• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New eBay Seller, thoughts?

raptor78

TUG Member
Reaction score
So a new seller has popped up on eBay - funinthesun01 -- not sure if connected to the funinthesun4 on this board or not...

Some nice properties listed and they are going cheap -- BUT BUT -- seller is wanting basic closing fees and immediate payment of maintenance fees for up to 8 weeks while it closes (which is likely more like 12-16 weeks)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WYNDHAM-GLA...50943922989?pt=Timeshares&hash=item3a6d6c632d

Recent listing -- these really seem to good to be true -- any inputs from anyone?

Mike

nsstampqueen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just a thought but...

Why is it all these ebay ads seem to have so many errors??? Maintenance Fees are monthly??? That's really high then if it's not a typo!

raptor78

TUG Member
Reaction score
Comes out to $6.37 per 1K in MF

Does seem high, I was thinking WCA points had $4.80 in MF but I could be wrong, been a while since I looked at them...

raptor78

TUG Member
Reaction score
Even at $4.80 it would be nearly $10K a year -- gotta realize its move than 2M points...

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Glacier Canyon's MFs are amongst the highest in the system - the numbers seem about right (maybe a few dollars per month too high). The 2010 MFs were $5.40 per thousand, without adding in the Wyn program fee.

persia

Reaction score
Something happened, the items are no longer listed, they don't seem to have closed, just disappeared.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe sold elsewhere...

Something happened, the items are no longer listed, they don't seem to have closed, just disappeared.

Some eBay timeshare mega-sellers "peddle their wares" in several different venues at the same time, as is their prerogative. If they happen to find a buyer through one of the other avenues first, it is certainly their prerogative to then end and remove the eBay listing.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Some eBay timeshare mega-sellers "peddle their wares" in several different venues at the same time, as is their prerogative. If they happen to find a buyer through one of the other avenues first, it is certainly their prerogative to then end and remove the eBay listing.

Usually though the auction simply ends early but can still be found under closed auctions. This auction simply vanished. Maybe eBay pulled it for a reason??

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
It is now showing as sold to the highest bidder.

I've had issues with stuff going "poof" at end of auctions on ebay. They come back a couple hours later. Must be something ebay does to keep the excitement down at the end of an auction. :shrug:

persia

Reaction score
I see now it's back. Interesting. He made more money off a Wyndham resale than most folks with a thousand feedback points. The ad is poorly written, it should have said use begins January 1st 2012, so buyer is responsible for 2012 maintenance or something like that. It may be due to lack of experience but somehow this seller seems familiar...

It is now showing as sold to the highest bidder.

I've had issues with stuff going "poof" at end of auctions on ebay. They come back a couple hours later. Must be something ebay does to keep the excitement down at the end of an auction. :shrug: