• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Harbour Lake inventory booked up within 2 hours?

ScubaKat

TUG Member
Reaction score
So I called this morning to book the 1st week in 2013 for Harbour Lake.. called at 11:30 and ALL 13 month inventory have been booked up! :eek: Guess I will be on the phone at 9am when they release the 12 months inventory. I had no idea weeks get books so fast! :bawl:

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Are you trying to book two units for Week 1 or consecutive Week 1 and Week 2 units? Either way, I would keep trying throughout this month just in case somebody who booked something this morning cancels it. It's a long shot that two weeks/units will become available but it's worth trying at least once a week while your 13-mos window is open.

If you still end up using the 12-mos Call-In Date (1/3/12 for Week 1 at Harbour Lake,) you should consider trying to book then using the online option at my-vacationclub.com. It's much easier and quicker to go through that portal than to wait on the phone, especially when the window opens right at 9AM. You could dial in and try the computer at the same time and I'd guess that you'd be able to book at least one online in less time than a rep could do it over the phone. If you're trying for concurrent Week 1 units, you may even manage to book both online while you're still waiting for the phone rep.

But regardless of whether you want concurrent or consecutive units, if you're only able to grab one using the online portal on the 12-mos Call-In Date then you could still call that day immediately after booking the first and ask the rep to book the second because your 13-mos window will be open.

Good luck!

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
You own two Platinum Plus weeks and are trying to book a low demand platinum week in January. Were talking a TDI for week 52 at 150 and week 1 at 110.

I wouldn't expect them to be booked up at the 13 month mark. Is it possible that they only allocate a certain amount of platinum weeks to platinum plus owners to book? If so, is it possible that those weeks only open up at the 12 month mark?

I don't know the answer to either question, just throwing the thoughts out there because your experience defies logic.

ScubaKat

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Sue!! Unfortunately because I own a fix week I can only call and book and am not able to do it on-line... I just have to learn to actually call at 9am! I didn't think the week was that popular. I tried both booking concurrent weeks and consecutive week 1+2.. both were unavailable...

Thanks Dioxide! I talked to two different agents and they were as puzzled about it as I was. The second agent tried to work on it and I was on the phone with her for more than 40mins.. she said she escalated it to her supervisor and said she went up 2 different levels after that because she didn't believe think that week was that popular either. She checked to see if it just wasn't released yet or if there were other issues.. but she came back and said it looks like it is just booked solid even with the non-lock off 2 bedrooms. Your point about maybe limiting fixed week availability during the platinum season is interesting... especially at the 13 month release!

I guess I should be patient.. used up all my 2012 weeks and saw something in II I really wanted that would pull with a week 1.. :D

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Sue!! Unfortunately because I own a fix week I can only call and book and am not able to do it on-line... I just have to learn to actually call at 9am! I didn't think the week was that popular. I tried both booking concurrent weeks and consecutive week 1+2.. both were unavailable...

Thanks Dioxide! I talked to two different agents and they were as puzzled about it as I was. The second agent tried to work on it and I was on the phone with her for more than 40mins.. she said she escalated it to her supervisor and said she went up 2 different levels after that because she didn't believe think that week was that popular either. She checked to see if it just wasn't released yet or if there were other issues.. but she came back and said it looks like it is just booked solid even with the non-lock off 2 bedrooms. Your point about maybe limiting fixed week availability during the platinum season is interesting... especially at the 13 month release!

I guess I should be patient.. used up all my 2012 weeks and saw something in II I really wanted that would pull with a week 1.. :D

I thought if you owned a specific fixed week then you were guaranteed that week with the only variable being as to what the check in day would you be requesting.... :ponder:

Anyone have any comments about that?

yumdrey

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
try again @ 12 months out.
Jan. weeks are not high demand weeks compared to x-mas or NYE week.
Have never had any issue when reserve week 51 or week 52 at Grande Vista (floating platinum week).
So my guess is also platinum plus issue when convert to another platinum week @ 13 months out.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I thought if you owned a specific fixed week then you were guaranteed that week with the only variable being as to what the check in day would you be requesting.... :ponder:

Anyone have any comments about that?

I think in this case the OP owns Plat Plus fixed weeks that, at this resort, can be used to book anything in Plat season. OP is not trying to book the fixed weeks, she's trying to do an exchange to Plat weeks. (This is a benefit of only certain Plat Plus fixed weeks at only certain resorts.)

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You own two Platinum Plus weeks ...

Thanks Sue!! Unfortunately because I own a fix week I can only call and book and am not able to do it on-line...

:doh: Ah, THAT explains the "PP" in your signature! Sorry, totally missed that. But I learned something, didn't realize that changes to fixed weeks (where they're allowed) had to be booked by calling in.