• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wonderful Opportunity _ Free Timeshare [MONARCH GRAND VACATION]

Audrey

Reaction score
BEST Timeshare for those who love California!
We are moving out of country and need to give away our MONARCH GRAND VACATION timeshare. Completely paid off with maintenance fees thru 2012! :whoopie: 9 Resorts to choose from: Cabo, Vegas, Utah, 2 resorts in Palm Springs, 2 resorts in Dana Point CA, Northern San Diego, & Tahoe! Chairlift just across the street! Wonderful opportunity for someone who can enjoy an easy straightforward timeshare. :cheer: We have 111 points, available every other year and good for entire 24 months. Use as 7 consecutive nights in a one bedroom, or split points up into midweek nights and get up to 13 nights of vacation!
Points active through October 31 2013, then you get your next 111 points. Maintenance fee is $117/quarterly, paid up thru 2012! :)
Simple transfer process through Monarch Grand. See their website for picture of resorts.
Interested parties leave an email with phone number and we'll talk details!

Last edited:

Audrey

Reaction score
TAKE our Monarch Grand Timeshare

Extra Bonus: Monarch Grand trades with Interval International.

Audrey

Reaction score
SKI

:cheer: 2 great resorts for skiing --
Lake Tahoe, California with chairlift across the street from resort!
Or Cedar Breaks in Utah with great resort spa for after-ski.

Audrey

Reaction score
California

:wave: One of the only California timeshares being offered. :)
Don't let this go!
Please contact soon for easy, no cost transfer! :clap:

drguy

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Is it true that the maintenance fees rose 9% for 2012 because DRI bought the bankrupt developer Pacific Monarch?

Thanks.

Audrey

Reaction score
Maintenance fees

As I understand, they rose due to delinquencies & foreclosures.
Even with all that, Monarch Grand's quarterly fees remain some of the lowest in the industry. $117/quarterly.

For anyone who loves California - ski, beach, desert, & has the time to use all the points over the 24 months, it's a very sweet deal!

Maintenace fees paid through January 2013!

Dunk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Audrey, the points are available every other year, but what about the maint fee? Is that $117 every quarter for 1 year or for both years?
So for the 111 points is the maint fee $468 or $936?

Thanks

Audrey

Reaction score
Maintenance fees

This Monarch Grand Timeshare has maintenace fees of $117, four times a year, or $468 a year.

There are 111 points that are good for the entire 24 month period: November 1, 2011 thru October 31, 2013 - with the next 111 points coming in on November 1, 2013.

PLUS, if the owner pays their fees on time, Monarch offers "Appreciation Points". Last year, we got an extra 24 points, so that was a nice perk for simply paying on time.

:cheer: We're giving this timeshare away with maintenance fees paid thru all of 2012, so NO FEES until January 2013.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi - I sent you a private message on this also.

Do you know what the costs will be to transfer?

drguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
The transfer fee is $100. The maintenance fees are billed quarterly for all 8 quarters that the points are usable. Appreciation points are awarded based upon 10% of the total points in the account.

Last edited:

Audrey

Reaction score
Thanks for all the interest...

Timeshare still available!!

Audrey

Reaction score
Hope to give this away soon!

Take it, and spend a week by the ocean in Cabo!

Cabo Azul is one of the most beautiful resorts! Even has a classic open church that looks out to the ocean. Check out pools and suites on line. Owner perks at resort, like drinks and appetizers while socializing with other owners. Great mojitos!

Mandykins

TUG Member
Reaction score
Audrey,

I hope you don't mind me asking but your post is the first one I have been able to find regarding appreciation points. We bought our 155 pt MGV timeshare on the resale market and I noticed last week that we were given appreciation points, are these completely free points or is there any type of fee to use them? Are you able to answer that for me? Thanks bunches!

Audrey

Reaction score
Timeshare Is Gone

:cheer: This wonderful timeshare is sold! :cheer:

New owner so delighted they paid for the transfer, and reimbursed us for 2012 fees!

We found success by placing a paper ad on a neighborhood bulletin board.

drguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Audrey,

I hope you don't mind me asking but your post is the first one I have been able to find regarding appreciation points. We bought our 155 pt MGV timeshare on the resale market and I noticed last week that we were given appreciation points, are these completely free points or is there any type of fee to use them? Are you able to answer that for me? Thanks bunches!

The appreciation points were explained to me last year as a gesture of thanks for paying the new, much higher maintenance fees and not defaulting. It looks like they are being awarded again in 2012 from what I can see as our accounts are being transferred out of our names.
Guy

Mandykins

TUG Member
Reaction score
The appreciation points were explained to me last year as a gesture of thanks for paying the new, much higher maintenance fees and not defaulting. It looks like they are being awarded again in 2012 from what I can see as our accounts are being transferred out of our names.
Guy

I just wondered if there was any kind of a fee associated with using those points. When we were at their sales pitch when we considered buying points from the developer they were talking about gifting us all these extra points (like over 300) to use over the first 2 years but every time we used them I believe it was a $20 fee because they weren't points we owned they were gifted. When I saw the "appreciation" points posted to my account that I bought on resale I wondered if they carried the same type of fee since technically they're gifted points.

drguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
There were no additional fees when I used them.