place for a while now and no one has gotten in trouble.

Legally, Disney will have a tough time going after renters, since they are the biggest commercial renter of DVC points.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
1500 points do not last long with rentals. Plus, the 20 reservation rule has been in place for a while now and no one has gotten in trouble.

Legally, Disney will have a tough time going after renters, since they are the biggest commercial renter of DVC points.

Maybe so, but look how difficult Wyndham has made renting for their megaowners.
Guest fees, booking fees, transaction fees.
How can we be sure that Disney can't impose restrictions like this? :confused:

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score

Congratulations and Welcome Back. Enjoy your stay with your family.

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score

I had 1500 points spread across five resorts but almost everyone wanted to stay at BCVs. Most of the time my 300 point BCV contract was rented 11 months out by one renter. Then I had to tell all my other renters they had no chance for BCV. Also, most renters wait until 6 months or less before reserving- meaning they had no chance of BCV. I used to say if I had 1500 BCVs points and no other resort I'd always be able to rent my points out.

Maybe so, but look how difficult Wyndham has made renting for their megaowners.
Guest fees, booking fees, transaction fees.
How can we be sure that Disney can't impose restrictions like this? :confused:

Disney seems to be pushing back these days but so far noT with rentals. I think the eBay people messed it up for the rest of us. I read somewhere that a multi, multi, point owner and eBay renter, was going bankrupt and was defaulting on his gigantic DVC loan!

Congratulations and Welcome Back. Enjoy your stay with your family.

Thank you very much!

Last edited:

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
duplicate Post, Sorry!

Last edited:

DKT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Being able to rent points painlessly so I could pay for our Disney Adventure Ireland trip in Cash....

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looks like Disney is going to start cracking down on rentals and you don't want to be in a position to have to rent those extra points in case you don't use them.
From where I sit, the threat to DVC landlords is not Disney's policies going forward, but rather the growth of the system and increase in "landlord supply." Margins there are already too thin for my tastes, and this is only going to put more pressure on them. It's not as though there is an inexhaustible supply of ready and willing renters...