• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sunny Poipu

Kauai Kid

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Arrived Friday. Downpour on the way to the Point at Poipu.

Saturday: Four downpours

Saturday nite: Flash flood warning all the Islands

Sunday: Morning and evening downpours

Monday morning early--wet grounds but no idea if we had a downpour last night.

Sunny Poipu--Bah Humbug

Sterling

BevL

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I'll be landing there in a month - EXACTLY!!

Rain isn't good but at least it's warm rain. I hope it smartens up for you.

Bev

cindi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow. Sorry to hear that.

We were there a week ago and were blessed with beautiful weather. Only one day that I would call rainy. And only for a couple of hours.

Since it was our first trip to Kauai, I am afraid it would have ruined our trip to have weather like you are getting. :(

Now I just want to go back!

Hope it clears up for you.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
A coworker went to Hawaii for the first time a couple of years ago and spent a week in Kauai. It rained the whole time, except on the way to the airport to come home. He had a convertible and got sun burnt. There was so much rain in Poipu, the parking lot for the Poipu Beach Park was completely under water. If it stops raining, at least there will be plenty of waterfalls.

Calyn79

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have to add my 2 cents worth. Yes...there has been rain, but except for certain parts of the day on Saturday where I admit it did pour, all the days have been very usable. Today, Monday after the early a.m. clouds got over themselves, the day was gloreous, sunny and hot. I was at the Sheraton Beach and Lawai all day...not a rain drop. :)

Kauai Kid

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Scrooge in Poipu

Today, 12/12, Monday has been delightful. Sunny with occasional rainbows. :cheer:

Rediscovered a shortcut via Menehune Fish Pond that avoids all the construction problems.

Whales are back in big numbers. Planning on two trips with Captain Andy's--one this week and another next.

Attended the musical Scrooge at Koloa Union Church on Saturday. Was so good we went back for a second helping on Sunday evening. Kahu Rene directed the show and at one time had worked in LA as a film director.

Audience was to boo and hiss Scrooge and everyone worked out their aggressions.

Delicious Po Pos afterward and a chance to greet the cast. Father Christmas was perfectly played by a big, big, big man at least 7 feet tall and about 300#. Scrooge was excellently played.

Hope some tuggers beside us got to see it.

We got the blue ribbon for the best booers and hissers in the audience.

Sterling

MichaelColey

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Whales are back in big numbers. Planning on two trips with Captain Andy's--one this week and another next.
Good to hear! We're going on a whale watching cruise here on the Big Island tomorrow. I was hoping we weren't too early in the season.

kwilson

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good to hear! We're going on a whale watching cruise here on the Big Island tomorrow. I was hoping we weren't too early in the season.

Let us know which cruise you take and how you like it. We'll be there in a couple months and plan to whale watch. Have fun!

BTW, Sterling, we're in sunny Southern California and it's raining here too. But, it was 21 degrees back home in Oregon this morning so we're not complaining.

Last edited:

scrapngen

TUG Member
Reaction score
So sorry to hear about all the rain, but glad it's clearing up for you. (as I'm sitting here in WA with freezing temps) We'll be there in a little more than a week, though :cheer: :cheer:

Hopefully, the rest of your time there will be sunny. Regardless, just remember you're in Paradise....

Thanks for sharing about the whales. Sounds wonderful!

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
During our trip last year in February, it was rainer in Poipu than Princeville the week before. You never know.

I think Christmas would be a nice time to be on Kauai. I would just want to be home by Christmas Eve to see the grandkids.

MichaelColey

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Let us know which cruise you take and how you like it. We'll be there in a couple months and plan to whale watch. Have fun!
We went on the Body Glove Whale Watching cruise this afternoon. We saved 30% with an Aloha Privileges card (which we got by doing a Wyndham presentation early in our trip). The cruise was a full 2.5 hours and light snacks (pub mix, crackers, sodas and juice) were included. We were able to bring our stroller on board, which made things a little easier with our 1 year old.

It was their first Whale Watching cruise of the season, and it was a pretty light crowd. We got a lot of one on one attention from the crew. The waters were a little rough heading out, but our kids are thrill junkies so we loved it. We didn't see any whales. In fact, we thought it was going to be a complete bust, but we saw some spinner dolphins about 10 minutes before we got back to the pier. They have a whale sighting guarantee, so they gave us a voucher to take a free cruise. The next whale watching cruise isn't until the day we leave (too late in the day to make our flight), so they let us book a historical dinner cruise instead.

We would definitely recommend it. I've heard great things about the historical dinner cruise as well.

kwilson

TUG Member
Reaction score
@ MichaelColey

Michael, I was just going through some old posts and realized I hadn't thanked you for answering my request for a report on your cruise. I am really sorry. Anyway, thank you very much. We are still looking forward to our trip and will certainly check out Body Glove.

Kenny

We went on the Body Glove Whale Watching cruise this afternoon. We saved 30% with an Aloha Privileges card (which we got by doing a Wyndham presentation early in our trip). The cruise was a full 2.5 hours and light snacks (pub mix, crackers, sodas and juice) were included. We were able to bring our stroller on board, which made things a little easier with our 1 year old.

It was their first Whale Watching cruise of the season, and it was a pretty light crowd. We got a lot of one on one attention from the crew. The waters were a little rough heading out, but our kids are thrill junkies so we loved it. We didn't see any whales. In fact, we thought it was going to be a complete bust, but we saw some spinner dolphins about 10 minutes before we got back to the pier. They have a whale sighting guarantee, so they gave us a voucher to take a free cruise. The next whale watching cruise isn't until the day we leave (too late in the day to make our flight), so they let us book a historical dinner cruise instead.

We would definitely recommend it. I've heard great things about the historical dinner cruise as well.