• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Costa Rica Help

rickxylon

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Aruba Ocean Club
Aruba Surf Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Phuket Beach Club
This is probably not the right forum, but I can't seem to find the right one. I'm trying to get info about the best options for trading my Feb 2013 Aruba week for a Feb 2013 week in Costa Rica. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

jimf41

TUG Member
Reaction score
As you probably know MVCI doesn't have any TS's in Costa Rica. We stayed at the Los Suenos resort a few years ago and it was very nice. I looked into swapping for one of the II TS's there but they were very hard to get and IMO not worth trading a FEB Aruba week for.

Luckybee

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is probably not the right forum, but I can't seem to find the right one. I'm trying to get info about the best options for trading my Feb 2013 Aruba week for a Feb 2013 week in Costa Rica. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I srongly agree with Jim. We're going to CR in March for 3 weeks and we're doing the Manuel Antonio area and Guanacaste. I researched all the timeshares there and couldnt find a single one that I thought was worth giving up my Aruba weeks for. That said there are tons of other great places to stay in virtually all areas of CR depending on your preferences.

yumdrey

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would try CR Four Seasons residence club (private exchange).
Your Feb. Aruba week is a very good week, so it would be equal to Four Seasons CR?? There are 2 or 3 bedrooms at Residence club side which have a private plunge pool in each unit.
II doesn't have nice resort in CR.

David10225

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Barony Beach
Thanks for this info. My son just got engaged last week and they are talking about Costa Rica for honeymoon. I was thinking about paying for it as a wedding present so this is a good place to start looking.

ilene13

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed at Los Suenos a few years ago. We used Marriott points. The resort is in Jaco which has a abundant number of prostitutes. There were American businessmen staying at the resort who were bringing the prostitutes to the resort. They were in the pool being very inappropriate-- the pool has secluded areas. Many people complained but nothing was done by the management. Marriott gave me my points back when we got home and complained. I loved Costa Rica but I would not stay there.

DTP

Reaction score

pianodinosaur

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld x 2, HGVC Las Vegas Strip x 2, MVC Mountain Valley Lodge, MVC Legend’s Edge
We had a great time at the JW Marriott Guanacaste. Check out my previous posts in the Marriott thread and in the international thread. We were there in Feb 2011.