• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Transportation and grocery options to Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta for five adults?

ada903

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is our first time to Puerto Vallarta, will be staying at Grand Luxxe Christmas week. We are 5 adults. Should we just get a cab, and if so, do we negotiate the fare beforehand? What is a reasonable fare? Or is there some private shuttle service we should prebook?

Also, what is the closest major grocery store to Grand Luxxe?

Thanks for any insight! :hi:

aliikai2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Email the the resort

Vida Group furnishes free to the resort transportation. you can try this email, I am sure they will forward it to the correct party,
customerservice@grandluxxe.com

The new Wal-mart is a 50 peso cab ride away and has everything you will need.

Greg

This is our first time to Puerto Vallarta, will be staying at Grand Luxxe Christmas week. We are 5 adults. Should we just get a cab, and if so, do we negotiate the fare beforehand? What is a reasonable fare? Or is there some private shuttle service we should prebook?

Also, what is the closest major grocery store to Grand Luxxe?

Thanks for any insight! :hi:

ada903

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you Greg!! I sent them an email. Glad to hear walmart is so close!!

Asl18940

Reaction score
Also, while its about 20% more, you can have the concierge stock your unit from the Sun Market. Again, it is more expensive than the Walmart, and the selection is more limited, but you don't lose a few hours going to a food store. If you're really going to cook (remember there's no oven), then Walmart's the way. But if you're like us, and just need cereal, frozen waffles, and lunch meats, then the Sun Market is fine. There is no fee for the stocking the unit, but you do need to e-mail the concierge in advance.

jhac007

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ko Olina BC, Waioha BC, Crystal Shores (2 Gold), Kierland (Gold Plus), Ocean Pointe, Eagle's Nest, Vistana BC, Villas at Doral, Mizner Place, Windward Pointe, Star Island
Also, while its about 20% more, you can have the concierge stock your unit from the Sun Market. Again, it is more expensive than the Walmart, and the selection is more limited, but you don't lose a few hours going to a food store. If you're really going to cook (remember there's no oven), then Walmart's the way. But if you're like us, and just need cereal, frozen waffles, and lunch meats, then the Sun Market is fine. There is no fee for the stocking the unit, but you do need to e-mail the concierge in advance.

NO OVEN:eek: ..................and here's a quote from the website for the Grand Luxxe...."fully equipped gourmet kitchen with granite and marble counter tops, three 42” Plasma TVs, a reading nook, and one expansive living area." I guess a fully equiped gourmet kitchen does not require an oven. What else is missing in the "fully equipped gourmet kitchen"???? What does the Grand Bliss have??? I have back to back weeks at both but not unti Oct/Nov. 2012.

Jim

rifleman69

TUG Member
Reaction score
fully stocked kitchen doesn't come with a dishwasher either. Housekeeping will do it for you though.

JoeWilly

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Ada,

Here's the email address to arrange your free transportation from the airport to the resort. I suggest you contact them at least a couple of weeks in advance of your trip. I found them a little slow to respond. They will send you a letter with instructions on how to find Miller Transportation at the airport. The letter is pretty clear, but this tip may help. Miller Trans. is located on your right just before you exit the airport to go outside. Their sign is posted high on the wall as opposed to the timeshare sharks holding signs with resort names listed saying they are your transportation. And, I do mean timeshare sharks--you'll see what I mean when you get to the airport. Just keep walking, look up high on the wall for Miller Trans. sign.

cajadecambio@nvo.grandluxxe.com

We ate at the Mexican restaurant at the resort. It was very good. Not inexpensive and portions weren't too big, probably the size we should eat all the time. If someone has a really hardy appetite, they may be a little hungry after eating there. We didn't try the Italian restaurant on-site, however several people raved about it. We heard this year's chef is good and last years wasn't. If I find my vacation file, I'll post other restaurants we liked.

We did a day trip to Sayulita--very fun. We also zip lined with Vallarta Adventures and did their rythym of the nights cruise. The food was very good and I'm not a fan of buffets and the entertainment was very good.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
NO OVEN:eek: ..................and here's a quote from the website for the Grand Luxxe...."fully equipped gourmet kitchen with granite and marble counter tops, three 42” Plasma TVs, a reading nook, and one expansive living area." I guess a fully equiped gourmet kitchen does not require an oven. What else is missing in the "fully equipped gourmet kitchen"???? What does the Grand Bliss have??? I have back to back weeks at both but not unti Oct/Nov. 2012.

Jim

The Grand Bliss has 2 small refrigerators under the island. No oven or dishwasher, but a nice large microwave. We did not upgrade to the GB because of the refrigerators, the white couch & loveseat instead of 2 couches and fewer drawers to put our clothes in when we go. We decided that we liked the Grand Mayan better and kept ours.

ada903

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks all for the advice - I already got an email confirmation from the concierge for transportation - so we are all set! No oven! This will be hard because there are two of us going who love cooking - even on vacations! I kind of like shopping at Walmart - for the fun of it - and I am afraid to ask them to stock the fridge, just in case we need to argue for a different unit assignment.. I have a feeling we'll be looking at trucks from the patio :)

drguy

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks all for the advice - I already got an email confirmation from the concierge for transportation - so we are all set! No oven! This will be hard because there are two of us going who love cooking - even on vacations! I kind of like shopping at Walmart - for the fun of it - and I am afraid to ask them to stock the fridge, just in case we need to argue for a different unit assignment.. I have a feeling we'll be looking at trucks from the patio :)
You likely will be looking at trucks from the patio, as well as the ocean. Grand Luxxe is designed to give everyone an ocean view if I recall correctly. You will also likely hear construction noise. If it's going to bother you, stay home. If you are going on vacation to enjoy yourself, you will. The units are very nice and quite large. Besides, you'll be out of your room most of the time if you are like most people visiting there.
Have a great time!

rpennisi

Reaction score
Walmart has a very large tequila selection, as well as wine and other liquors and beer. If you get from Sun Market, the prices will be much higher.
What do you need an oven for if you have a cooktop and a large microwave?:)

Asl18940

Reaction score
My understanding is that ovens create regulatory issues for time share facilities in Mexico. The maids do the dishes, so that's not an issue, but I do think the lack of oven makes dinner preparation limited. Still, if you're making tacos or fajitas, it shouldn't be an issue.

On the issue of noise, it seemed to affect building 3 of the Luxxe the most. I was in 1 and there was no issue. Friends just returned from 3 and said it was a much improved situation.

ada903

TUG Member
Reaction score
I will post updates and photos when we go next week! If anyone has specific questions I can ask, please let me know. We will not attend the presentation, but I can stop and ask questions!

Asl18940

Reaction score
When I went to the update a couple of weeks ago they named the design firm the developer hired to do the water and theme parks. Can you post that firm's name? THanks.

JoeWilly

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not all rooms at the Grand Luxxe have ocean views. Our room was a view of the trucks. It sounds like the construction noise is over. We had a great time and weren't in the room that much, however when the trucks started running 24 hrs. a day, we asked to be moved. I do enjoy sleeping a little while on vacation.

judy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stay at other timeshares in the area and they have combination convection/microwave ovens. The kitchens ar all very well equipt. The GM properties have very limited kitchen facilities. When we stayed there it took 2 days to get a the necessary kitchen items to cook a simple pasta dinner for four people. One person in our party went down to the kitchen himself to get a culander to drain the pasta. They make it as inconvenient as possible so you go to their restaurants on the property.Don't expect much.