• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Renting Snorkeling gear at WSJ

bobpark56

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)
I know that WSJ offers snorkel gear rentals, but I can't recall whether they charge a daily rate or if you can keep the gear for several days without extra fees. Does anyone know the answer?

jerseygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't remember the details, but there's a fee per day ... and the fee is lower (on a per day basis) the longer the timeframe (e.g., $15 for a set for one day, $25 for two or three days -- something like that). I'm pretty sure that a weekly rental is not economical vs. just buying them.

We broke down and bought our own masks and snorkels. It always grossed me out to rent those pieces :)o) and they're easy to pack. We don't need fins a lot of the time, and if we do, I can deal with renting something for me feet, lol!! (I'm only a little nuerotic, I promise!)

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
The charge for snorkel, mask, flipper rental thru Westin (Cruz Bay Watersports) is outrageous, and the equipment is not of good quality. We bring our own equipment - that includes 'travel' flippers that are smaller than standard flippers, but work just fine for STJ waters. I bought a pair for Robin on Amazon for ~$30 (iirc).

To my knowledge - there is no other place to rent snorkel equip on STJ other than CB Watersports at the Westin or in Cruz Bay. I agree with jg in that I do not want to share my snorkel mouthpiece with someone else (even bleached).

Tfleming675

Reaction score
The charge for snorkel, mask, flipper rental thru Westin (Cruz Bay Watersports) is outrageous, and the equipment is not of good quality. We bring our own equipment - that includes 'travel' flippers that are smaller than standard flippers, but work just fine for STJ waters. I bought a pair for Robin on Amazon for ~$30 (iirc).

To my knowledge - there is no other place to rent snorkel equip on STJ other than CB Watersports at the Westin or in Cruz Bay. I agree with jg in that I do not want to share my snorkel mouthpiece with someone else (even bleached).

We paid $10 a day for two sets right from the resort in November.

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
We bring ours. The flippers take up a lot of room, but the rest of my clothes don't, so it's a wash.

I'm ordering a prescription mask for my husband for our January trip since he now wears glasses. :)

bobpark56

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)
Snorkel gear: Rent or Buy?

We paid $10 a day for two sets right from the resort in November.

Hmmmm...I have my own travel set, but my wife does not. Seeing that decent sets cost about $65 (last I knew), it sounds like buying a travel set for her would be worthwhile...provided we can figure out how to fit it into our luggage. I sure don't want to have to start paying airlines for an extra bag.