• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Just realized something about Wiaohai

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My Waiohai unit description on the my-vacationclub website says I own a unit in building 1. According to the same website, owners of buildings 1-3 have access to week 51 (Christmas) but not week 52, while owners of buildings 4-8 do not have access to either week 51 or week 52.

There is up to a $1000 rental difference (asking prices) between week 51 and week 24, the week we would usually go, at each of the Marriott resorts in Hawaii.

Ann in CA

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Mountainside, Marriott's Waiohai, Marriott's Canyon Villas, Marriott's Marbella, Shell Vacation Club
On the my-vacation club site I cannot find any place that says unit description. Right now I am at "My Account Profiles". Where should I be looking? We never knew there was an assigned building at purchase. Some units in Building one have terrible views (facing the roof of what used to be the restaurant) so maybe it only applies to oceanfront or ocean view.

Thanks!

Ann

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
Terry is referring to the deeded unit in post #1. It will be on your deed.

The deeded unit will be either island view or ocean view (there are no deeded ocean front units at Waiohai); the appendix to the Waiohai CC&R's defines which units are which.

The unit you are assigned when you check in does not correspond to your deeded unit, other than that it will be one of the units described as IV or OV, depending on what you own.

We were able to stay at the Waiohai last week (week 51) due to the serendipity of our resale week being deeded to Hale 2 and therefore floating 1-51. Marriott figured out part way through the sales process that they could get a premium for week 51 as well as week 52 and changed their definitions in mid-course; that is the reason for the anomaly that Terry describes.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Is this also why II has two codes for Waiohai Beach Club?

scrapngen

TUG Member
Reaction score
And yet when assigning point values (the new DP point system) to Legacy weeks, Marriott assigns the same value to a fixed 51 week as it does to a floating 1-50 and to a floating 1-51 week. The only week that gives the owner a higher point value for trading purposes is a fixed week 52. These owners paid a premium for the fixed 51 week to Marriott. :annoyed:

However, if you wish to stay during week 51 with points, it will cost more than other weeks, and if you wish to rent that week from Marriott it will cost more as well. So only the owner of that week doesn't get full trade power in the new program...

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
On the my-vacation club site I cannot find any place that says unit description. Right now I am at "My Account Profiles". Where should I be looking? We never knew there was an assigned building at purchase. Some units in Building one have terrible views (facing the roof of what used to be the restaurant) so maybe it only applies to oceanfront or ocean view.

Thanks!

Ann

You can see it online.

When you click "plan book my vacation" then "check availability" it will show you your Deed ID for each unit, to the left of the resort photo.

Ann in CA

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Mountainside, Marriott's Waiohai, Marriott's Canyon Villas, Marriott's Marbella, Shell Vacation Club
You can see it online.

When you click "plan book my vacation" then "check availability" it will show you your Deed ID for each unit, to the left of the resort photo.

Thanks. Never would have thought to look under availability! However, I am not sure which part of the ID stands for building. There is WI*, a four digit number, *, then a two digit number, * X in the ID. The four digit number has 01 as the last two digits, but no others would work for building number. The first two digits of the four digit group could be a week number, or the separate final two digits could be a week number.

We never knew we had a week number when we bought, but at some point did realize it had a week number attached, even though all Waiohai are no less than platinum. Assumed it was just for Marriott's accounting purposes.

If it is 01, could that be because we bought fairly early, and they just assigned starting with Building 1 and worked their way around the buildings as they sold units?

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
And yet when assigning point values (the new DP point system) to Legacy weeks, Marriott assigns the same value to a fixed 51 week as it does to a floating 1-50 and to a floating 1-51 week. The only week that gives the owner a higher point value for trading purposes is a fixed week 52. These owners paid a premium for the fixed 51 week to Marriott. :annoyed:

However, if you wish to stay during week 51 with points, it will cost more than other weeks, and if you wish to rent that week from Marriott it will cost more as well. So only the owner of that week doesn't get full trade power in the new program...

There is a similar anomaly with other resorts as well. I know at the Surf Club OV rooms were assigned the same number of points as OS, even though there was almost a 5K price differential at one point. An OS reservation doesn't require more points than an OV reservation there, unlike the week 51 point differential at Waiohai..

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Thanks. Never would have thought to look under availability! However, I am not sure which part of the ID stands for building. There is WI*, a four digit number, *, then a two digit number, * X in the ID. The four digit number has 01 as the last two digits, but no others would work for building number. The first two digits of the four digit group could be a week number, or the separate final two digits could be a week number.

We never knew we had a week number when we bought, but at some point did realize it had a week number attached, even though all Waiohai are no less than platinum. Assumed it was just for Marriott's accounting purposes.

If it is 01, could that be because we bought fairly early, and they just assigned starting with Building 1 and worked their way around the buildings as they sold units?

In many cases the first set of digits are the building number. At Waiohai I have seen.

Unit 1303A18
Building [1], Floor [3], Unit [03], Week [18]

Not sure what the [A] stands for, but it seems to increment (B, C, D etc) as the building number goes up. Ex 2202B22 Building [2], Floor [2], Unit [02], Week [22].

The WI* indicates the resort, as our Grande Vista begins with GV* and Harbour Lake begins with HO* (Horizons Orlando)

Last edited:

Ann in CA

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That configuration would work, except that there is no letter between the four digits and the two digits, just a "*" between each (and between the WI at the beginning and the X at the end). If that is correct, then our deeded building would be 3, not a building I would ever choose, but handy if it does let us book week 51.

Last edited:

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
In many cases the first set of digits are the building number. At Waiohai I have seen.

Unit 1303A18
Building [1], Floor [3], Unit [03], Week [18]

Not sure what the [A] stands for, but it seems to increment (B, C, D etc) as the building number goes up. Ex 2202B22 Building [2], Floor [2], Unit [02], Week [22].

The WI* indicates the resort, as our Grande Vista begins with GV* and Harbour Lake begins with HO* (Horizons Orlando)

This is almost certainly correct. We own two eoy weeks at Waiohai and the ICN numbers on the two separate deeds are (to use dioxide45's code): 1303A18*E and 1303A18*X.

Both deeds refer to "Apartment number 1303" in multiple places which suggests dioxide45's deciphering of the unit number is correct.

The deed we own with the "E" at the end is the deed for even years and the deed with the "X" at the end is for odd years.

I don't know what the "A" means.