• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sleep Number Bed?

Carta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thinking about getting one...Do you have one? Please give me pros and cons...Thx.......Carta

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Radisson Hotels have them. I tried one there. Won't trade my memory foam for one. If there is one of these hotels near you stay a night and try it out. The selection of a bed- where you'll spend nearly 1/3 of your life is important enough to try them for yourself.

Jim

1950bing

Reaction score
I have one, no complaints. It replaced a run of the mill type.

wesdaniel

Reaction score
I have had one for about 5 years. It's strange because, when I first got it, I had the best sleep I've ever had in my life. That wore off after a couple of months, though. Not sure why.

Over time, it became more and more difficult to find a good sleep number for myself.

I've since bought a gel-infused memory foam mattress and really like it.

The big advantage to the sleep number bed is if you regularly sleep with somebody else who has a different sleep style than you. I like a little softer mattress, my ex liked very firm. It worked well for us for that reason.

Paumavista

TUG Member
Reaction score
We've got one

We like it.....but watch the controllers....
DH likes his side much softer so he kept making it soft; I like my side more firm.....somehow the controllers must have fallen down and gotten switched (still don't know how this could have happened) - but finally one morning I told him my side must have an air leak or something because no matter how firm I made it, it just kept getting softer:shrug: He says he can't get his bed soft enough:ponder: - we suddenly look at one another and follow the cords on the controllers to find we've switched them:hysterical:

Other than that one issue the bed has been really good - We've probably had it for 10 years and never had a problem...it's still as firm or soft as you wish.

L

laurac260

Thinking about getting one...Do you have one? Please give me pros and cons...Thx.......Carta

Do you want mine? I'd gladly give it away so I can go back to a decent mattress again.:annoyed:

riverdees05

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have one and the next time will go back to a good pillow top. We have problems with our air pump unit not working and having problems trouble shooting it.

siesta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Had ours for years. California king. Its great because i like a firm bed, and te other side can be soft. No prblems whatsoever.

lvhmbh

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have had one for 17 years - no numbers to select when it first came out - we love ours. Had the motor die ten years in and they replaced it for the cost of shipping.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
We tried a select comfort / sleep number queen bed for 90 days and decided to buy it. That was 18 years ago. We now have that bed in our guest bedroom.
A couple of years ago we bought a king sleep number. The only problem we had was the bladders were too low. I called the store and they sent out bladder lifts that soled the problem.

We also have a memory foam bed in our other guest room. Our guests like them both but some of them really like the sleep number because of the dreams. I don't know why but I dream and sleep better on a sleep number.

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
We've had a split king for about 3 years and are very happy with it. We like different levels of firmness and my wife likes to elevate her side. We haven't had any problems with it.

itrainu

TUG Member
Reaction score
LOVE our Select Comfort beds

I have had select comfort beds for 15 years. Absolutely love them. My hips used to bother me on a regular mattress. No pain, and you can adjust it to the firmness that is desired. On a scale of 1 to 10..I say a 12!!!!!:cheer:

icul8rg8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
LOVE our Sleep Number Bed(s)!!

We've had a sleep number bed for about 12 years now ... we love it so much that it's actually hard to enjoy vacations due to their awful beds.

We do a lot of camping in the summer and a few years ago purchase a sleep number bed custom made to fit our trailer.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

lll1929

TUG Member
Reaction score
My parents had one and my mom hated it. She loves extremely soft beds and it wasn't soft enough.

I took a nap on it and I wasn't impressed either.

It lasted about about 4 months before it was replaces with something different.

momeason

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sleep number beds

We have four in the family and an Airbeds Unlimited bed. Airbeds Unlimited has been in business since 1986 in Colorado. Started as a regular store. Now mostly internet sales.
My husband prefers the Airbeds Unlimited bed. I prefer the Sleep number except the promo Sleep Number bed. The Airbeds Bed will not get as soft as a Sleep number.
Customer Service is hit or miss with Sleep Number. Better with Airbeds Unlimited.

If you do go with Sleep Number, do not ever buy their promotional bed. It is cheaply constructed. You can add Memory foam from Sam's Club and add it to one of the lower models instead of paying the mattress company for it. I added memory foam to our Airbeds bed and it helped a lot. If you have a queen, a full size piece of memory foam is big enough because of the padding all around the edge of the beds.
Email me if you have questions..beachin4ever@ec.rr.com

Sherry

Carta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Decided to get a memory foam topper for our old bed.. For $78, I figured it's worth a try... Better than shelling out Big Bucks... Thx to all....