• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

2012 assessment letters, minimum program fee, biennial contracts

hjtug

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I had posted this on the thread about the doubling of biennial contract fees but am thinking that it is much of broader interest so I am starting a new thread with it.

The letters are available on the Wyndham website in the Financial Services section. A few owners have reported on the Wyndham Owners Forum that the double billing of Program fees has been eliminated for 2012 on their biennial contracts. In a telephone call, a Financial Services representative told me that for 2012 there will be a new $98 per year minimum Program Fee without PlusPartners and $117 with PlusPartners. This minimum fee will effect owners with small point totals.

antjmar

Reaction score
Thank you! I was wondering when this would be posted to my account!
This will also tell you what your 2012 MF are!

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
I had posted this on the thread about the doubling of biennial contract fees but am thinking that it is much of broader interest so I am starting a new thread with it.

The letters are available on the Wyndham website in the Financial Services section. A few owners have reported on the Wyndham Owners Forum that the double billing of Program fees has been eliminated for 2012 on their biennial contracts. In a telephone call, a Financial Services representative told me that for 2012 there will be a new $98 per year minimum Program Fee without PlusPartners and $117 with PlusPartners. This minimum fee will effect owners with small point totals.

So.....does this mean that they eliminated my doubled program fee for my biennial (and that it will go back to the lower amount) and replaced it with a new $98 fee? :ponder:

janej

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Is the $98 fee per account or per contract? Now the program fee is associated with contract only. It is not a bargain if the minimal is per contract. I think my 168k EOY contract has program fee in the $80 range.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
The minimum PROGRAM FEE for any MEMBER NUMBER for 2012 is $98. So 2 contracts of 28K each at $.51 for the CWP fee equals $28.56 EXCEPT the new 2012 Fee will be $98.

Will hit anyone without Plus Partners until they have OVER 193K in every year points .... that is a lot of people.

But I might be wrong, as I seem to remember IF you have less than 300K in points, your CWP fee is $.63 per 1k. That would be a minimum of 156K in points.

Cheryl20772

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is the $98 fee per account or per contract? Now the program fee is associated with contract only. It is not a bargain if the minimal is per contract. I think my 168k EOY contract has program fee in the $80 range.
it says in the financial services section a couple of places:

The rate used in calculating the program fee is based upon the total points allocated to a member and not individual contracts.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
I called Financial Services during lunch and they did not have any information on whether or not my Program Fee for my biennial would be cut in half (actually had no idea what I was talking about).

I was told that the minimum program fee will be $98 and that's what I should expect to pay for 2012. I was also told that a letter had been sent to me with the 2012 fees and that I would see the exact total there.

Fun stuff.....Thx

Cheryl20772

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was also told that a letter had been sent to me with the 2012 fees and that I would see the exact total there.

Fun stuff.....Thx
They probably have sent this letter. I got a similar one last year. If you want to see it early just log in to your Wyndham account.

Once in there, hover your mouse over "My Membership" and then click on "Financial Services".

Click on "CLUB WYNDHAM® Plus Assessments" and then on the "Printed Assessments" tab. The bottom one should be 11/30/2011 and will have 2012 assessment and a copy of the letter in a pdf file.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
They probably have sent this letter. I got a similar one last year. If you want to see it early just log in to your Wyndham account.

Once in there, hover your mouse over "My Membership" and then click on "Financial Services".

Click on "CLUB WYNDHAM® Plus Assessments" and then on the "Printed Assessments" tab. The bottom one should be 11/30/2011 and will have 2012 assessment and a copy of the letter in a pdf file.

Agreed -- when I checked it this morning -- it only had the one from last year -- I just checked it now and it states that it is unable to access this feature now, so maybe they are uploading mine today.

Will post with what I find. Thx

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yep. It just loaded the letter.

Program fee went from $88.12 in 2011 to $98 in 2012.

MFs went up slightly.....hmmmm

djohn75087

Reaction score
awesome, well kinda

I just went on the check my 2012 fees and they actually went down $6 per month! That would be totally awesome but I got a letter in the mail from Pagosa Springs stating that we would have a $374 SA instead of raising fees. That being said $374 isn't a big SA as long as it doesn't happen every yr. Hopefully that will be the only SA I get this yr of my 3 contracts.

hjtug

TUG Member
Reaction score
So.....does this mean that they eliminated my doubled program fee for my biennial (and that it will go back to the lower amount) and replaced it with a new $98 fee? :ponder:

They eliminated the double counting of biennial points. Folks with many points will see the full benefit of this. Many folks with a small number of points from biennial contracts will see an increase in their program fee (as you have) since the new $98 minimum more than offsets the elimination of the double billing.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
They eliminated the double counting of biennial points. Folks with many points will see the full benefit of this. Many folks with a small number of points from biennial contracts will see an increase in their program fee (as you have) since the new $98 minimum more than offsets the elimination of the double billing.

It is interesting -- it has me thinking about whether I want to buy more points to maximize my now-committed Program Fee, or whether I want to blow out the Wyndham timeshare. Probably dependent on whether or not I like Waikiki Beach Walk in 2013, which is a part of my 2013 travel plans.

We will see -- thanks very much!

Greg

Last edited:

Goofyhobbie

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
HJTUG,

Thanks for the update.

For anyone just now finding out about this change you can get some history by reading the following thread:

2011 "Program Fee" Assessment Increase on Biennial Contracts

The cover letter provided by Wyndham this year spells out how the Program Fee is being determined for 2012.

A cursory review confirms the long awaited change.

Many thanks to those Wyndham point owners who fought so hard when they became aware of the doubling of the "Program Fee" and decided to be proactive in their efforts to get Wyndham to correct the negative impact that Wyndham arbitrarily tried to impose on owners of multiple BI-Annual contracts who had a total allocation of points annually that exceeded 300,000.

It took the Board of Directors a while to review the "complex algorithm" that they had put in place and to react in a positive manner. However, they probably would not have done so without the complaints of many owners.

It has been said in the past that Wyndham does not listen when we protest changes. Well, this time we got their attention!

Individually one or a few owners probably would not have had their voices heard; but the out-cry regarding this issue (once recognized) was finally acknowledged.

Good things happen when we as individuals take the time to spell out the inappropriate increases and provide an adequate and pointed argument as to why we feel that a correction should be made.

When you access the Wyndham site as described above or review the cover letter that you should receive in the mail you will notice the change as quoted below:

Below you will find the 2012 CLUB WYNDHAM® Plus Program Fees as approved by your Board of Directors. Effective January 1, fees are based on your annual point allocation or half of your biennial point allocation.

Your enclosed Annual Assessment Summary includes your Program Fees as well as your Maintenance Fees voted on by the Board of Directors at your home resort.

2012 Program Fees

Members with PlusPartners:

$0.53 per 1,000 points or a minimum Program Fee charge of $117.00 per year, whichever is greater.​

Members without PlusPartners:

$0.51 per 1,000 points or a minimum Program Fee charge of $98.00 per year, whichever is greater​

CLUB WYNDHAM®Presidential Reserve:

$0.59 per 1,000 points for the first 1 million points,then $0.53 per 1,000 points for the remaining points owned under the membership​

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just checked mine and I am being charged the .53 cent rate, so I am getting charged the max of $117 - I bought resale. Is anyone else having this error for resale units on their statement? I tried calling the number listed on the statement to ask questions, but you can't get through to a live person.

rrlongwell

Reaction score
Just checked mine and I am being charged the .53 cent rate, so I am getting charged the max of $117 - I bought resale. Is anyone else having this error for resale units on their statement? I tried calling the number listed on the statement to ask questions, but you can't get through to a live person.

You may have a pleasant surprise depending on how you phrase your question. Ask if you points are showing as VIP Eligable points before you say anything about buying re-sale. You may have VIP eligable points.

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Talked to financial services and they claim I have plus partners and to call reservations for details on how to use it. So I will try that later.

Looked at last year's billing, looks like I was charged .53 per thousand last year also. If that is truly the case, I may buy more points to use in plus partners.

rrlongwell

Reaction score
Talked to financial services and they claim I have plus partners and to call reservations for details on how to use it. So I will try that later.

Looked at last year's billing, looks like I was charged .53 per thousand last year also. If that is truly the case, I may buy more points to use in plus partners.

It might make some sense to get VIP discounts if this is the case. Make sure if you do to make them make VIP Status in writting upon a new purchase. In your case, the safest way would be to take the trade credit and just buy a new single deed UDI or Access deed. I understand there are still both being sold by Wynhdam

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
For fixed week converted to points owners I predicted a reduction in points for this year because we got hit with 2X an adjustment last year, and now we should caught up and are only paying for a year estimate. See my original post and predictions on this at
http://tugbbs.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1058471&postcount=72

For me at least this has come true. I have a reduction in $11.23 month so $134.76 a year. This on 727K points. I also pay a program fee only on 308K.

Last edited:

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
last year you were hit with the program fee for every year even if you had an EOY property. So now that have replaced this with a minimim program fee. Is that still per year, or is that only in the year you get your points.

I was thinking of adding some points but was not considering EOY contracts because of the program charge EACH year. But I may consider adding some EOY points if I am only charged a fee in the year I have the points. I am way over on points so the minimum never applies I pay per K.

Any ideas?

antjmar

Reaction score
last year you were hit with the program fee for every year even if you had an EOY property. So now that have replaced this with a minimim program fee. Is that still per year, or is that only in the year you get your points.

I was thinking of adding some points but was not considering EOY contracts because of the program charge EACH year. But I may consider adding some EOY points if I am only charged a fee in the year I have the points. I am way over on points so the minimum never applies I pay per K.

Any ideas?

I was wondering the same thing. On page 2 of the letter that was just sent to me it states; " ...fees are based on your annual point allocation or half of your biennial point allocation".

So IMO if you only have a EOY contract you'll still have to pay the $98 min or the .51 per 1K points whichever is greater.

If you have other contracts which put you over the $98 min you will only pay .51 per 1k for 1/2 of EOY contract points.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I was wondering the same thing. On page 2 of the letter that was just sent to me it states; " ...fees are based on your annual point allocation or half of your biennial point allocation".

So IMO if you only have a EOY contract you'll still have to pay the $98 min or the .51 per 1K points whichever is greater.

If you have other contracts which put you over the $98 min you will only pay .51 per 1k for 1/2 of EOY contract points.

I am plus partners so I am paying .53 per K, but well over the min, my program fees are over $500.

So that might put a couple of EOY contracts back on the table for me. Interesting!!!

hjtug

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of adding some points but was not considering EOY contracts because of the program charge EACH year. But I may consider adding some EOY points if I am only charged a fee in the year I have the points.

It makes sense that the Program Fee be charged every year on an EOY contract since it is based on half the points. As an example, suppose you were considering purchasing a 256K EOY contract or a 128K annual contract. Each would have the same impact on your total Program Fee and the points in each could be used every year as desired. Charging the program fee every other year on the EOY contract would make it more attractive than the annual contract.

If two people owned those contracts as their only ownership, they would each pay the minimum Program Fee of $98 every year.

So, it seems to me that there will no longer be a penalty for owning biennial and if you find such a contract that meets your needs, there is no reason to avoid it.