• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Deposit Fixed Week into RCI?

h100

Reaction score
Hi.

I own 126,000 points at Glacier Canyon, and I am looking at buying a fixed week at a Wyndham resort that has not been converted to points. The fixed week is at a time of the year and place that I can use most years.

During the years the fixed week time/location does not work for me, can I deposit the fixed week into RCI using the RCI account that came with my Glacier Canyon contract (or can I only use the RCI account that came with my Glacier Canyon contract to deposit points into RCI)?

Thanks in advance for any responses!

Dave

rrlongwell

Reaction score
Hi.

I own 126,000 points at Glacier Canyon, and I am looking at buying a fixed week at a Wyndham resort that has not been converted to points. The fixed week is at a time of the year and place that I can use most years.

During the years the fixed week time/location does not work for me, can I deposit the fixed week into RCI using the RCI account that came with my Glacier Canyon contract (or can I only use the RCI account that came with my Glacier Canyon contract to deposit points into RCI)?

Thanks in advance for any responses!

Dave

If you buy this fixed week, after you buy it, can you ask if it can be converted to points for a fee (this would probably be yes for about $2,500) and if the converted points would count towards VIP Status (do not know the answer on this.). I am not actually suggest you do this, just that you post the answer. Thanks.

h100

Reaction score
Converting

If you buy this fixed week, after you buy it, can you ask if it can be converted to points for a fee (this would probably be yes for about $2,500) and if the converted points would count towards VIP Status (do not know the answer on this.). I am not actually suggest you do this, just that you post the answer. Thanks.

My understanding is that yes, you can convert the fixed week to points for about $2,500, and no, if you are just converting the fixed week to points (without purchasing at least something retail), you will not get VIP status.

Has anyone else been able to deposit a fixed week at a wyndham resort into RCI using an RCI account that came with a Wyndham points timeshare?

Thanks!

Dave

rrlongwell

Reaction score
My understanding is that yes, you can convert the fixed week to points for about $2,500, and no, if you are just converting the fixed week to points (without purchasing at least something retail), you will not get VIP status.

Has anyone else been able to deposit a fixed week at a wyndham resort into RCI using an RCI account that came with a Wyndham points timeshare?

Thanks!

Dave

Thanks for the info.

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
Dave I used to own two fixed Wyndham weeks which I routinely deposited into RCI via my RCI account that was paid for via my Wyndham UDI (points) ownership. It is not a big deal to have them all tied to one RCI account that Wyndham's paying for on your behalf.

As for the fixed weeks being converted to points, it has long been the position of Wyndham that any ownership acquired via resale does not count towards VIP status. Even if some slimely sales person tells you he can work that out for you, I would not take his word on it, nor anything he gives you in writing as you may find that it would not be binding on Wyndham to honor.

Ridewithme38

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dave I used to own two fixed Wyndham weeks which I routinely deposited into RCI via my RCI account that was paid for via my Wyndham UDI (points) ownership. It is not a big deal to have them all tied to one RCI account that Wyndham's paying for on your behalf.

the "Free" wyndham RCI account you get, is that a points or weeks account? If its a points account, how does that work with depositing a fixed week?

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
the "Free" wyndham RCI account you get, is that a points or weeks account? If its a points account, how does that work with depositing a fixed week?

Yes, it is a "weeks" account with RCI.