• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

In need of selling advice!

cw4529

Reaction score
Hi everyone, we are new to this site... We bought a Royal Holiday Silver membership in 2005 & three kids later have been trying to sell it for the past 3 years with NO luck. learned the hard way there are lots of scammers out there of course but wanted to see what anyone might have to say about the newest call we got. Bob from Us-time-share.com called us yesterday... never heard of the company & he claims to have a buyer in Germany for our property. we get our asking price but (here is the new twist) WE have to open a "holding account" through Bank of America & deposit the $2395 closing cost into this account.. sounds fishy to me, and this is a new sphiel that I have not heard yet. anyone have any advice on how to proceed? thanks so much in advance.. Chad & Carrie Wincentsen

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Fishy As Week-Old Sushi.

anyone have any advice on how to proceed?
Proceed by having nothing whatever to do with this blatant bogus hornswoggle.

It is nothing but steel-belted radial bamboozle & industrial-strength rip-off.

Do not touch this with a 10-foot pole.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
.. sounds fishy to me

Sounds fishy to me, also. Very fishy.

One should never, let me repeat NEVER, pay an upfront fee (except perhaps an advertising fee of <$50). Honest brokers are paid from the sale proceeds.

What makes your situation even worse is (1) they called you, not vice versa, (2) the price is probably too good to be true, and (3) the buyer -- who is almost certainly fictitious -- is foreign, giving them more opportunities to claim unforseen delay and eventually, a buyer who decided not to close.

Run away from these people.

richardm

TUG Member
Reaction score
$2,395. is not the transfer fee for a Royal Holiday account. This is obviously a scam. Before you do anything, contact RHC member services and ask them what the actual transfer fee is for your ownership.

This website you mention claims to be located in Florida. In Florida, it is illegal for a timeshare reseller to charge any type of upfront fee. What you will discover is that they actually are going to classify your payment as a "marketing fee" and will later claim you were never promised a buyer.

Report this scam to the Florida attorney general at http://myfloridalegal.com/timeshares.

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't even return the call as that just gives them a chance to talk you into paying. Best to forget they ever called. Your ownership is worth very little to nothing. Best to give it away if yoi can & save yourself more scam attempts. Good luck.

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
I wouldn't even return the call as that just gives them a chance to talk you into paying. Best to forget they ever called.

I agree. You owe these attempted scamsters nothing.

orlando5

TUG Member
Reaction score
scam

Hi everyone, we are new to this site... We bought a Royal Holiday Silver membership in 2005 & three kids later have been trying to sell it for the past 3 years with NO luck. learned the hard way there are lots of scammers out there of course but wanted to see what anyone might have to say about the newest call we got. Bob from Us-time-share.com called us yesterday... never heard of the company & he claims to have a buyer in Germany for our property. we get our asking price but (here is the new twist) WE have to open a "holding account" through Bank of America & deposit the $2395 closing cost into this account.. sounds fishy to me, and this is a new sphiel that I have not heard yet. anyone have any advice on how to proceed? thanks so much in advance.. Chad & Carrie Wincentsen

Just say to him Island village Tenerife the owner used this scam and ended up serving nine years in jail he gave the whole industry a bad name
:annoyed: email me if you need anymore info on the unhappy saga
We lost our time share
JUne

Last edited:

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Unfortunately your membership is worth $0.00. I think you may have trouble giving it away, but you aren't going to be able to sell it. If you owe money on it you will not be able to give it away until it is paid off. Your best chance would be to use the club, be very friendly and chat with everyone at the pool. Try to find someone who just bought but is still in the time period to rescind and try to talk them into buying or taking yours.

Otherwise you can list your membership on various free sites and use your points to take nice vacations or try to book resorts to rent to cover your MF's and maybe a little extra but you will need to know your market and price correctly.

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
imho $2400 must be the threshold for each transaction being a misdemeanor vs a felony since it is the amount de jour