• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I'm Desperate to Find...[case for iPhone 4]

IngridN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts: Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Shadow Ridge
a case/holster/whatever you call it, for DH's iPhone 4. He has the Apple case, however, wants a true, protective case for the entire unit. The Apple case and all others I've come across, leave the glass exposed. DH doesn't hook his phone on his belt, but stashes it in his briefcase, so wants a protective cover for the entire phone.

I thought I found one on-line. Opened the FedEx pkg and there's no way this 'universal' holster will fit his iPhone 4.

HELP. Any suggestions short of buying some leather and making my own which I doubt I'm capable of doing!

Ingrid

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Piel Frama is a leather case maker in Spain. They make absolutely amazing cases for a variety of gadgets. Quality is excellent, and prices are not bad, for a custom-fit kind of case. I've used their cases over the years on a variety of phones, PDAs, computers, ipads, and whatever that I've owned. They're sold in the USA by several vendors, one of which is cases.com. I highly recommend them.

Here's a link to a typical case they sell. They have other color options for most thigs, too:

http://www.cases.com/products/Piel-...-Leather-Case-for-Apple-iPhone-4-{47}-4S.html

Hope this helps,
Dave

IngridN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Piel Frama is a leather case maker in Spain. They make absolutely amazing cases for a variety of gadgets. Quality is excellent, and prices are not bad, for a custom-fit kind of case. I've used their cases over the years on a variety of phones, PDAs, computers, ipads, and whatever that I've owned. They're sold in the USA by several vendors, one of which is cases.com. I highly recommend them.

Here's a link to a typical case they sell. They have other color options for most thigs, too:

http://www.cases.com/products/Piel-...-Leather-Case-for-Apple-iPhone-4-{47}-4S.html

Hope this helps,
Dave

Fabulous :cheer: . I can't believe this site didn't come up in my searches for iPhone cases. Now I can't decide which one to order...too many great options. Thank you...

Ingrid

wackymother

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
My purse is a Piel XL tote. I love it!

heathpack

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
Mr. H has an Otterbox. Wicked protective and he loves it. Completely encases the phone, a screen protector covers the screen. Has some sort of rubberized texture so the phone does not slide around. Personally for me it makes the phone too big, but he loves it, he is a man so he really believes bigger is better, lol.

H

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Mr. H has an Otterbox. Wicked protective and he loves it. Completely encases the phone, a screen protector covers the screen. Has some sort of rubberized texture so the phone does not slide around. Personally for me it makes the phone too big, but he loves it, he is a man so he really believes bigger is better, lol.
I see tons of Otterbox cases around here -- I suppose that is because they are made right here in my city! :D In fact, one of our software architects at work just left to go work for them. From all reports, it is a great company. Buy American!

Kurt

IngridN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just ordered the black Piel Frama 523 & think DH will love it. He's a traditional kind of guy and would prefer the leather case to the Otterbox case.

Now my dilema is my cell phone. I have an old clamshell type phone as I have no need for a smart phone. However, I saw a red croc PF iphone 4 case that's to die for...unfortunately they only make cases for the smart phones and not the old style phones. I may just have to go down to AT&T and get me an iphone 4 for $100, not pay for the data plan, then I can get that red croc case :whoopie: . Makes perfect sense to me :D ...after all, I do need to do my part to get the economy going, no?

Ingrid

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I may just have to go down to AT&T and get me an iphone 4 for $100, not pay for the data plan, then I can get that red croc case :whoopie: . Makes perfect sense to me :D ...after all, I do need to do my part to get the economy going, no?

Ingrid
I love the way you think. :) Hope your DH likes his case. I'm sure you'll LOVE yours. :)

Dave

sdbrier

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just ordered the black Piel Frama 523 & think DH will love it. He's a traditional kind of guy and would prefer the leather case to the Otterbox case.

Now my dilema is my cell phone. I have an old clamshell type phone as I have no need for a smart phone. However, I saw a red croc PF iphone 4 case that's to die for...unfortunately they only make cases for the smart phones and not the old style phones. I may just have to go down to AT&T and get me an iphone 4 for $100, not pay for the data plan, then I can get that red croc case :whoopie: . Makes perfect sense to me :D ...after all, I do need to do my part to get the economy going, no?

Ingrid
Unfortunatly if you buy a new iphone from AT&T they will not activate it if the data plan isn't included. Thats their reason for the reduced price.:doh:

IngridN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Unfortunatly if you buy a new iphone from AT&T they will not activate it if the data plan isn't included. Thats their reason for the reduced price.:doh:

Oh well...I thought that wouldn't be an issue with the old iphone 4, rather than the new 4S. Ooops, I have Verizon; DH has AT&T. Maybe Verizon will do it. I assume I'll have to sign a new 2 year contract. I'll stop by tomorrow while running errands and see what they offer.

Ingrid

ScubaKat

TUG Member
Reaction score
With AT&T you can get around that by upgrading through your on-line account.. You can un-check the data plan option if you currently do not have one.. I have the unlimited data plan for $39 that was grandfathered in.. DH has never had a data plan and still upgrades his phones every 1.5 years.. :D

Elan

TUG Member
Reaction score
With AT&T you can get around that by upgrading through your on-line account.. You can un-check the data plan option if you currently do not have one.. I have the unlimited data plan for $39 that was grandfathered in.. DH has never had a data plan and still upgrades his phones every 1.5 years.. :D

Does your husband have a smartphone? On my family plan, if I try to upgrade to a smartphone online it requires the addition of a data plan.

ScubaKat

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does your husband have a smartphone? On my family plan, if I try to upgrade to a smartphone online it requires the addition of a data plan.

We both have the iPhone 4S.. When you login online it should tell you if your phone is eligible for an upgrade... If it is.. You can select the phone you want.. Then the next step will be asking about your plan with the options listed.. We just make sure the data plan checkboxes are unchecked... it has always gone through like that.

Elan

TUG Member
Reaction score
We both have the iPhone 4S.. When you login online it should tell you if your phone is eligible for an upgrade... If it is.. You can select the phone you want.. Then the next step will be asking about your plan with the options listed.. We just make sure the data plan checkboxes are unchecked... it has always gone through like that.

AT&T implemented the "no subsidized smartphone without a data plan" a while ago.

http://www.businessweek.com/the_thread/techbeat/archives/2009/08/att_to_require.html

To the best of my knowledge, if you're able to get a new subsidized smartphone every 1.5 years without adding a data plan, I think either you're getting grandfathered in on some old plan, or their monitoring/billing system is screwed up. Either way, good for you!

On my account, once I select a smartphone I can't proceed through the online checkout process without first adding a data plan.

Edited to say that, more precisely, I can't even add a smartphone to my cart without adding a data plan. I've been off contract for over 3 years.

Last edited:

brigechols

TUG Member
Reaction score

Ingrid

Thanks for starting this thread! I purchased a black case for DH and the red croc for myself;)

IngridN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for starting this thread! I purchased a black case for DH and the red croc for myself;)

I'm sooooo jealous...Verizon too, won't sell a smart phone w/o a data plan. The guy said they have reduced the cost and their cheapest data plan is only $20. Told him no way and to do the math.

Ingrid