• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Leaving Friday for SDO

jlhworth

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau, Desert Oasis, Cove at Yarmouth
DH and I will spend New Year's Eve in Scottsdale again! We take in the bowl games and relax after an all-too-exhausting Christmas.

Anyone else going to be at the SDO?

My hope for everyone here: that you have a safe, healthy, wonderful 2012!:)

mandoggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wish I was but booked SDO for next new years today! Any suggestions for ny fun would be appreciated!

jlhworth

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau, Desert Oasis, Cove at Yarmouth
New Year's Eve fun

I'm not sure what type of celebration you might enjoy, but I think Scottsdale and Greater Phoenix probably has something for everyone.

Don't tell, but the years we stay home, I rarely stay awake for the New Year!

:D Really, we have spent several of our 25 NYE's in Scottsdale, so I'll try.

On Mill Street (Millennium Street, back in 1999/2000), very near ASU campus and stadium, there is an awesome street party. Lots of restaurants, bars, shops, sound stages set up,etc. Several blocks, lots to see, eat, and do. The Fiesta Bowl Teams used to participate in a parade, not sure if this still is the case. Our kids have fond memories of bringing in 2000 with us on Mill. I'll let you know about the parade and whether it's still appropriate for kids.

I'm sure there are black tie events at some of the resorts that you could make reservations to attend, if that's what you would enjoy.

Last year we came back to SDO and they provided hats and noise makers, cheese, crackers, a fruit tray, and chips. Kids attended (it was really only 10 PM when we "celebrated"). We watched as the ball dropped in Time's Square on the big screen. Talk about FUN!?! Kinda like being at home! ;)

Have a safe one!

mandoggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Awesome!

We never go out for NY. Its impossible to get cab. Some NY it is 30 below. We usually have snackies and drinks at home and play board games etc. The two older kids are usually out with their friends. Our kids are 17, 15 and 9. The light at the end of the tunnel is just peeking through lol. I look forward to hearing more. We love Scottsdale, cheap flights, lots to do, great climate.....and dont forget Rawhide!! Woot!

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
Awesome!

We never go out for NY. Its impossible to get cab. Some NY it is 30 below. We usually have snackies and drinks at home and play board games etc. The two older kids are usually out with their friends. Our kids are 17, 15 and 9. The light at the end of the tunnel is just peeking through lol. I look forward to hearing more. We love Scottsdale, cheap flights, lots to do, great climate.....and dont forget Rawhide!! Woot!

I take it "at the foothills of the Canadian rockies" means you're in Alberta? Minus 30 one day and plus 30 the next day, right?

That's kinda what we saw after we left Phoenix and headed to Palm Springs last Christmas/New Years -- for that one day of freezing winds, had to take the girls shopping to buy winter coats on the spot...

Victoria forecast for NYE is 3C (38F for our American friends) and drizzle, sitting around in a t-shirt and shorts, pleasantly smiling at all of our friends/family back east... :)

Last edited:

mandoggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Calgary indeed!.... home of the chinook. Victoria would be nice for NY:)

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
What is there to do in Scottsdale? I've been thinking of visiting for the Barrett-Jackson auction, but I'm not familiar with what else is in the area.