• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2011 ] Olympia Vacation Owners (#0743)

BigRedOne

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about this resort? There always seems to be an abundance of exchanges available which, to me, indicates that this is a pretty crappy resort. I am wanting to spend either the 3rd or 4th week in July in Wisconsin and would like to make this a family vacation. I need accommodations for at least 8 (and no one plays golf but we do like to fish). I have tried exchanging into Wisconsin for several years but the availability seems to be pretty slim.

Pit

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't make plans to vacation here. The future of the VOA is in doubt, as the ownership is voting on disolving the timeshare entity and selling off the assets.

ronandjoan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
I am wanting to spend either the 3rd or 4th week in July in Wisconsin and would like to make this a family vacation. I need accommodations for at least 8 (and no one plays golf but we do like to fish). I have tried exchanging into Wisconsin for several years but the availability seems to be pretty slim.

try Telemark ,it is further north, but is well worth it. Fishing is available on site - that's why we go! check my BLOG for several entries abot it, it is our favorite timeshare.

You can match up units to make lock-offs that will sleep 8, call the resort to check on this.

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
I'm not certain, but I don't think this is a "resort" in the typical timeshare model. Olympia is more a hotel type resort, that got into the t/s business. They have had major renovations to their hotel property. The location is convenient to Milwaukee (approx 30 mins away) and Madison (about an hour away) . . . but not so much to the Dells or other Wisconsin interests.

robcrusoe

Banned
Reaction score
Wonderful location but just a bare bones timeshare. Location, location, location, nice in the summer and the timeshare has privileges at the neighboring resort hotel. take it!!

frommhma

Reaction score
Olympia is no longer being sold

Does anyone know anything about this resort? There always seems to be an abundance of exchanges available which, to me, indicates that this is a pretty crappy resort. I am wanting to spend either the 3rd or 4th week in July in Wisconsin and would like to make this a family vacation. I need accommodations for at least 8 (and no one plays golf but we do like to fish). I have tried exchanging into Wisconsin for several years but the availability seems to be pretty slim.

I've been an owner at Olympia for about 25 years. As one person said, there was discussion of ending the timeshare portion of the resort, but not enough owners agreed to that, so it is still a viable choice for timesharing. It is an older resort (note how long I've owned) and they are just starting to update the timeshare portion of the resort. They do have three-bedroom condo's which would be great for the size of your group. Just be aware that it certainly doesn't have a gold crown rating, but it will provide a very nice place to lay your head and cook a few meals as well as convenient access to WI Dells, the water playland of WI, as well as Milwaukee and Madison for more serious pursuits.

wbtimesharer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wonderful location but just a bare bones timeshare. Location, location, location, nice in the summer and the timeshare has privileges at the neighboring resort hotel. take it!!

As an owner at the resort, location is what this resort is about. You are walking distance to a ski hill, golf course, pools, spa, restaurant, and Oconomowoc has some great lakes and shopping. Half hour to Madison and Milwaukee. Fireside Playhouse is less than an hour away. Dells is just over an hour.

There are 29 units with a mix of 1, 2 and 3 bedrooms. Small pets are allowed in specific units.

The decision by the ownership was to stay a timeshare. The BOD has aligned the maintenance fees to target renovating the resort to bring it up to date. Previous boards have focused on keepin MF's low leaving little room for upkeep.

jade2g

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am an owner at this resort (a 3 bdrm unit). I have been only for the last three years; but I certainly hope they do not shut down! It is not a big place in terms of the number of units, but it is exactly what I needed.

Kozman

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were here a few years ago. The units are bare bones acceptable however the location is great for seeing area attractions. There was mold growing on the wall in one of the bedrooms and the internet was next to the parking garage in the laundry room. I guess that is better than no internet. The office person on the weekend was surly and non co-operative when we asked if they had a lighter for the charcoal grills. Better bring your own matches. I had to walk over to the pro shop and borrow matches from someone there! Every question we had was answered with a shoulder shrug.